PDA

View Full Version : S&T Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Andee
08-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Good morning!

It's not even noon yet here, but I already have some pieces to show... Necklace and matching earrings with Bali silver and the bigger variety of seedbeads, and a necklace with glas, freshwater pearls and an old pendant.

MadameKali
08-24-2004, 05:28 AM
I love it! You're so productive ;) And I dig the red! And I like the metal beads. Those are cool!

I have something to show already too--for me, this is HIGHLY productive, haha. I finally finished my elfweave choker. My brain is too fried to really describe it. So here are some pictures :)

Oskadis
08-24-2004, 06:14 AM
Hi!

Lovely work Andee :) As always elegant and to the point.

Susie - I *love* the copper-red combo. And that elfweave is truly beautiful.

Here a little something from me. I weaved some frustration into this necklace I call ssnake. Czech beads, gunmetal parts and vintage siam red rhinestones.

Then (2) a bracelet for the upper arm. Bending that butterfly truly made me sweat... Attached with solid rolo chain and spring clasp. Czech crystal AB drop as a finisher.

tamjai
08-24-2004, 06:48 AM
morning!
andee - do you ever stop?? love the pendant on the blue necklace
susie - that weave looks very complicated - red and copper look perfect for fall
karen - i really like the necklace especially the clasp in front the way it's worked into the design. the butterfly is starting to look like a spider with the wings bent!
such good work first thing in the morning - i'm starting to feel slack.... :D
tam

Jacinthe
08-24-2004, 07:17 AM
posting pic will edit in a min

Andee - Awesome stuff, my fav is the blue and pearl one
Susie - very pretty, nice maile
Karen - very dark and brooding necklace, but that butterfly armband is AMAZING in its simplicity

Oki editting:
This is the necklace I am making for my glass supplier Margriet. She has been a greaat support for me, and is a wonderful friend to me. So I wanted to make her something special. When I saw this pattern on the web, I HAD to make it for her. So Retta in her generousness, she sent me the delicas and seed beads for the spiral and then little peach round ones. I had wanted to make the barrels myself. So I did, last night. I have to anneal them yet, but here is what it will eventually look like when I get it completed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/20424-margriet1.jpg

Here is a link to a larger pic
Larger Pic of Dutch Spiral Necklace for Margriet (http://members.home.nl/sjsglasswork/newstuff/margriet2.jpg)

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

McDuck
08-24-2004, 08:38 AM
And what a wonderful wonderful show and tell to wake up to!

Andee - those are seed beads? i was gong to ask you what they were, then I read. LOL in a hurry I guess again today. The read one just pops! and the blue one is very serene. Great work!

Susie - I LOVE COPPER! THat piece is awsome and makes me want to do chainemaille as though I need ONE more thing to try!

Karen - Sadly, my Mom did not bring me up bilingual :eek: and the German i took in high school has not stuck with me all those years ago. Well I understand much more than i can say. LOL I say this bcz I went to your ebay! LOL Anyway, how can we buy any of these beauties???

Sarah - My dear, I just am in LOVE with this piece. Stunning, elegant :clap: And you should be so pround for your first seed bead jewelry. the color and textures are magnificent and the beads pull it all together so well. I really like it! Your friend will be so proud to wear it!

As for me, wanna see some new greenware? ROFL

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

Oskadis
08-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Thx for all the good feedback :) You are the best.
Sarah, that necklace is stunning. I love the way you combined colors there. And it being your first dutch spiral piece makes it doubly special. I could not tell it is a first time from the looks it has.

Karen - Sadly, my Mom did not bring me up bilingual :eek: and the German i took in high school has not stuck with me all those years ago. Well I understand much more than i can say. LOL I say this bcz I went to your ebay! LOL Anyway, how can we buy any of these beauties???

All my auctions are in English and German. Just the me page is in German...

Still pondering about how to fit some English there - but Ebay.de is a bit jumpy about mixing up languages, so I have to be careful how to do it.

I am currently working on my homepage. Once it is completely bilingual I will put the addy in my signature :)

Andee
08-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Wow, thanks everybody for the feedback! :)

Susie - that choker looks great, and the colour of the stone fits just perfectly to the copper!

Karen - great work again, and boy am I glad that somebody else also saw the resemblance to a spider! Coz first thing I thought was "Wow, 'ne Kreuzspinne?!" ;) Hmm, and of course I'm curious and would love to check out your website (I don't mind if it's in German only! ;) )

Sarah - the necklace is gorgeous! When you posted the pic of the weave yesterday I couldn't quite imagine how it would look when it's finished, but I like it!

Mary - yup, those are seedbeads, but they are at least twice as big as usual and most of them are etched - I love these big babies! :)

I just finished another piece: freshwater pearls in a sort-of-haphazard-weave (means I didn't feel like following a regular pattern...)

TheBlueBetween
08-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Andee, first of all, I can't beleive you don't sell your work for a living - you make SO MUCH of it! And it's all beautiful! Love that old pendant...

Susie - more red and copper - what a great combo and great work!

Karen, I really like that necklace - and also all the stuff you posted yesterday - I meant to comment but never made it back there.

Sarah your necklace is coming along GREAT! What a great design!

Nothing from me again - I'm in a totally non-creative slump again.

schweets
08-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Beautiful work everyone!!! You guys are such an inspiration!

I have become completely addicted to wire work! Here are a few new pieces. The first is a set - 18" necklace, bracelet and earrings. The book said Foxtail, but I think it is really the Full Persian weave.

The second pick is a chain maille choker (I believe European 4 in 1 weave?). It fastens in the front. The clasps are from Kate McKinnon.

Gingerbiscuit
08-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Everything is wonderful! I particularly like Carol's maille - Kate's clasps are great too. Which book are you using please? :)

TheBlueBetween
08-24-2004, 02:51 PM
GREAT use of Kate's clasps!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Beautiful jewelry too :)

schweets
08-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks everyone!! These are really fun projects to work on.

One of the books that I use (and one of the most user friendly) is Great Wire Jewelry by Irene From Petersen

MadameKali
08-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Sarah, your necklace is coming along beautifully. I would have worn that all by itself, even without the bigger beads!

Mary, I do know that you love copper. ;) Hopefully I'll have more in the days to come, I still have some copper rings.

Great maille, Karen!! I think it is Full Persian--if you used rings, it's definitely FP, I think foxtail is actually a wire-loop weave and not jump rings.

Andee, you never seem to stop! ;) I love your haphazard pearls.

Work today.. real work, not jewelry work =( So anything else from me will have to come tomorrow.

Gingerbiscuit
08-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone!! These are really fun projects to work on.

One of the books that I use (and one of the most user friendly) is Great Wire Jewelry by Irene From Petersen

Thanks! I'm putting it on my wanted list! :D

kate mckinnon
08-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Carol, what a cool look for my clasps, I love it!
Kate

Beads-Me!
08-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Great work today! :clap: