PDA

View Full Version : Bowleaze Cove, Dorset, England

MarciaJane
08-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Well.... this is my latest commission done for a work colleague.

Size 14"x 10" done on Art Spectrum Colourfix Paper. I think the tint was Blue Haze. I used mainly Unison pastels on this one.

Thanks for looking !

Dyin
08-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Marcia, this seems so different for you...more of an illustrative quality...was this per customer request? it's very lovely and shows distance perfectly, it's just different. I think you really got the effect of very soft waves rolling in and am sure your colleague will love it.

MarciaJane
08-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Dyin.... yes this does seem softer in a way from what i usually do. The customer requested this from a photo, and I never like to change things too much from what they ask me to do, so I have tried to stick to what they want, so I hope they like it !

Thanks for your thoughts and comments on this one. :)

dexonsbabe
08-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Very nice reminds me of a place in Devon

mairrca
08-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Love the softness Marcia. Another beautiful seascape. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Khadres
08-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey, it looks great to me! I'd like to stroll along that beach for sure! Nice work!

MarciaJane
08-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Thanks alot Dexon... yes its very much like Devon.

Mair. .....thanks alot... and thanks for your support and encouragement ! :)

Thanks also Khadres !

ligerwolve
08-23-2004, 04:51 AM
Hey still love this picture and my fiance loves it too. :cat: We were just wondering if you took any particular courses or maybe have an artist thats a major inspiration for you? :clap:

MarciaJane
08-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks to you and your fiance ligerwolve :)

The only art I have learned was at evening classes with the same tutor for 10 years. I did oils for 7 years and then went onto pastels developing my own kind of style.

As for artists and inspiration.. I don't have any that I can say I take after, although there are many artists on this site here who use diferrent mediums and whose work I admire very much.

Thanks again !