PDA

View Full Version : wear it's at aug. 23, 2004 Monday

McDuck
08-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Okay I will start this thing today. A quick drive buy as I haver way too many beads to make. I wont be around much in getting ready for the show this weekend and going on holiday the next week. We changed our plans and are no longer going to Oklahoma (sorry Misty see you next trip!). Now, we are trying to figure out where to go. LOL many choices just have to narrow it down better. I hope to make many more links and to get the link tester links out either prio to or after my return from vacation. Please bear with me!!

you all have a great day as it is sunny and in the 70's this morning! supposed to reach 80 with a chance of rain.

-Mary

LLane
08-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Hello Ms Mary and all who come in today to see "wear it's at!"

I'm working on a full day.... along with Mary, I have a show to prepare for.... luckily it is still a couple of weeks.... This weekend I have family in for a wedding that is in town.... so have preps to do for that. Great news from Mark's employer..... he will be continuing working as a remote employee after we move to Key West!!! However, it is going to involve some extensive traveling ..... so I may need to have some company :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Mary..... hope you have lots of productivity today and are able to take some time to breathe and smile!!!

To all..... have a great day and week.....
Peace,
Lois

McDuck
08-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Thank you lois!

and wink wink I love the keys!

-mary

Beads-Me!
08-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Hello all! Good morning Mary and Lois! Have a great vacation Mary... And Lois - that's great. Trust me - I have a feeling you'll be able to drum up some company... ;)

I'm back from a GORGEOUS weekend of sailing! We got incredibly lucky and had better weather than expectedall weekend long. I took tons of pictures and now my camera won't upload them! :rolleyes: So as soon as I get that figured out I'll post some for you. We had a blast!

Now to get caught up around here.... :) Have a great day!

debkauz
08-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Mornin' all,

Mary--have a great vacation wherever you go! You work so hard, that you really need to go and just have fun somewhere.

Lois--I think we can provide you with more company than you could possibly want! :wink2:

Nancy--sounds like you had a great weekend! What a nice way to spend it--in a boat sailing...I'm jealous!

I am going to try to get some jewelry made today for the order from California. We're going to the Cubs game tonight--if Wrigley is still open! I've always been a Dailey fan, but he's starting to annoy me bigtime. I think he's getting a bit senile!
Today would've been my dad's 87th birthday. Hard to believe he's been gone so long.

Have great and productive days all and hi :wave: to all who follow.

Deb

TheBlueBetween
08-23-2004, 11:44 AM
:wave: Just waving hi to all my WC friends!

Speech class, photograph my chinese aucion gift, get some stuff in the mail, maybe put some new stuff up on my site... and whatever else Luke has in store for me is my day.

Oh and I get to try out my new hair dryer today - whoo hooo! My old one caught fire when I turned it on yesterday!

Have to run, but I'm SURE I will be back later :cat:

Gingerbiscuit
08-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi Mary, Lois, Nancy, Deb and Pam, and anyone else who drops by!

Iím sorry Iíve been rather quiet recently. The humidity here due to our unseasonal summer rain has wiped me out. Heat really affects my mobility, and most days it has been an effort to stand up. Still, autumn is nearly here so I should be better soon! I love autumn, and autumn colours.

I have finished my Chinese Auction gift by the skin of my teeth. Iím really pleased with it. Iíll post it after my number has been called. Iím really looking forward to this auction, it should be a lot of fun.

I have a large shar-pei who is very scared of the thunder and heís trying to get on my knee. With the laptop there isnít enough room, Iíd better move it for him!

Iím happy to be back! :D

Barrie
08-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey!! Good morning all you WC friends fo mine!!! I've missed you all something fierce!! I'm finally home!! :clap: I had a wonderful time away, taught a spectacular class - they had my jumping through hoops too!! Talk about fast learners!! I was scrambling to keep up with them! LOL! I'll post some pics in show & tell later. Mary, too bad about Oklahoma, you could come here for a holiday! We have nice weather, green everywhere, lots to see & do, and I'd even let you go out once in a while and wouldn't hoard you all to myself! :evil: Of course, the distance might be a slight detraction, but hey, you could see most of the States while you dorve here! :wink2: Lois, be careful what you wish for! I've said many times that if I ever, ever, ever got the chance, I'd be in Key West so fast it would make heads spin!! LOVED it when we were there a few years ago! Pam, burning blow dryers are not a good thing!! Hope you didn't get hurt, and didn't lose any hair!!! Good thing you got a new one, that's for sure!! Deb, hope you get to go to your Cubs game tonight. Funny how certain days remind us of loved ones we miss - time doesn't take that away, but allows us to smile a little easier. Nancy, can't wait to see the sailing pics! Glad the weather cooperated for you! Lynne, give your puppy a hug for me! My german shepherd missed me like crazy while I was gone, good thing we didn't have any thunder while I was away, not so sure my dh wanted to share a bed with the big oaf!! Glad you're feeling a bit better. A big :wave: to everyone else who follows!

Today is a swamped day for me, I have a million things to dig my way out from under! Mail, email, phone calls, blech!! And my girlfriend's house where I stayed was so neat and tidy and organized, I'm looking around here thinking I should just pretend I'm away for one more day and spend the day cleaning!! (yeah, right, like that's going to happen any time soon! :evil: ). Have a wonderful creative day everyone! I'm glad to be back, and will be poking my head in here off and on all day!!!

Gingerbiscuit
08-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Funny how certain days remind us of loved ones we miss - time doesn't take that away, but allows us to smile a little easier.

This is such a nice thing to say. And so very true. Thank you.

Lynne x

Beads-Me!
08-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi again! Good to see you Lynne - I hope your weather improves soon. Waving at Pam! :wave: Just wanted to share a couple of the pictures I took this weekend...

Brenna watching the sunset Friday night...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2004/14950-1111111111FirstSunset.jpg

Dave and Brenna riding the waves yesterday - they were a blast!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2004/14950-1111111111RidingTheWaves.jpg

And the crew (minus Brenna and the photographer ;) ) in action
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2004/14950-1111111111SailingCrewatWork.jpg

Gingerbiscuit
08-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi again! Good to see you Lynne - I hope your weather improves soon.

Thanks Nancy! Awesome photos! Do you live close by the water? That sunset is spectacular! :)

LLane
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Nancy...... great pics!!! Sunsets on Lake Michigan rival the ones in KW!!! I have a friend in Boston who didn't understand how big the "great" lakes were.... she was amazed when I had to explain....... "no ... you can't see to the other side!"

Thanks for sharing..... Brenna is going to be a real fishy/boaty nut isn't she!! She looks so cute!

Peace,
Lois

Beads-Me!
08-23-2004, 01:31 PM
First off - Hi Barrie - you slid in while I was uploading the pictures! I'm glad you're back! Second - Lynne - we live about 30 minutes from Lake Michigan which is where we were sailing... And yes Lois - Beeboo is definitely becoming our little mini captain! She was learning navigation from Dave and she even takes her turn sailing the boat! She's been bringing our boat out of the marina this summer.. which cracks up the folks that watch her!

Here's a couple more....

Brenna at the wheel....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2004/14950-1111111111BrennaAtTheWheel.jpg

And the one and only picture of me this weekend! We sailed into the channel where I grew up. I've been to that beach a million times but this was the the first time coming in on a boat (actually this was on our way back out). Pretty fun!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2004/14950-1111111111IWasOnTheBoat.jpg

Bangs
08-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Makes me happy just to see all that water and sunshine, Nancy.

Hi to all, and Barrie, welcome home.

I was off early (for me, :wink2: ) to yoga class this morning, then by the shop that carries my "stuff" to deliver a special order of 2 bangles and matching earrings with pink swirly dichro furnace glass beads--very feminine!

Now I am home laughing at all the junk mail my tiny new business accumulated today......if they only knew!

Hope you all have a great day.

DonnaBee
08-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi!!!!!!!!

I am here, I am reading and looking!

But I want to stay signed out of WC for the most part for awhile.

This is *nothing* to do with the bead/jewelry world, it's a problem with my sister's new roomate (here in the town where I live.)

I have never met this woman, but she is literally stalking me online. I have no more email address, and will not for some time. Also, I am mostly staying off the computor for now, as it has become a source of anxiety to me and not joy.

Our internet provider knows what is going on, and they have started their own investigation over what this woman did. Basically, this woman - who I have never met - has decided that my sister is a saint and that I am evil.

I hate to write such a bummer of a post! But I will tell you all, I *am* protected in every way I can be, and all will be fine. There haven't been overt threats to cause me bodily harm or anything, (I am stopping it before it gets to that point by ending all contact with her and my sister. Yes it is sad.)

But, I feel a great need to be scarce online for awhile! Thanks for reading! Anyone who feels inclined, send up a prayer, a good thought, white light, whatever it is that works for you, send a good thought for my and Brian and boys protection!

Thanks everyone! I do realize that most of my posts, for quite some time now, have been mostly self-involved and I haven't been interacting much with others. It's not the way I prefer things! I miss you all, and I miss having enough energy to respond to other's posts and other's lives.

So, I have to sign off WC now, but I *am* here reading and looking! I go on the internet through my DH's account and visit the places I like to read on the internet. :D

:wave:

Gingerbiscuit
08-23-2004, 04:53 PM
So, I have to sign off WC now, but I *am* here reading and looking! I go on the internet through my DH's account and visit the places I like to read on the internet. :D

:wave:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are in my thoughts. Hurry back! :)

Andee
08-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Just a quick hi from me - I'm really Grumpy Old Andee atm and not much in a chatty mood, soz.

Donna - your message gives me the creeps! I really really hope you'll be fine!!

Nancy - great pics, thanks for sharing them!

You all - have a nice rest-of-the-day!

McDuck
08-23-2004, 07:40 PM
BARRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :clap: yeah you are back. Hope you had a great time and safe trip! sure sounds that way.

Nancy, oh how wonderful it must have been on the boat. you all look as though you could mve onto it, minus the torch :eek:

Donna, i am just amazed someone would go to such illegal lengths to hurt you. I hope they catch her and that you are al safe and sound. big hugles and praryers for you all.

As for me, back to the beads!
Mary