PDA

View Full Version : Two Blue Houses - plein air

meowmeow
08-23-2004, 10:17 AM
I haven't had much time lately to paint but I did sit outside for an hour or so yesterday around noon time and paint the two blue houses across the street. The shrubs are really all green...boooring...so I added some color. DOn't ask what they are because I don't have a clue! Anyhow...for what it was I felt it was alright. It was a quickie, it included buildings, which I tend to avoid, and I liked the light.
Not really planning on doing much more but C&C are always welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2004/15050-P1010002.JPG

Thanks!
Sandy

SweetBabyJ
08-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Lovely light, Sandy- looks such a nice day. This may be one to do "for real" in studio taking your time; it's very appealing.

Khadres
08-23-2004, 01:50 PM
I like the dappled sunlight, the sense of shade and yet still a bright summer day. You sure get the good out of your little sessions in the midst of so much else goin' on! Pat yourself on the back!

dexonsbabe
08-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Nice one I like it very peaceful looking

judwal
08-23-2004, 02:46 PM
I really love the slope of the yard and the light on the grass and trees. Lovely..very appealing.

binkie
08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
I really like this, Sandy. It like such a lovely setting. The trees and flowers are great, along with the shadows. Looks like you live in a peaceful rural setting.

gwen

meowmeow
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone. Glad you all like it! I think it looks better in person, actually.
I did take some photos though and maybe this winter I will redo it larger with the photos and this painting as a reference.

CarlyHardy
08-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Sandy,
this is a great scene! You should paint it in several seasons....I can just see the blue houses during the fall when the tree leaves change colors :) You're doing really well with your plein air painting :clap:
carly