PDA

View Full Version : Sunday batch annealing - showing "stuff" to you all

richsantaclaus
08-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone, I pulled out the following beads from the kiln - wanna see?
Several types/techniques are here.
Watta-do you think? (4 1/2 months now - am I STILL a newby?...lol)
Rich *<[]:-})>>>>>>>

richsantaclaus
08-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Here is part 2 of tonights show.....

My wife took a few of my beads and used silver wire techniques to "wrap" them for jewerly... I am SO proud that she likes some of my beads!!!!!

richsantaclaus
08-23-2004, 01:46 AM
And finally, here is the last picture. My wife took a set that had a focal bead and a few smaller "filler" beads and made a bracelet, using silver wire, out of my beads - wow, I am SO delighted!!!!! I am going to pull a surprise dinner for her I am SO happy! I did wonder what all the hammering noise was out in the workroom...lol.

Steph'sBeadCorner
08-23-2004, 03:16 AM
Wow Rich, look at all the techniques you're mastering, that is really wonderful. I love your sense of color..and totally jealous that your wife can take her talent and put the icing on the cake.. they look sensational.

I really love the wire wrap she did on the jade or green color bead.

Great job!! I haven't even attempted a frog yet.. You should be very proud!!

Steph

CharleneN
08-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow..Rich you're really doing GREAT!! I am so happy for you :clap: :clap: :clap:

richsantaclaus
08-24-2004, 12:50 AM
Thank you both - I am like a sponge here at wetcanvas - soaking up and trying EVERYTHING you all show me in the pictures.

Rich *< []:-})>>>>>>>

!Karen
08-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Rich, that's great, you two make a wonderful team!!

Good work, both of you!

:)Karen

Glitzy Glass
08-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Rich - you are a bead machine! Only 4 1/2 months of doing beads and you are completing sets and your wife is making jewelry! How neat is that! Lets see I think the only thing I accomplished in the first four months was a bunch of very strange beads and alot of burned fingers - oh and the loss of one eye brow...

I can't wait to see what you will be doing in 8 months because you are certainly mastering the art - and I love the fact that you and your wife are sharing the whole experience - that is so touching.

GinnyHampton
08-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Great stuff again Rich :clap: I'm impressed to see a froggie in there after only 4.5 months!! It took me a really long time to venture out of "round" :p

And I agree with the others who said how nice it is to see that you two are sharing this together. A surprise dinner . .. .. . <heavy sigh>!!

littlecrow1
08-26-2004, 11:55 AM
:clap: Fantastic work for only 4 1/2 months on a torch! :eek: How wonderful that your wife likes to work along with you...:)..I love it when my husband gets involved in my work. :) as long as he doesnt touch my glass :evil: MINE MINE MINE...rofl;)

richsantaclaus
08-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Thank you all for your kind words.