PDA

View Full Version : Fruit loops

bnoonan
08-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Well I have to say... I don't lack interesting requests when it comes to commissions. One of my better customers asked me to paint him using the colors on the cereal Fruit Loops box. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Barb (oh the colors are much more vivid in person)

khourianya
08-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Wow! This is really cool.

I just read an article on working with a limited palette and the creativity can inspire. May I say that you are a testament to that article! :cat:

Dyin
08-22-2004, 01:52 PM
lol...having talked about this I expected the colors but not the crazy grin which I love...so much more fun than the serious pose you did last time...he's sure to love this one!

judwal
08-22-2004, 01:57 PM
LOl...too funny! It really looks great though. Who would have guessed!

bnoonan
08-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone - Oh but nothing limited in this palette. I've pulled out every possible color in the box and combined them in lots of places.

As for exact fruit loops colors... we'll see - I think this is more what he was looking for but who knows.

Barb

K Taylor-Green
08-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm with Sue. Love the crazy grin, and the color palette!!!!

dexonsbabe
08-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Very different and that grin just jumps out at you lol

Khadres
08-22-2004, 06:41 PM
He looks like a hoot! I'm wondering if the on-screen version I'm getting just doesn't show the deep strawberry and green and purples of that awful stuff? Guess it's at least not as difficult to incorporate as Lucky Charm woulda been! Good work! But then you always DO good work anyway.

binkie
08-22-2004, 06:45 PM
All the colors are marvelous, Barb! I really, really like the way you use color.

gwen

prestonsega
08-23-2004, 02:50 AM
When I read the name of the thread I thought it was referring to your subject's nick name.....the smile made it seem even more like the truth,,,you can imagine my disapointment when I read the reason for naming the thread fruitloops....Great fun!!!!

Kathryn Wilson
08-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Gosh, Barb, I was expecting a bowl, milk and some loops! This was a surprise and it was quite a request, wasn't it - :eek:

Your usual brilliant job! He must be quite a character, but looks like fun too. :D

Paula Ford
08-23-2004, 06:24 AM
It certainly brought a HUGE smile to my face!! He's wonderful and full of personality. The colors really work!!

Paula

meowmeow
08-23-2004, 10:03 AM
He looks so happy and it looks like you are having fun doing this. I would not have guessed this to be only fruit loop colors but it is colorful. Of course I have seen many colorful figures of yours Barb. This works well.

Sandy

bnoonan
08-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks very much. I've placed a call to him and asked if I can swing by and show him the finished work for his approval. I'll keep you posted.

I have to say he's an art teacher of children and a supporter of the arts - he has quite a collection of starting artists work as well as many notable ones. I feel honored when working for him.... and YES he is lots of fun!

Barb

SweetBabyJ
08-23-2004, 02:21 PM
It's a great piece, Barb, imaginative and strong colour with no hesitation or wimping out- you should be pleased.

soap
08-24-2004, 05:47 AM
LOL.......it's a funny piece! What a great grin/smile and such mad colours. Great stuff!

christmascarolnz
08-24-2004, 05:52 AM
What a fun painting all right! Looks like the guy suited the title. :D
Those are the kind of folk I enjoy - he definately looks as though he is in love with life.
Carol

bnoonan
08-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks again. I still haven't had a chance to drop it off yet. I have to say it's fun to have sitting on the easel - it makes me smile.

Barb

chewie
08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
i too expected to see the bowl version! hahah! but this is great, this guy must be a real corker! and you did wonderful, very nicely done artsy-wise, then add the fun of the colors and his personality, wow! thanks for sharing!