PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Changing

Tom Christopher
08-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Hello artists,
I know its another river painting.. but I couldn't resist this scene. I photographed it on the way to work this Am and painted it tonight. I'll move on to other subjects ..I just don't know when. Autum is just around the bend. Thank You for commenting Tom

Dyin
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
nothing wrong with doing more rivers..whatever floats your boat! :wink2: I think this is lovely and I like how much more expressive your landscapes are becoming colorwise...quite lovely!

CarlyHardy
08-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Isn't it wonderful how, as painters, we begin to notice the subtle changes of color before others do. I told my husband last week that the colors were changing and he said....'it's too early'....but this weekend I pointed out the changes in the dogwoods in our back yard and he had to admit that the colors were changing!!

I agree with Sue, I'm seeing more color in your greens lately....lots of nice subtle changes. I'd like to see a bit of water movement in the river on this one, but I've seen water just that still too :)
carly

K Taylor-Green
08-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Another winner, Tom.

Khadres
08-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Yep! Still waters run deep, eh? This is scrumptious! You must have a really scenic commute!

khourianya
08-24-2004, 12:06 AM
So pretty! You've done a beautiful job on this! I wish I passed as lovely a scene on my way to work (usually all I see is the head of the other passengers on the sardine can we call a bus - lol)

E-J
08-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Intriguing colours, Tom - very nice. I always wish I could see your images a little larger!

Dark_Shades
08-24-2004, 03:27 PM
It really is lovely being able to see your landscape through the seasons...... this one strikes as quite a pallette change of colour too

christmascarolnz
08-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Tom what a lovely painting. You did this in an evening? What will you do with it? :clap:

So pretty! (usually all I see is the head of the other passengers on the sardine can we call a bus - lol)

Cori - I guess you could do some head studies for portraits???? I have fun comparing people's noses if I'm in town and bored.

Cheers,
Carol

Tom Christopher
08-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks all for commenting. After viewing this painting on the WC , I'm disappointed with the lighting. It just doesn't project... not enough contrasts. The painting is still hanging in the sutdio so I'll be working more on it tonight....( I may find out how many layers of pastel Wallis paper will handle ) . Also, I tried (with limited success) to loosen up a bit and use a more painterly approach... Tom

nancymae
08-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Tom, I think your color choices are absolutely stunning! I love your treatment of this scene....you made a simple landscape full of mystery and wonder! What we artists are supposed to do!! Will love to see what you have improved on it, although, if it were mine, I would leave it alone!

Nancy

DGrau
08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
A quiet scence that is full of energy with your choice of colors, WELL DONE!!
Really like those fallen trees.
david

MarciaJane
08-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Lovely colours you have used here Tom :) Nice work !!! Feeling of peace and tranquility here.

I love autumn too ..my favourite season.

http://marciar.port5.com/