PDA

View Full Version : Wear Its At - Aug. 21, 2004

beclectic
08-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Yes it really is Saturday here. It is 1:26 AM EDT so I'm not cheating. :D

I'm about to go to bed but I did want to brag that I have finished the piece for the Glass - Chinese Auction Part 2. It came our great. Just like I pictured it in my head only better. I wish I could show it in Show & Tell but I can't show it until my number gets picked. Now I just have to finish my ladybug necklace this weekend and I'll be caught up with my project obligations mostly. I still need to photograph my Chinese Auction piece but I should be able to do that first thing tomorrow morning. What a relief to get that piece finished on time. I love doing these projects and things. They always make me stretch my skills and ideas but sometimes the stress of getting them finished on time is difficult to deal with.

MadameKali
08-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Chinese auction piece--sounds exciting!! I can't wait to see it.

Whoa, when the heck did we get new smileys?? this guy is frightening. :envy:

But this one is cute. :wave:

I just got back from White Castle, which is the lowest of low fast food--which I rarely eat, anyway--and oh, my tummy. *Sick* But it was great going down, lol. I think tonight I will pop in a movie and make some jewelry with.. BUTTONS! I bought SO MANY buttons at Wally World yesterday, and I LOVE them. (I don't think I already posted that, but if I did.. blame the food coma.) I might finish up some maille too, I dunno. I figured out I was doing the elfweave unnecessarily slow. I also discovered recently I have been taking the long way to work. What does this say about me????

I have to work a looong shift today (Saturday). Everyone else have a fine day, and go get a caramel macchiato recommended by your favorite barista ;)

Nolly
08-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Good morning, everyone!

A caramel machiado sounds dee-vine ... but the hot cup of regular just delivered by DH isn't a bad substitute.

Gotta fly ...

Nolly

sassybird
08-21-2004, 07:50 AM
I want a nice Irish Cream expresso. Yeah right, just what I need since I have been up all night........lol

Spent some time out at the fire pit with dh tonight/morning. He finally gave up and went to bed. I'm still wide awake. Nothing much to do for me at the moment. I am stuck until I get some spacer beads and accent beads for all the lovely focals I have now. I'm not up to doing anything else at the moment either. Still in my dry spell, but that doesn't stop me from compiling my wish list........lol

It is hard to believe that the kids will be back in school in another week, and soon after fall will be here. I am so darn excited:D I love fall and winter. I get so much done during those months. Summer drains my energy. I love to curl up on the couch with some project in my lap and listen to the tv with dh next to me.

Well, that is all that is up with me. In the zone between waiting and wanting:D

McDuck
08-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Howdy :wave: !!! I am up, and rady for the last day of the garage sale. Which could have been better if they werent tearing up the opposite side of the street since thursday, yeah the day the garage sale opened :mad: so I have to go down to city hall and lodge a complaint to get my garage sale permit fees back as the street was closed all day yesterday! Just my luck but made some more cute jewelry, go take a peak, even got some of it up on my site! woohoo! thakn you Daphne!

yesterday we finished our neighbors backyard, then rested the rest of the night watching Stargate/stargate Atlantis. I enjoy those shows and I watch VERY little TV. I have so many links and beads to make for the show next weekend that I have to get a move on tonight and tomorrow when I have time then boom the rest of the week.

Barbara - cant wait to see your bead and your lady bug item.

Susie- Sliders? oh no wonder your tum-tum hurts!

Hi Nolly! :clap:

Charissa hun, you poor thing, try to get some sleep and I will send you some copper with your first shipment of beads. otay? *huggles*

Eveyrone have a great weekend!
Mary

beclectic
08-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi again Susie, Nolly, Charissa and Mary,

Susie - Sorry your tummy hurts, hopefully it is better by now. My friend Jonathan loves White Castle but nobody else around here will eat them, or even go near them so he is usually White Castle deprived.

Buttons sound fun, I have considered using buttons but I never seem to get around to it. When I was a kid you could get all kinds of wonderful old buttons, no one wanted them they were just sitting around in jars. Everyone had a button jar, I even have one myself but the buttons in it are nothing compared to the one's my mother and grandmother had.

Nolly - Sounds like a pretty good cup of coffee to me. :D

Charissa - Being in an uninspired state has never stopped me from acqiring beads or making components. Have you thought about making some wire connectors to go with your focals. WigJig has tons of patterns for links that might just inspire you.

Mary - I didn't say it was a bead and it probably isn't a bead because I still haven't gotten my bead making studio set-up. Must be something else, but what?

Hope your garage sale goes better today. What a bummer, all that work and the city decides to tear up the street. The street crews don't usually work on Saturday and Sunday so things should go better today.

Pam I just had an idea about your pictures. If you tried Barrie's suggestions and you still aren't satisfied with your pictures maybe you could post a question in the appropriate photography forum. I looked in the photography and maybe your question should go in the Darkroom since it is a technical question. I didn't search the forum for anything about glass but maybe there is already something. I've been thinking about your lack of pizzazz in those photos using your new light box and I think maybe your color depth is getting washed out. You've probably already thought of that. Let us know how it is going with your photos.

Since I am talking about searching forums, it sure would be nice if the search could be limited to just one forum.

Hi to all who follow.

Have a fun and productive day.

LLane
08-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Morning all,
Ohhhh Suzie.... sliders...... just the thought... I can't believe all those I put down in my "mis-spent youth." (but just to make sure you all know.... I really had fun... mis-spending my youth!)

Mary....... today I'm heading out to the garage to clean up my garage sale from several weeks ago!!! Something tells me ... this would never happen to you..... but I've just been on the go ever since!!

Sassy.... might be able to help you with some spacers.... we should talk! :D
Let's get that creativity flowing!

Barb..... be sure and post that piece in S&T here when you can as I have a hard time keeping up with that thread! :D

Nolly..... I kid you not.... just before I read your post hubby showed up with coffee pot in hand and poured me a fresh one!!! Sighhhhhh Life is good! :D

To all..... enjoy the day and weekend...

Peace,
Lois

TheBlueBetween
08-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Pam I just had an idea about your pictures. If you tried Barrie's suggestions and you still aren't satisfied with your pictures maybe you could post a question in the appropriate photography forum. I looked in the photography and maybe your question should go in the Darkroom since it is a technical question. I didn't search the forum for anything about glass but maybe there is already something. I've been thinking about your lack of pizzazz in those photos using your new light box and I think maybe your color depth is getting washed out. You've probably already thought of that. Let us know how it is going with your photos.

Oh darn - I think I missed her suggestions! I will have to go back and see if I can find it. I have not tried my idea of the black or grey backgrounds yet - I am hoping that will work...

Today I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to make for the chinese auction and then make it and photograph it. I am just completely drawing a blank. Completely.

That's probly because I'm so darn tired. This past two weeks has just been too much. I am not going to have another dinner guest for a month if I can possibly help it.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday (or Sunday for those of you on the other side of the world) :)

Pam (who desperately needs a carmel machiato or whatever it is - i had 3 starbucks yesterday and it did not even give me the slightest boost)

TheBlueBetween
08-21-2004, 11:38 AM
I found it - thanks Barbara for mentioning it... worth a try!

I have to tell you all too that this is my THIRD try at a light box. The first one was the lampshade idea - you know where you stick your lense through the hole of the lampshade. Not good for photographing jewelry on a neck like I like mine to be. And the pictures were not great anyway.

Then I tried a tupperware box thing too... and forget why I didn't like it.

I guess I can try the colored backgrounds next and if that doesn't work I will have to go spend the $ for the pvc tubing (or some such) and a white sheet and try again that way minus the tupperware.

I'm almost tempted to just go to the photography store and buy a little professional light box. Then at least I can bring it back if the pictures still suck.

On the other hand, things don't look so bad under my flourecent lights in the kitchen, maybe i should just keep doing things that way.

DonnaBee
08-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi!

This is a quick note to tell everyone I am alright, but I have some computor problems that may cause me to be scarce for a little while.

Some things happened that freaked me out. One of my sister's internet friends hacked into my mom's email or her computor or something, and retrieved from my mom's hotmail account, and sent to my sister, private emails I had sent to my mom over the last year.

They are playing immature little baby-games, my sister and/or these people, if you know what I mean!

It is also a little scary to me, I don't know who these people are, or why they should even care so much... (My sis and I unfortunately have not been on very good terms for over a year, and it's very very sad actually.)

It's a long story, as you might imagine.... but I have deleted my old email so that hopefully the harrassment to me will stop. (They sent me emails through my mom's account, because my sister does not know my email.) My poor mom, she doesn't need this.

Anyway, I have to make sense of all this. When I come back I will have a new email address. I changed my WC password just to be safe. These people my sis communicates with on the web are scaring me a little. (It's not anyone bead or jewelry related. She mostly hangs out on the net with Backstreet Boys fans.)

I will probably have to change my phone number, and if necesarry, I will go to the police, of course.

I will be okay, I will be back! :wink2:

(The most important thing is that these people will get zero response from me. Because that's no fun, right? ;) )

I will miss you guys if I do stay off the net for a short period, but I will figure it all out soon. I just feel vulnerable even being signed on. I truly wasn't aware what hackers could really do!

Love and hugs, I am taking my boys bowling with their friends tonight. Everyone have good weekends!!!! Mine is good, but this is such a huge annoyance.... and creepy. :(

TheBlueBetween
08-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Donna I'm so sorry you are going through this - it's one of those nightmare things you only hear about other people going through, isn't it? Yes get the police involved and protect yourself and your family.

Here are some good links to locking down your pc - hope they help you and your mom:

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/lockdownyourpc/

On a brighter note, I am almost done with my chinese auction gift (!) just need to put the clasp on. Which in reality doesn't have to be done by monday - just by the time it's time to mail it out! But I will do it sooner of course - just need to get to the LBS and buy it.