PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Dee_artist!

djstar
08-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Both Jackie Simmonds and I became immortal because of you!
I just got a preview of the October Pastel Journal and wanted to at least let you sneek a peek and tell Mrs. Secor how truly greatful I am that she allowed me to participate.
It gives me goose bumps to be in print.

I made ratty little scans for the family and if you click this link (http://photobucket.com/albums/v19/djstar/Pastel%20Journal/?action=view&slideshow=true) you can get a fast preview of my part.
if you need a password, type artwork.

Seems like Deborah will run into Jackie sooner than the mail may make it and will show her in person.
Truly grateful!
dj* :wave:

CarlyHardy
08-23-2004, 11:11 PM
DJ....congratulations! Will look forward to seeing the newest issue. :clap: :clap:

carly

Khadres
08-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Woohoo! Way coooool! Great looking article...now if the mailman will just deliver my copy! This is too cool! Congratulations, you!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

binkie
08-24-2004, 12:44 AM
FABULOUS! I took the time to read the entire article. GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!!! DJ, that is so exciting!!!!!

gwen

djstar
08-24-2004, 12:01 PM
I am an idiot!
I just connected Heather Laws to lawsportraits in WC. I knew the photos were familiar! We owe Deborah a couple of celebratory toasts!
Congrats all.
dj*

bnoonan
08-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! Congratulations!!! It's tremendous to have members of our fold so highly regarded and acknowledged. I'm so glad you'll be featured and I'll be sure to pick up a copy. Oh - will you be signing copies for us so we have them in our colletions? (of course Deborah and Maggie and Kitty - guess that means we'll have to have all of you sign them too)

Way Cool - as my friend's son said... "Hey mom - this is almost as cool as getting into the skateboarding magazine!"

Barb :clap: :clap: :clap:

K Taylor-Green
08-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Wow! How great is that!!! Congrats dj and Heather!

artist_pw
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Yea! Way to go! :)

Kathryn Wilson
08-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Congratulations to you DJ and Jackie! Deborah has been a busy lady - she is all through this issue, with 2 interviews +++. Got my issue yesterday and it all looks fantastic.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

emmachester
08-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Congratulations, DJ! I've only seen a handful of your pieces since I joined WC a month ago, but there is no doubt that you deserve the recognition.

Sherry

judwal
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Excellent! :clap:

Deborah Secor
08-24-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm so glad to have been able to do this! I was so pleased to see that feature article on Jackie and the one showing DJ and Heather's paintings lined up together! Where would I be without all the great artists I get to interview? Let's see, I get to call artists, talk about their art and write about it! this comes right after artist and art instructor as my dream job!

I spent the WHOLE day today with Jackie. I drove up to Santa Fe and took her and her friend Estelle up to Taos for the day, so I got to be with her when she first saw the magazine. What fun! I'm afraid she had the camera, so we'll have to wait to see photos until she gets home... and I'm bushed after 6+ hours of driving! So it was a treat to come to the forum and find this. Thanks DJ...glad you like it!

Deborah

Khadres
08-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, report about the trip to Taos in the "Live from Santa Fe" thread! Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Can't wait to get there and hope I get to see Jackie!

Great articles!

Leenashorses
08-25-2004, 04:19 AM
Congratulations - well deserved!!

Leena :clap:

lawsportraits
08-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Hey there!!!!!!!

Cheers Deborah!!!!

Thanks a heap from me too!! :D For some reason I'm unable to view your link DJ :( I'm away from home right now and this computer i'm on won't let me link to anything........not sure why?? :( Anyway, i'd love to see it. I had forgotten all about the article, life has been so busy. I feel honoured to be in your company DJ, and Jackie Simmonds for that matter.

Thank you so much again Deborah (aka Dee-artist) I'll have to order a ton of copies. :D ;)

Hope to see the article soon

Heather

Tom Christopher
08-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Congratulations dj. Your work truely deserves this attention. I look forward to reading the article when my copy arrives. Thank You Tom

lawsportraits
08-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Do you have a subscription to the magazine DJ?? Have they sent you a copy already? I suppose I'll need to purchase a subscription to get a copy.

Thanks!

Heather

ayeceaeph
08-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey congrats DJ!!

I didn't read the article...because I haven't gotten my issue yet. When I get my issues of Pastel Journal...its like a box of truffles. I wait until the kids are in bed...run a bath, sit back and absorb every inch of the magazine. I won't even peak at the pictures inside..and believe me...its HARD!

This time is going to be EXTRA special...can't wait!!!!

ayeceaeph
08-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Heather...Indigo and Chapters sell Pastel Journal :) .

Deborah Secor
08-26-2004, 01:43 AM
Heather, I hope they'll send you a complimentary copy! Maybe it's been delayed a bit. If not, let me know... I'll see if I can put a bug in an ear!

Deborah

lawsportraits
08-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks ayeceaeph I'll check out Indigo!

Hi Dee-artist, perhaps they'll send a copy when they return my slides and disk. I hadn't heard anything from you so I had thought it was not going to be printed in the next issue. This is all a pleasant surprise.

I can't wait to see it!!!

Thanks again. Bye for now :wave:

Heather

splashdog
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Congratulations DJ :clap:
I'd love to see the article but it asked me for a password..
Is there another link?