PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent Caricature

koymonkey
08-24-2004, 01:34 AM
I've been lurking around here for a while now, I just finished my first attempt at a caricature. (I hope I uploaded it correctly, and is large enough) C&C welcome.

Kathryn Wilson
08-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi Koymonkey! Welcome to the Illustration Forum -

this is a really nice charicature - you did very well on the shading. Not familiar with the person, so I can't comment on how well you did on getting the features correctly - but all in all, a really good piece of art.

Hope to see more!

AFM159
08-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey there! thanks for sharing!

I like it for the most part, I think you got a good likeness. The only comment I might have is the earing on the right side (his left). Since I can't see the ear it looks outa place to me.

just my thoughts............

koymonkey
08-24-2004, 11:57 PM
yeah, I thought the earring looked out of place too, but since it was there in my reference photo I just kept it there. do you think I could have exaggerated a bit more?

designbyjen
08-25-2004, 08:51 AM
hiya
i know right who this is...good job. always room for more exaggeration, but this is a great subtle one.
my 2 cents are that the earring has got the most exagg. in this piece & doesn't feel apart of it because the rest of it is more reserved. the hat seems too barren...i can understand if his hallmark is a hat w/ no logos or something of that nature...but you could at least put some exaggeration into the hat...it's too 'real'.
so glad you shared w/ us & we hope to see lots more...you've really got a running start w/ the art of charicatures.
~~~jen

CoriaIsDaBest
08-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Ha! I looks just like him! Very nice! :clap:

Axl
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Okay. thats cool i like it a lot! :cool: I agree bout the earing. If you do anything about it keep us posted :D

kahlua
08-31-2004, 06:44 AM
The likeness is dead on. How much you exaggerate is up to you. Personally, I don't like the extreme exaggerations. A good exercise is to do a caricature of the caricature and see what you come up with.

Jason Seiler
09-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Hey man! Fantastic likeness! You nailed those cheak bones...AWESOME! :clap: I've seen a lot of attempts at 50 cent, not so many good ones...you did a great job.

I agree with the comments about the ears and earings. I think I know what you were trying to do...he's got really small ears.

For your first attempt...wow! Great job!!!
-Jason