PDA

View Full Version : rainbow/clouds

Marge Cline
08-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi. This is my first posting for some feedback. This picture started out as an excercise in painting clouds, but then I smeared it badly when blending some of the clouds. Oh well, now they looked like storm clouds, so lets put a rainbow in there. When I placed a mat over the picture, I discovered the painting was too short for the mat so I had to add some more rocks at the bottom. Well, after one thing leading to another, I wound up with this. I'm anxious to hear comments and suggestions. Marge Cline

SweetBabyJ
08-22-2004, 12:57 PM
What paper are you using? On most, if you make a mistake like smearing it, you can take a decent brush and brush off the offensive area, and then re-apply your pigment. With Wallis, you can get really strict, and take the whole thng outside for a cold shower from the garden hose and teach the darned thing just who is boss around here!

errrrr- ooops- sorry- sometimes I get a bit shirty if a piece isn't going right.

Anyway, can see you tried to rescue the piece- you've some good catches going in there. I'm by no means the person to see about landscapes (the bane of my existence, she said sadly) but if it were mine, I'd set it aside and move on to something else- cause I know if I fiddled anymore, I'd just ruin it totally.

PS: Kitty Wallis (inventor of Wallis paper) is a member of this forum and will send you a sample of her paper if you pm here. It's good stuff- trust me on this.

K Taylor-Green
08-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Aw well, every piece is a learning experience! I like the clouds, but I probably wouldn't have added the rainbow. That is just a personal preferance. I love the look of a stormy sky.