PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, August 24 Show and tell

Nette
08-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm just getting ready to hit the sack. Thought I would share a set of pillows before I go. These colors make me think of an Native American wool blanket. Used dark Ivory w grays and black for the soft fuzzy effect. Made plenty of red and black spacers to go with it. Have a good night. :wave:
Annette

SonyaHusko
08-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Beautiful beads Annette, and the red beads are perfect accents!

I've been playing with soft glass lately, here's a recent set with bright colors on a base of black.

Sassyglassgal
08-24-2004, 01:27 AM
:clap: Wow, annette and addicted to beads, love those sets, love the pillows and the gray effects, and you are just as good with soft glass as boro, but I have to tell ya, I love what you do with the boro. Here's alittle set of wedding white and clear, the one bead on the end has clear stringer going across the bead all the way around, you can't really see it in the pic. Ok everyone....your up....show yours :) Debbie

Juls
08-24-2004, 02:20 AM
Annette, that is the perfect descriptive for those pillows. They do have the warm fuzzy look. Gorgeous!

Sonya, I love the bright on black set! Great job!

Debbie, it is so hard to get a picture of white that will show details. I think you did a pretty good job of showing them off. Very nice set!

Must be the rainy weather that has me working in subtle colors, but I am enjoying the results!

hugs~
~Juls

Cosmic Pearl: All moretti, black, periwinkle and silvered ivory.

Pine Nymph: Lauscha Olive, goldstone, black and ivory.

Zonnestraaltje
08-24-2004, 02:39 AM
Good morning everyone! I haven't posted in a long time, so I thought I would join in today. (Or I'm killing time and making excuses for stalking the Chinese Auction link! I really should go to bed! LOL!)

Just a fish....

beadreamer
08-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Annette, very nice pillow set ! I didn't think Native American when I saw them...I thought it had a Japanese influence because of the color combination.

Sonya, very different than your boro beads but very nice as well.

Debbie, Very nice set!

Juls, beautiful work!

Rachel, that's a cute fish!

Here is my contribution...I tried to make animals on a heart shaped bead so here are the results...I know I need a better pic of the pony...

Jacinthe
08-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Good stuff everyone - I'm on my hubby's comp, so I'll edit this and post replies to everyone from the other one in a few.

Here's my beads from last night 8 dark trans blue barrels, with silver pink under the trans pink , trans cobalt over white mini flowers, and vine cane.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/20424-24aug1.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Jacinthe
08-24-2004, 06:32 AM
How weird is that? I was editting my post, went to post it and then it said I couldn't edit anymore. That hour went really fast. But anyways here is what I was editting it for.

Editted to add comments:
Annette - that set is yummy. I like how you have red and black spacers.
Sonya - those are some fun, happy, bright round yummy beads.
Debbie - your little set reminds me of snow through a windowpane on a cold winter morning.
Julianna - Both sets are fabulous, my fav is the one with the big bumpy bicone, all those dots are perfect. :clap:
Rachel - that is one cute little fishie, just like always! :clap:
Mary - those are all three absolutely fabulous. My fav is the pony and my oldest daughter is here oohing and aahing over it. She wants it BADLY, she's doing a little dance about it. Silly nearly 6 yr old.

HUgs from Holland,
Sarah

nursekatie
08-24-2004, 07:35 AM
WOw....you guys have already been busy beavers today!!

Incredible things today....I must say....my favorite boro worker does soft glass just as beautifully as she does boro!!! (I love them Sonja!!)

Playing with different colors here. I have been making stock like mad.....then turning around and giving it away!!! Ah well....that seems to be half the fun!!

Booger
08-24-2004, 07:48 AM
It's like a fireworks display today! I just sitting here and alternating with the "Oooooooo's" and "Ahhhhhh's." I will be back after I haul some kids on out of here and be more specific this morning. In the meantime, will throw a head into the viewing and the Bay. Made with the ever popular Shreeky Pink.

Now, Where's My Portable Drum Set?
Sheryll The Waker

Trey Cornette
08-24-2004, 08:47 AM
A little Boro from me today.
Flame ON!
Trey

Foofaraw
08-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Annette ~ those definitely remind me of wool blankets, great job!
Sonya ~ talk about a color riot!!! I'm afraid of color, way to go!
Debbie ~ I have the same problem photographing my white and clear beads, your pic beats mine!
Juls ~ I'm in awe over the dot placement on your Pine Nypmh focal, talk about a steady hand!
Rachel ~ he/she is way to cute!!! I love the lips!
Mary ~ although the cat and cow are adorable, that horse is fabulous!! Is it going up on ebay? My stepmom's a horse fanatic!
Sarah ~ wow, those are great, and the size consistency is phenominal!
Katie ~ what can I say, do you do anything that I don't love?
Sheryll ~ she cracks me up!!!
Trey ~ those look as if they might glow in the dark, I LOVE THEM!

Here's another pillow set from me. Fumed ivory with Kanji writing in enamel on them and accenting black pillows. They say ....Believe, Hope, Happiness, Dream, Love, Be, Kindness, Create

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/19877-Kanji.jpg

Patricia'sglass
08-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Absolutely gorgeous, awesome beads already today!!! Katie, is steel blue a new color? Who makes it? Thanks
OMG, Jenn!! There are no words!
PAttym

starlightdesigns
08-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Oh, wow, Annette, I love the look of that set!

Sonya, those beads are so playful and fun!

Debbie, I love white and clear... I've tried that combo myself and never really liked what I came up with...

Juls, your sets just ROCK, especially the Pine Nymph set.

Oh, Rachel, your fish is adorable!!!

Mary, yours are my favorites this morning. Love the heart shaped animal beads concept!!! Woo hoo!

Sarah, those florals are just outright beautiful. Wow!

Katie, those bicones are to die for!

Booger, what can I say? I always enjoy your unique head beads. That one is awesome!

Jenn, you never cease to amaze me! WOW!

Oooh, Trey, those are luscious! I'm gonna have to try some boro someday!

I've got a few things to show today, been saving these up, so forgive the hogging...

Seascape ~ all Moretti, and etched. Still working on my stringer work... Got the DVD but STILL need TONS of PPP. Ack!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls167.jpg

Diamond Delight ~ all Bullseye, the mysterious rhubarb pink green shift and cranberry. The cranberry really influences the color of the rhubarb pink. Still, once again, working on that stringer control, daring to leave the detail raised. Loved using the little Zoozii diamond press though!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls168.jpg

Sweet Honey ~ all Moretti and etched. (I couldn't help it, I loved the way etching brought out the detail on some of Seascape beads).
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls169.jpg

Soft pink florals ~ all Bullseye, white, salmon pink flowers and clear. Bullseye makes florals look SOFT, very feminine. I love it...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls170.jpg

That's it from me! It's enough! Have a great day everyone!!!

emmytr1
08-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Beautiful beads as usual. Here is a set from me , I need to take better pics. later.I really like the way the colors came out on these.

Mary lou

littlecrow1
08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Ohh nothing better than a cuppa hot coffee with chocolate creamer ;) and the morning show and tell to start a day! :clap: Beautiful Beads Everyone!

I have a really cool bent mandrel bead from last night but havent even got it out of the kiln yet let alone taken any pics...lol...toooo tired. Think I have a Bead Makers Hangover :( ...rofl

Lara
08-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi Ya'll

Today I have 2 beads to show. First is a silver fumed organic bead.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/10029-FUMED_MONDAY.jpg

Second is another in my fossil series.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/10029-STONE_TAB_TUES.jpg

Lara

swamperfolk
08-24-2004, 12:04 PM
The sow and tell gets better every day. Awesome all. Katie the pink ones are lickable.

Beth Myers
08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
There MUST be something in the water, this is like the fourth day in a row of killer work.
Back Pats all around! :clap:
Beth

Beth Myers
08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh, wow, Annette, I love the look of that set!

Sonya, those beads are so playful and fun!

Debbie, I love white and clear... I've tried that combo myself and never really liked what I came up with...

Juls, your sets just ROCK, especially the Pine Nymph set.

Oh, Rachel, your fish is adorable!!!

Mary, yours are my favorites this morning. Love the heart shaped animal beads concept!!! Woo hoo!

Sarah, those florals are just outright beautiful. Wow!

Katie, those bicones are to die for!

Booger, what can I say? I always enjoy your unique head beads. That one is awesome!

Jenn, you never cease to amaze me! WOW!

Oooh, Trey, those are luscious! I'm gonna have to try some boro someday!

I've got a few things to show today, been saving these up, so forgive the hogging...

Seascape ~ all Moretti, and etched. Still working on my stringer work... Got the DVD but STILL need TONS of PPP. Ack!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls167.jpg

Diamond Delight ~ all Bullseye, the mysterious rhubarb pink green shift and cranberry. The cranberry really influences the color of the rhubarb pink. Still, once again, working on that stringer control, daring to leave the detail raised. Loved using the little Zoozii diamond press though!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls168.jpg

Sweet Honey ~ all Moretti and etched. (I couldn't help it, I loved the way etching brought out the detail on some of Seascape beads).
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls169.jpg

Soft pink florals ~ all Bullseye, white, salmon pink flowers and clear. Bullseye makes florals look SOFT, very feminine. I love it...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/37248-dls170.jpg

That's it from me! It's enough! Have a great day everyone!!!

Debby I do want to publicly tell you how wonderful your work is.
I've noticed since you had the Critique, your glass has changed and refined itself to a whole new level. You have put a lot of hard work and energy into your skills and the result is a very clean and elegant look.
High fives girl, your talent shine through.
love,
B~

double S
08-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Out of this world work :cool: (trying to find a phrase that hadn't been used yet :wink2: )
my offering to the goddess Ebay tonight
Antique plaster-- opal yellow (already gone through the 2 rods I received
wed.), various color stringers
Runes--Dark ivory, various stringers
Turquoise Nuggets-- I overstuffed my Zoozi minipress to get these semi formed beads
Lisa S

koregon
08-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Wow...there are some gorgeous beads here today....what a bright spot in another rainy day here....all week they say...grrrrrrrrrrrr. just like fall/winter...except muggy and warmer...I guess its productive to get work done in thou...but I miss the sunshine...

a couple squeezed sets from me.

Patricia'sglass
08-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Ooooooooooooo! love the shape on the stuffed zoozi press :clap:
Kaye, I love the colors in the etched set. Your stringer work is so awesome!

Briatha
08-24-2004, 02:41 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/17321-Drooling.gif
Thanks for sharing all the luscious eye candy! It's time to go change my drool bib and wipe up the floor :D

mtbarr
08-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Here is my contribution...I tried to make animals on a heart shaped bead so here are the results...I know I need a better pic of the pony...[/QUOTE]

These animal beads are SO ADORABLE!!!!! What sweet personalities they have.

Tink
08-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Ohmy. Too many great works to address them all, but I do want to specifically mention Mary and Jenn's posts. Wow!!!! Totally FABOO!!!!

nursekatie
08-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, awesome beads already today!!! Katie, is steel blue a new color? Who makes it? Thanks
OMG, Jenn!! There are no words!
PAttym

Luascha has Steel Blue.....GlassDaddy usually has it!! It is a great color!!

PolychromeBeads
08-24-2004, 06:32 PM
What a day today! My allergies are kicking the s*** out of me, and I ran out of fuel so can't torch. :( All I can do is look at all the beautiful beads on the S&T! And drool. Did I mention drool? :D

Here are a couple of mine:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/18777-posies1.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/18777-seeingstars.jpg

First are encased plunged florals in blues and teal on a base of powder pink rolled in gold adventurine. The second is black with silver foil stars coverd in blue, purple, pink, and green transparent - with the same colors used in the spacers.

Aimee
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2003/18777-spike.jpg

CalmWaterStudio
08-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I just can't believe the awesome talent all of you guys have. These show and tells have really been wonderful, lately.

Kaye, yours, especially are wonderful today!!! I love the soft play on colors.

Here are a couple I've been doing...

Kimberly Affleck
08-24-2004, 06:55 PM
WOw....you guys have already been busy beavers today!!

Incredible things today....I must say....my favorite boro worker does soft glass just as beautifully as she does boro!!! (I love them Sonja!!)

Playing with different colors here. I have been making stock like mad.....then turning around and giving it away!!! Ah well....that seems to be half the fun!!

THUD!!!

starlightdesigns
08-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Debby I do want to publicly tell you how wonderful your work is.
I've noticed since you had the Critique, your glass has changed and refined itself to a whole new level. You have put a lot of hard work and energy into your skills and the result is a very clean and elegant look.
High fives girl, your talent shine through.
love,
B~

Hi Beth,

Thank you so very, VERY much for your very kind words. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know! It means a lot to me that you felt enough about my work to say something so wonderful.

Your words are VERY encouraging! :wave: :clap: :D

Hugs,

Beth Myers
08-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi Beth,

Thank you so very, VERY much for your very kind words. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know! It means a lot to me that you felt enough about my work to say something so wonderful.

Your words are VERY encouraging! :wave: :clap: :D

Hugs,

Thanks Debby,
I want you to know that your hard work and efforts are not going unnoticed!
Again, I am so proud of you. Did the critique help you zero in on areas that you could work on? I'm curious if these have been a help or a waste of time.
Beth

starlightdesigns
08-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Thanks Debby,
I want you to know that your hard work and efforts are not going unnoticed!
Again, I am so proud of you. Did the critique help you zero in on areas that you could work on? I'm curious if these have been a help or a waste of time.
Beth

Oh, most definitely a help. The key points being to slow down (melt down dots and details more slowly) and to use the pinpoint flame of my Lynx to target areas to work in.

I've still got a long way to go, but I am doing much better thanks to the critique. It was well worth the effort! :clap: :clap: :clap:

MaureenKennedy
08-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Here's the latest set of beads I have made - I wasn't copying anyone on Ebay, really! I had started this set some time ago and just got around to finishing it. Now I am off to see the other lovlies in this thread - I posted before looking because it takes so long to download all the pictures for me.

Thanksgiving Harvest beads

Katiefl
08-24-2004, 09:49 PM
THUD!!!

I guess that says it all!
Sooo many pretties today!!

I have just a couple today... The first a little dichroic fishy that I was quite pleased with. The second a small set I threw on the bay tonight.

Patricia'sglass
08-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Love the fishie! Gonna put it on eBay? It's just gorgeous.