PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Aug. 21, 2004

McDuck
08-20-2004, 11:21 PM
hello Everyone! Not too sure I will be able to get here tomorrow, so i thought what the hay, it's tomorrow somewhere around the world :wink2:

First is a copper bracelet, czech glass, swarovski crystals and skipping stone beads in Rootbeer Float! Oh yeah I forgot the pair of earrings. I made the copper ear wires. Might have to make more of them they are darn cute! Stillneed to spray it all to preserve the very shiney appearance.

Next and PLEASE, anyone who can fix the color! I tried to no avail and then gave up :( A seed bead spiral with one of my small ceramic flowers and a hand made/stamped dangle for the clasp. I am slowly getting better at this. Started a real perty green one too that I will use a heart of the Garden Button in blue as the clasp and that will be all. Hope to show it sunday.

Now, show me yours!
mary one tired mcduck

LadyArowana
08-20-2004, 11:28 PM
That's OK Mary it's tomorrow here ! In fact it is usually tomorrow here, very confusing. Great show and tell, the pink flowers have a very happy look ! smiley jewelry. Fiona

sassybird
08-20-2004, 11:41 PM
The floral piece has a 60's feel to it:) Very happy piece. The copper pieces are my favorite though. I just love copper, and have a lot of jewelry made from it. I have even made a wedding necklace out of copper for a friend of mine. It is my favorite metal of all. Ummmmmm have I said that before?:)

TheBlueBetween
08-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Hey Mary, another great example of your copper! And I'm happy to see you've done another spiral rope - looks great and happy! What color is it supposed to be though - looks ok here?

Here is the thing I've been working on for my friend's birthday gift - it's for her to wear tomorrow with her little black dress and wine colored strapies. She said she loved them... I now remember why I don't make these kinds of bracelets very often LOL. Funny this drives me crazy but I can spend 7 hours on a peyote rope... ah well.

pearls and garnets...

sassybird
08-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Ok, Pam, you have got to tell me what you used to connect the beads the the jump rings. I just used wire on the bracelet I made, but I made the mistake of using heavy glass beads. Can hold my hand up with effort..........lol
I don't wear bracelets anymore, but am learning I need to make some for upcoming shows I want to do. I also need to make earrings, but I don't have enough knowledge yet to make them.

McDuck
08-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Pam - Very elegant! She is going to love it! and the colors are so rich!

Charissa - use head pins 26g for pearls unles you have a reamer to ream them out, kamal trading has 26g, Rio might too. Or 24 or 22 g for othe dangles. Then just wrap them onto the bracelet links. I have a tutorial somewhere. Let me get through this weekend and try to find it or I know others here can direct you to other sites.

-Mary

stxbeads
08-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Love the copper! What do you use if you want to keep it from turning dark? The pink flower is just so happy looking...I love it.

Oh and the pearl dangles are so pretty! That would feel so good to wear too....I love things that "move"!

I had the coolest thing happen!! :D
I was checking my website to see who had been looking at it and noticed that there was someone with a ".tiffanys.com" address that had looked through my sight...I thought that this was kind of interesting....last night I got an email from a friend that had been in New York all week and she told me about wearing the necklace that I'm posting into Tiffany's and having several of the salespeople stop her and ask her where she got it! I was so excited! (I'd be more excited if it had been a buyer for Tiffany's, but hey, I'm stuck on a rock in the middle of the ocean, I'm easily excited by any outside contact!!!!) Any, I just had to tell someone that would understand!!!! And I knew other artist would!!! So forgive me, I needed the outlet! :D :D

Those are big 8mm Swarovski Crystals on each side of my glass beads, so I'm sure that all those wonderful lights in Tiffany's made that thing dance on her neck! I love those lights, they hide wrinkles and make even crappy little diamonds sparkle!!! The whole world should have those lights!!!!!

Have a good day everyone!

BBsBaubles
08-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Mary - Great work with copper yet again!
Pam - Your friend is so lucky. That is a beautiful bracelet. I really love your style.
Hope - The beads are great and I had to visit your web site. Wish I was in the islands! Great job on the interest from Tiffany's. At least we can say we knew you when...

Here's a bracelet I've done up with lampwork, citrine and a few crystals.

jeffwelsh23462
08-21-2004, 10:46 AM
here's my creations so far, nice day here so hopefully will have alot more by end of day!

Andee
08-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Mary - love the copper bracelet! The other one is lovely, too!

Pam - great work, and what a lot of work that was!

Hope - cute necklace, are those tiny seedbeads in between the lampwork?

Beth - that bracelet is just gorgeous!

Jeff - I like the, er, whaddayacallem, cuffs? Very nice!

Something bright and fun from me today, coz I needed a bit of a cheer-up as I'm in a rather grumpy mood today. The bracelet is called "strawberry christmas" - lampwork mine, swarowski crystals and etched seed beads.

beclectic
08-21-2004, 01:16 PM
What a lot of beauties.

Mary - love your root beer float beads with the copper. I would never have thought of using that particular combination with copper but it works really well. Those copper links look like little butterflys, are they? The flower bracelet is so cheery looking. I've never tried a clasp like that on a bracelet. Does it hold well?

Pam - I love those colors and the dangles. You've balanced it all so well. She is going to be a knock-out in that jewelry.

Hope - I think we all need those light. What a great feeling knowing people that look at Tiffany's jewelry all day wanted to look at your jewelry, maybe even want to buy some. How exciting. Not only is the design of the necklace pretty but it showcases those lampwork beads to perfection. Did you make the beads too?

Beth B. - That bracelet is outstanding. The colors of the citrine just seem to flow up onto those beads and the little crystals are just the right amount of contrast.

Jeff - lovely glasswork. Are the cuffs heavy? I like the pendent ball but it would help if you had something to compare for size. Every time I look at it I can imagine it tiny or huge. BTW, I think it is a Alien egg, I can see the little Alien baby in there. :D

Andee - that Strawberry Christmas bracelet is just delightful and yummy. I have a serious case of the wants for that bracelet. This is a lot bolder than your usual work but just as pretty. That really simple toggle is inspired since there is so much going on in the bracelet.

Great work everyone.

!Karen
08-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Such nice things today!!

Excellent job folks!

:)Karen

Wintreborne
08-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey all, wow I am always impressed with what you are all able to do. All of your items are really cool. :clap:

Well, I took a silversmithing class after work at a local college's craft center and I finally finished my first (and only) project. Jeez... seems I thought of something that ended taking one class session longer then was actually scheduled. :eek: So I finally finished the project after getting a burnisher to set the the stones from a local jewelry supply store. :) Well anyway...

This is a 7.5" sterling silver bracelet made from 20 guage silver sheetmetal with 20 gauge sterling silver jumprings. The malachite and the clasp were purchased from Rio Grande. I figured out several things I would do slightly differently but hey... it was my first "real" project.

Chris

stxbeads
08-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Wow, I checked back and there's more wonderful things!

Thanks for the comments about Tiffany's....it's made me work on my website...I'll have it updated by Monday with lots of new stuff....

Someone asked about the beads between the lampwork beads on my necklace.....they're Hill's Tribe mini-handmade silver beads.

And yes I made the lampwork beads... All my jewelry is made with beads that I make....

For a long time I couldn't figure out if I was a bead maker or a jewelry maker...I finally figured out that that I'm a bead making jewelry maker.....

tamjai
08-21-2004, 08:49 PM
good evening all - by the time i get on at night there is so much to comment on it's impossible to do them all - lot's of great stuff today and a big welcome to chris
from me today... a silver clay WIP - there will be four strands of sodalite(which didn't photograph well) and silver if I ever figure out the measuring! :wink2: i'm stumped as to whether i should oxidize or not ????- i dither about this every time - if you don't like the result, getting it back is soooo much work so i dither.... (it is a ginko leaf about 2 3/4 inches across and 1 1/2 long)
tam

TheBlueBetween
08-21-2004, 09:18 PM
wow - great silver work and glass goodies everyone!

Tam, I would go for it, especially with the black beads it's with!

:clap: :clap:

BBsBaubles
08-21-2004, 10:39 PM
I'd have to agree with Pam...oxidize away! I think it would look great that way.

Andee
08-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Barbara - thanks for your nice comment! :)

Chris - welcome and great bracelet!

Tam - I love the gingko-leaf. Normally I'm not too keen on oxydizing things, but maybe this one I would, coz it might match the sodalite beads better...

McDuck
08-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Everyone who followed, wonderful work! And Tam, I would oxidized it, just beautiful!
Mary