PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At Tuesday Aug.24, 2004

McDuck
08-24-2004, 08:45 AM
:wave: Greetings Wearbles Colleagues! :wave:

I am having a wonderful day thus far even though it is supposed to rain :( Now it was supposed to rain yesterday too, but I watered all my poseys anyway. I dont trust the weatherman! Good thing I did as not a drop of rain fell from the sky. But in Chicago today it is overcast, warm :clap: and supposed to have thunderblumpers intermittently. hmm...spelling...I think we need spell check!

I woke this morning to find 4, yes FOUR of the shell auctions I placed on Just beads last night to be sold as buy it nows! And that has made my day. Of course I have a show this weekend and need to replenish those that sold. LOL But I thought I would try as i need some fast cash. I guess they were a hit! i accidently placed one of them in the wrong area and had to go back and fix that this morning or I am sure it would have sold too. Went into vitage lol :rolleyes: soem days you jsut need validation that what you are making is good. One of the shells even sold within the first hour I put it up, it wouldnt buy it now so the new owner sent me an email about the problem.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I am off to shower and make beads.

Mary...errrr...McDuck

Oskadis
08-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi ! :wave:

Congratz Mary!

Your shells are beautiful, so no wonder they sold so quickly :)

Here I am waiting for a thunderstorm to pass. As always I react sensitively to weather changes of this magnitude. How good it's not migraine this time :D

Hope to get busy in my house this evening - let's see if I manage to clean out the last of the grime in the kitchen. The previous owner seems to have deep fried a lot and never cleaned anything of it during decades (YUCK!)

As to my neighbors ... til now they have not put up their claim for the broken tips of the bushes with my insurance. Let's see what happens. Yeah bushes can grow back, but my neighbor is an educated gardener and kind of aware of the value of the plants in her garden.

Have a nice day!

McDuck
08-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Hello Karen and thank you!

As for the bushes, she should try to get the $$ from the man who did the work as it was his fault it happened not yours! And yucko! dont you hate when you move andpeople are such gross pigs?

-mary

Beads-Me!
08-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Morning Mary and Katie! Hello to all the rest of you! Congratulations Mary - WTG! I'm headed out to make a few beads until I figure out what else we're doing today. I can't believe school starts a week from today.... :( I want summer year round!

Have a good one my friends!

Gingerbiscuit
08-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Congratulations Mary! Your shells are gorgeous. Karen, good luck with your neighbour! Nancy, enjoy the rest of the holidays! You are lucky living so close to the water it looks beautiful. Have a great day everyone! :)

Barrie
08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Good morning all! Mary, no wonder those shells sold so quickly, they're stunning!! I meant to pm you about their gorgousness last week when I saw them on your website, but of course got side tracked ( sorry!). Ya know, if any should feel neglected and want to go on a road trip, send em my way! :wink2: Karen, hope the cleaning goes quickly and painlessl! Yuk!! Nancy, doesn't time fly during the sumer? I'm going to miss my son's g/f around here all the time. She comes to my wholesalers with me, shopping, everywhere! It's almost like having my own daughter LOL! But once school starts, I'm back on my own! :wave: to Lynne, and any others that join us.

I'm having a bit of a melancholy day, my show partner and good friend emailed me last night that she has breast cancer and is seeing a surgeon today to plan her course of action. I'm quite stunned about it, and not because it puts a crimp in our show schedule. She's a health nut, always goes for check ups and what not, so I'm hoping they've caught it early and she will be fine - but boy does it put life into perspective! Sigh!

On a brighter note, I'm back to my workbench today, need to get some custom orders finished, then pack for Glass Stock next week, and send them a package ahead of me (easier than trying to bring tools and stuff across the border!). Have a good day everyone!!!

Bangs
08-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Barrie, so sorry about your friend and partner :(
Mary, congrats!
Karen, I get those blasted weather-related migraines, too. My sympathies.

I take a ride out to the boonies today to pick up a couple of cases of frozen raw dog food. Oh, what we do for the fur kids. That will shoot the rest of the morning, so perhaps some jewelry making will perk up the afternoon.

TheBlueBetween
08-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh boy Barrie - sorry about your friend - hope they caught it early enough too. Isn't it weird how even the healthiest of people get sick.... it seems it almost doesn't matter what you do. Will send out some good thoughts for her.

Mary! Of course your shells are beautiful and wonderful - you just had to get them out there for people to see! I know I'm going to enjoy mine!

Well it's the fourth day of waking up to major rainfall here - our driveway is about washed out now. Luke and I are going to go over to the preschool today and see if we can help them move (the church building we were using asked us to move because we no longer fit in with their objectives - whatever that means). So we will now be in the Masonic Hall! Small towns are so funny.

I need to take a break from the tradeshow research - I've got myself all stressed out about it all! One book I read detailed the costs of a show, the costs of lost production and the money made (which seemed like a lot) and it still came out as a bust. Of course my production is very low anyway... so maybe it's not that big a deal. Perhaps if I work all year for a couple of holiday or summer shows it would work out. Things will be different when Luke goes to real school too... I have to keep rememberig that.

Hope you all have a nice creative day :)

Pam

Shirley C.
08-24-2004, 08:32 PM
i'm at the library back in my connecticut home town, and i don't have time to even read this thread. gotta get back to the house - mom's home alone and i can't leave her alone for more than an hour.

but i gotta tell you guys - I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel like i fell off the face of the earth. :(

no idea when i'll be able to go back home to california, but i'm going to try and get back to the library soon so i can use the computer to at least look at the show and tells. i'm in major bead/jewelry withdrawal!

pam, i was sure i had brought your biz card with me so i could ship out your necklace, but i can't find the dang thing. so please, please PM me your address!!

shirley, moonlighting as a home health aid