PDA

View Full Version : Lassie! Not really, but at least a Collie.

djstar
08-22-2004, 02:05 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Aug-2004/1730-collie.jpg

10x8. I really hit the internet all evening and got it off a rescue site... in Texas I believe.

I love using rescue dog shots. They are all possible poster children if I get any charity work and a great way to learn a lot about the changes and specifics in breeds.
dj*

khourianya
08-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Bravo! another of your fabulous ones! I love the way you did his fur - he looks beautiful!

bnoonan
08-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Another winner Debra. I guess my favorite is the strokes on this nose - just so defining and yet loose at the same time.

Well done!!! barb

lawsportraits
08-22-2004, 03:05 PM
OoooAhhhh! I really like this one DJ!!!! That eye just tells all, what a soft, gentel spirit this one has.

Heather :clap: :wave: :D

MarciaJane
08-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Ohhhhh.. this is lovely !! :)

You have the hair just great. !!

I have 2 cats to do and am dreading it !...I may be asking you for advice LOL !

Well done !

:clap: :clap: :clap:

dexonsbabe
08-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Very nice I love the colours in it and the fur is great :clap:

Khadres
08-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Awww, you even caught the little, tender pink spot on his nose! Collies are so prone to sunburn on their noses, too. This is wonderful, like all your many critters! Have you thought of submitting an article and pictures to Bark magazine? Bet your ptgs would be an immediate hit and generate a ton of commissions! You could even focus the article on immortalizing the poor doggies people have had to give up!

binkie
08-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Debra, it's wonderful! It's such a great pose and you've rendered it so very very well. I like the lavenders, and pinks and blues you used on the nose.

gwen

djstar
08-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks all...
Khadres, there is some sort of amazing deja vu going on, unless I am having user names amnesia again, but within two hours of each other, you and another poster on another forum both suggested that publication!

I used to fancy myself a writer until I got into posting. Too many words and keys on the keyboard to trust myself, but I am thinking SERIOUSLY about it. I got a lot of my pictures on digital, but try to snap them before they sell so I have slides... just in case.

I want to duplicate a few of the dog bar and describe the gang and a few of my pictures...
I am still waiting to see myself in print but it IS coming soon!!!
dj*

prestonsega
08-23-2004, 02:31 AM
The hatching marks to the lower left of the picture plane are confusing...is that body fur or background treatment? :confused: the same for the white hatching to the upper right of the picture plane. It is hard to tell where animal ends and negative space begins.

Now having said that, let me say, :clap: . the eyes tell the story, ...Nice!