PDA

View Full Version : no name yet...

chewie
08-21-2004, 12:24 AM
now that the website issue is 'behind' me (teehee, :p just had to get a bit of fun in there, right?!) i finished a this painting. (or did i?) 12x24 on cream art spectrum paper, all the softies. i am wondering, do i need a siloutte of a farm or leaning trees or something on the right? planned that originally, but now kinda like it as-is. c & c please! thanks all.

khourianya
08-21-2004, 12:46 AM
The sky is amazing. Good job!

It could be just me, but the piece feels unfinished the way it is...the addition of even a single building (silhouette) would give it a much more finished feeling.

Deborah Secor
08-21-2004, 01:03 AM
Hmmm, well, for me the subject is the CLOUD, no doubt (whoa! what a wonderful, brilliant cloud!!!) so why add more to it that might take your eye away? If you feel it needs a bit more anchor in the ground plane, you could enhance that elegant edge of the mountains with a bit more complication, so that it's interesting but not as distracting as trees or farm.

Just my opinion... It's a great painting!

Deborah

K Taylor-Green
08-21-2004, 01:58 AM
I love sky paintings. I don't think this needs anything else. It's beautiful, Chewie.

prestonsega
08-21-2004, 02:28 AM
I have to agree with the others...we humans love to look at clouds in part because we all have equal ownership in them. Attaching it to a man made structure might take away that "God's gift to me" feel. Then again, the old farm house has a nostagic appeal to a lot of folks. Be sure to keep us abreast (har, har ) on your decision...lol (gotcha :evil: )

Dark_Shades
08-21-2004, 05:43 AM
its a beauty for sure, love it...... I dont think it would detract from it at all with a silhouette of a building..... a small one..... sort of there not there.... would add an element of surprise to find it :) would give even more sense of expanse and awe and wonder

great job chewie

Kathryn Wilson
08-21-2004, 08:53 AM
now that the website issue is 'behind' me (teehee, :p just had to get a bit of fun in there, right?!) i finished a this painting. (or did i?) 12x24 on cream art spectrum paper, all the softies. i am wondering, do i need a siloutte of a farm or leaning trees or something on the right? planned that originally, but now kinda like it as-is. c & c please! thanks all.

I think you could go either way with this Chewie - I like it just fine like it is - but if you think it needs a building, I would make it very small so that it enhances the sense of space like Dawn suggests.

One nitpik - the middle cloud seems to be tipping forward - you can easily correct by making the back part of the cloud bottom more horizontal, matching the bottom of the front.

chewie
08-21-2004, 10:30 AM
thanks all, i think for now, i'm gonna let it simmer on the wall, somehow a bit of time makes these decisions so easy for me. i agree with the old farmhouse feeling, tho....and i will be leveling that middle cloud, it also kinda stood out for me, and i wasn't sure how someone else would 'read' it, thanks!

and preston, ok, you got me, hahahahah!!! good one! lol!

Pinecone Conniff
08-21-2004, 05:36 PM
I positively love cloud studies!!...this painting is really great!! The addition of a farm house will be a bit tricky ...I'd love to see what you decide to do.
Annette

dexonsbabe
08-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Love those clouds but I for one think a tree or farm building is needed.........but think thats a thing for personal taste wont make or break the painting if you get my drift. :D