PDA

View Full Version : Always one eye open

windyowl
08-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Hello All, I am new to WetCanvas! but have been reading some of the forums. I have been painting since highschool but have not taken any serious steps. I just submitted for my first juried show and wanted to get some feedback on the piece. Let me know what you think all feedback is welcomed.

the Piece is a 7X9 1/2 inch Acrylic on paper

jnet11
08-23-2004, 11:48 AM
i like your forms a lot, and the color on the woman, but the background seems a bit underworked compared to her ...

good luck on your juried exhibition, and welcome to the forum!

windyowl
08-23-2004, 01:03 PM
thanks Jnet!

it's hard to see in the pic but the painting is very watery almost like a wash. good feedback on the background. i'll remember that for next time.

Tamana
08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
:wave: and welcome!! I agree about the form and color; however, it's the centeredness (even with that leg) that disturbs me, and perhaps the space over the head.

Best of on your juried show!!

themanda
08-23-2004, 06:24 PM
good luck on your show!

love the choices of color here. the face seems somehow too fine for the rest of the figure...i'd like the features to be a bit more coarse or something.

Mirek Sledz
08-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Hey! I think that background colour fit very well to this yellow woman.
Always when I have trouble connect colours then I use Delacroix theory
which liked successfully Van Gogh yellow - violet , red-green,
blue-orange :)

windyowl
08-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks Tam, it is a bit on center which I don't normally do. It just happened.

Amanda, I see what you mean about the face. it is a bit odd. course or more gestural would have been more interesting. I'll try that next time.

Mirek, never heard of Delacroix theory. color is just so important to me. I think it speaks volumes.

Thanks to all of you for the great feedback. It helps my nervousness in showing work. it's just all so intimidating but necessary in the process. Great to meet you all!

Michelle

arourapope
08-24-2004, 08:13 PM
I like that belly. Welcome to WC and good luck with the show!

blkros
08-24-2004, 08:34 PM
I love that bold line, and bold color, and I'm with Aurora on that belly. :D

arourapope
08-24-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't think we'll both fit, Keithy-dear. :wink2: <-----seriously bizzaar-o wink.

ZOTMA
08-24-2004, 11:49 PM
hee hee ^

I like the sliding-forward-itude of her
she seems unalarmed by it
as she melts in loose strokes
forshortened towards us

welcome

windyowl
08-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Thank you all!

It makes my belly warm to hear all this feedback. it's good to be here!!!