PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Artists Trading Cards ( ATC )

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Morganna
08-20-2004, 07:53 PM
:D A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Artists Trading Cards ( ATC )
Project Leader: Morganna
Relative Difficulty: Easy
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: Unlimited

Description:

Welcome to the Project! Every one is welcomed to participate. All skill levels are welcomed; all media is welcomed and any style goes!

Artist trading cards (ATC for short) are tiny works of art that you create for trade with other artists. It has been around since 1997 and has taken off very well. (see links for more info on its founder).

There is only one rule:

The cards must be 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches. Or 64x89mm. Basically the size of a baseball card, other trading card or a poker card. That way people can store them in a trading card album.

Thatís about it for rules. On the back of your card you give it a signature; title of the card; contact info; and whether the card is an original; series; or a limited edition card.

The sky is the limit. Every medium can be used. It is only limited to your imagination. Drawing, collage, oil, acrylic, watercolor, ink, stamp, colored pencil, photography, digital etc. Just to name a few. And don't forget that this is not limited by style either. All styles, realism or abstract are equal here.

The purpose of this project is to have fun with your creativity; your abilities; to experiment; to recharge your creative energy when your feeling down and out about bigger projects; to share your work with others, and to build your collection of each others art. In short it is art for us, not them. The project is anything you want it to be. That is the beauty of the ATC card. My purpose is to spread the word at WC, because these cards, which I have been making in my spare time, have done so much for me in many ways that I simply cannot keep them to myself.

There are to many resources on the web about ATC's to count, but I have added five links, which seem to be the most useful. But if you would like all you have to do is type "ATC cards" in your search engine. There is a lot of info out there.

The best way to start is to just do it. Jump right in and the rest comes easy. They are made on sturdy card stock, Poker cards etc. There are also templates on the web, but sometimes using a poker card or a commercial playing card as a guide is all thatís needed.

If you don't quite understand I encourage you to follow one of the links and see for yourself. Also there is a wealth of examples of other peopleís cards on the web. The title image is an example of some of the cards I've created.

Thanks for considering the project and I hope to see you soon!

Morganna

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_details&proj_id=728)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

Gudrun
08-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Hi , I'm in,I have ATCs in my mind since a long time and want to do that. But is the purpose of the project also to do an exchange? You know ATCs are made to exchange them , to give them to other artists and to recieve cards from other artists.
Have a nice WE
Gudrun

uncertainid
08-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Me too. This will be my first ever project at WC. Id also like to know what the exchange plans are. I really don't know too many other artists and none of the ones I know would be likely to want to do this. It might be fun to start out trading with our contacts at WC anyway.
Thanks Morgie!
sara

Jakeally
08-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Yep ... I would like to join this project too. If you could PM me with the details of how the exchange is going to work I can add it to the project pages for you :)

Morganna
08-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for considering :)

Gudrun, I know about exchangeing, I had all of that info typed out, but thier was some kind of wierd hic up when I submitted the project that caused me to have to re type everything. Well :( I forgot to put that info in, so I'll make it up here.

Yes, there will be exchanges, unless of course that person dosn't care too, but im sure most (including myself) would love to exchange Including the one's I already have before the project providing im finished with it. I was thinking when person A wants to make an exchange with person B, They could exchange thier real name and adresses via PM to protect thier address from being on the public board.

sara, :) This is my first project ever, and ever started. So bear with me guys im a shy person and im nervous as heck. I hear you. I want to try to exchange with WC members first. This is after all my stomping ground. We will just have to see how folks feel about exchangeing. But the best way of turning them around is if we've got a card they simply cannot live without and vice versa :D

Thanks Chris :) I'll pm you as soon as we work out the details. Since this entails real addresses, some international addresses, packing the card(s) carfully. I figured we'd better work it out like a demacracy. :) what do yall think? Also Who among you has exchanged by mail before? I have I think about a dozen cards and havn't traded yet. what do yall think?

Morgie

sanzi
08-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Thats me signed up!

I look forward to be trading with everyone! what a great idea. I have to try and breakdown my ideas now so off i go.

i will keep checking the thread

Morganna
08-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Welcome and thank you sanzi!

Im going to get my thinking cap on as well. Also im going to be posting up my already made up finished one's individually. They will be up for trade of course. There is no obligation if yall don't like my cards either. in fact I love C&C because I need to know these things :). I got my fingers crossed.

Since this is my first project and i hope I put all info togeather and couldn't possibly put everything on the splash page. Yall let me know if you need to know anything. Especliy stuff on the creation of cards, since every body does things thier own way. I do it the ultra anal way only so I can get any surface I want. Person A's Way might be unessesary to person B's way of doing. Im also hoping to get people who have never done this before and they may be confused as to how to go about this. I had to really figure this out for myself a year ago, because I couldn't find much info on it. So, I figurd we could all outline how we make our blank cards.

I gotta git for now. but im going to work out how I do mine and post it tomorrow.

Morgie

Gudrun
08-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I never traded before , I took part on other exchange projects here at WC. But I always looked for possibilities to trade ATCs, there are not so much in Germany.Hmmm, it's not so easy. If we upload a certain number, may be two ore more people want to have one special card. Or may be we say, everybody exchanges with all the otheres, but than you have to limit the participants(but may be thats a good way). Or lets say, we upload and whoever PMs first gets the card and sends one. But than you have to wait with sending, because may be later you want to have another card exactly from this artist and because of the costs we should try to send only one envelope...We have to discuss it. The noral way of ATCs is, just send to an address 20 or 10 cards and you will get 20 or 10 back. Mixed, from certain artists. Than we need a central address...In Germany we say, we have to go into the thinking pond :) :)

hlee
08-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Just dropping by... sounds like a great project. By the way, thought some people might be interested in this:

http://www.galleryonherald.com/upcoming.html

(Deadline is September 4, 2004, so might have to hurry.)

Have fun everyone! Looking foward to seeing the submissions.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

anney
08-23-2004, 04:20 AM
Hello,

Thank you Morggie for this project. I've just sign up.

My suggestions :
- we can keep the project virtual : no cost, but no exchange too (at least throw wc), just a virtual exhibition.
- when two participants want to trade cards, they PM each other, and update the title of their card accordingly,
- with a limited number of participants (e.g. 20) and a given timeframe, every participant could give its address to the project leader (who then brosdcasts the address list) and produce as many ATC as participants. Each participant support the mailing costs,
- each participant commits to produce a more limited number of ATC (e.g. 3), and the project leaders has some additional work managing that everybody gets something,

Anyway, we'll have fun !

Anne

Vegas Art Guy
08-23-2004, 01:43 PM
This sounds like fun, I'd be willing to exchange as well. That way you can look at mine and say "It could be worse, my art could look like his..." :D I'll check back with this thread to keep abreast of things...

Greg

Morganna
08-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey guys im back :wave:

I spent the morning writing out some different ways of making cards so that people who've never done it before could have a place to start. I'll type that out soon.

Thanks guys for the great suggestions, ill just post down the line in a nut shell kind of way.

Hmmm, I don't really want to limit the partisipants because I want to keep it open and free; also it adds variety of the many different styles and mediums. Well just have to play that one by ear for now, kind of work out the bugs. I feel like the more folks we have to partisipate, the more likely every one gets to trade. Before creating the project I've noted that not many projects get more than 30 people and the average seemed at the 13 people mark. If we did get 30 I think we could consider ourselves lucky :wink2: More cards created and more fun.

Thanks for posting that link hlee! I think that'll show folks that think ATC silly how serious they are taken :clap:

We are definatly going to exchange, but I don't think we should force people who are uncomfortable. They may be nervous about giving thier home addy. Anybody thats ever had a stalker knows this (I have before) However, I think that people who don't want to will waurm up to it once they see all of the trades taking place. They may just want to get to know us better. :) Also because some folks will only exchange in person, because they like the other part of ATC which is to mingle with other artists. I would like them to showcase thier cards, but I don't want to be pushy with the mailing with them. I want those ATC'ers to be welcomed too.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys I think yall helped me think of a way to aproach this and make all happy :D what do you all think of the following:

Baby steps. To take one thing at time. First we will have fun making our cards with glee and posting them in the progress or finished piece section. That way we could comment on each others cards and get an acumilation going.

Decide who will be exchangeing and who wants to wait, or opt out. Some folks may want to acumulate more cards first before the first exchange. We can anounce which cards we exchange with who which will be fun but addys will be pm'ed only. We may end up knowing where we all live but that way all of 45,000 WC members don't LOL

When exchangeing the person mailing thier cards should be responsilble for protecting (making sure they are mailed in such a way so the cards not damaged) and postage. And vice versa to the person mailing thier cards to them. I know yall's concerns as I am always broke LOL. But a few things can be worked out on that as well. Which we need to talk about.

It would be great if sombody who's mailed cards before could give us all tips on how to protect them, other wise I got some surfing to do :D

Ok those are the ideas im very sure about along with things that I had in mind and I do want to hear your opinons on it.

Here are some things im still kicking around in my head:

International mailings. What I do know about international mailings is that air mail is esential. If your card travels by boat, then you won't see a card for 3 months. Keep that in mind yall. Other than that I need more info on international myself.

On state to state mailings, I feel we don't need exspensive mailings. Ground shipping will suffice. Especily for us broke folk. :D Just be sure to pack that baby (s) with care.

I for one will make a garentee that anyone who recieves my card damaged because of some yehoo postal service guy (sorry postal service guy :D ) I will make that exact same card again for them.

Now that we got some info posted tell me what yall think. I need your feed back.

:wave:

Morgie

Morganna
08-23-2004, 02:22 PM
thanks for joining Greg.

This sounds like fun, I'd be willing to exchange as well. That way you can look at mine and say "It could be worse, my art could look like his..." :D I'll check back with this thread to keep abreast of things...

LOL I have a feeling from the above statement that your cards are going to be stunning! :) LOL Most people who say that are damn good. from my experience over at the weekly drawing project on the drawing fourm. Any body who says that their drawing comes out all awsome and what not :D

Morgie

Vegas Art Guy
08-23-2004, 02:53 PM
thanks for joining Greg.

LOL I have a feeling from the above statement that your cards are going to be stunning! :) LOL Most people who say that are damn good. from my experience over at the weekly drawing project on the drawing fourm. Any body who says that their drawing comes out all awsome and what not :D

Morgie
Stunning good or stunning bad? :eek: I have some really bad stuff sitting at home.... But it would be interesting to do.

Morganna
08-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Sorry about that stunning as in awsome or better put; great art work. :) Sorry If I conveyed the wrong way. Its hard putting your emotions into type.

So I meant the good stunning! :)

Morgie

Vegas Art Guy
08-23-2004, 03:19 PM
LOL I know, my sense of humor gets the best of me sometimes. Is there one type of paper/card ect that seems to work better than others?

Greg

Morganna
08-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I added a link to the origanal thread where we first talked about it all, just incase yall wanted to see. I also have my spread of other cards posted, other than the icon pic. Thanks for the idea Greg! :clap:

Morganna
08-23-2004, 05:23 PM
This is going to take a year but this morning I compiled togeather all kinds of different ways of getting started for folks that havn't done this before.

Im going to start with the easiest and work my way down the line. I don't really have time to type all of it out tonight but im going to try to bust out at least one. Sorry if I miss spell anything too.

A note about trading and poker cards: It is a good idea to measure them to make sure they are the right size, I used to think that when in doubt buy cards that say Poker. Thats not the case because last night I opened a pack I had in resurve and they were clearly not the right size. You only have to measure one time, because if they pan out right you have 52 cards before you have to measure again when you buy a new pack. That is of course if you use a poker card but I wanted to clear this up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Easy Methods

The Cut Out

1. Take a Comercial trading card, or a regulation size poker card and secure it to good card stock.

2. With a good and very sharp exacto knife; cut around the card carfully.

The Lucky Method
If your lucky enough to find card stock the exact right size already, then you are lucky indeed :D
The Card
Depending on what medium your going to use or what you want to do on the card, you could use the poker/trading card as is.
Sanding the poker card
1. This is the one step method. and this also depends on what medium your going to use. Just sand the shine of of the side of the poker card you wish to use and your ready to go.
Gesso
I havn't done this one before, but it sure looks like it would work. (experimenting is always a good thing, and I encourage this) If you've got some gesso around experiment with it on the card stock/poker/trading card.
Magic Cards
There are many magic cards that look like regular cards on one side and are blank on the other. They just have to be the right size.

Thats all the easy methods I have written. Im also going to be posting some alternative methods, that are more of a pain in the butt but I want to put the more easier to get started methods down for folks.

Feel free to step in and talk about yalls methods.

Morgie

Vegas Art Guy
08-23-2004, 06:23 PM
That does indeed help. Thanks for the information.

sassybird
08-23-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm signed up. Maybe it will help to break my dry spell.

dbluez
08-23-2004, 10:40 PM
I had some time today and decided to join this project and show my first efforts. Artist trading cards could become an obsession. At least producing them. Time will tell about actually trading then.The two I uploaded are first attempts and I welcome any C&C's.

Enjoy.

MeikaM
08-24-2004, 02:47 AM
It would be great if sombody who's mailed cards before could give us all tips on how to protect them, other wise I got some surfing to do :D

Individual trading card sleeves are great for mailing. They are the clear plastic sleeves you get at sport memorabilia shops and collectors shops. Or you can make little atc envelopes. I make tons of them out of my junk mail using the template at Mirkwood Designs Click Here (http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/atcenvelope.htm)
Either way, it's a good idea to slip some cardboard (recycled food boxes work well) in the envie too to stiffen it up a little. It doesn't hurt to write 'Please do not bend' in red marker on the outside of the envelope either. :)

anney
08-24-2004, 03:02 AM
International mailings. What I do know about international mailings is that air mail is esential. If your card travels by boat, then you won't see a card for 3 months. Keep that in mind yall. Other than that I need more info on international myself.

Last year I participated in the Holiday Card Exchange project (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_details&proj_id=521) leaded by Sassybird, and international priority mailing was fine (one to two weeks delay, rates in US is max 0.80$ / 28g up to 1 Oz, in France, its 0.90 Euro for 20 g/0.7 Oz, probably similar rates in most countries - 1 Euro = 1.20 $ at the moment).

Anne

weckster
08-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39119

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/45792/tn_dbluez_sunrise_82304.jpg

Hey - I love both of your pics - looking forward to seeing more!

hlee
08-24-2004, 09:52 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Seascape.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39125)

Interesting composition. It has a nice, sketchy quality especially with the darker horizontal strokes and the translucent clouds at the top. Would certainly like to see how you'll approach the series. Good job! :)

Jakeally
08-24-2004, 12:06 PM
As I don't play poker :angel: are ordinary playing cards the same size as poker ones? It would help me enormously if you mentioned the size Morgie ;)

MeikaM
08-24-2004, 12:25 PM
As I don't play poker :angel: are ordinary playing cards the same size as poker ones? It would help me enormously if you mentioned the size Morgie ;)

3.5 by 2.5 inches. in metrics, 89 mm by 64 mm.

Vegas Art Guy
08-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Well, also make sure you measure straight! I cut a card last night that is not quite a rectangle. I put something on it anyway just to see. boy is working small going to be a challenge!

MeikaM
08-24-2004, 01:25 PM
You might try this TEMPLATE (http://www.empressdragon.com/ATC_Template.html) if you're having trouble getting them straight. You need Adobe Acrobat to view and print it.

Morganna
08-24-2004, 02:14 PM
The below link is an example of an ATC hub. You will also get tons of examples of others work since this is the biggest I know.

http://groups.msn.com/ATCEXCHANGE

You know I didn't even know the x mas post card project existed until this morning. And I think some might be in confusion of this. I kind of wanted it to be simular to an ATC hub. But yall have given me an idea, and I need your feed back on it. I thank yall for bearing with me on my first project growing pains. I was so excited about it I just jumped in with two feet. Ok sorry about that what do yall think of this.

It just occured to me that some folk might be confusing this with the holiday exchange. :) That was not my intentions, but for those of you that wish to exchange like that, I was thinking of an exchange light.

LOL my first intention was if you saw somone who's work you liked that person would pm for a trade, but ok here is the idea for yall that want simular to the other.

In the origanal spirt of ATC it was always a card for a card. For those of you who want to do trades like the post card, rather than making 30 cards, why not limit it to five for five, or 10 for 10. Im confused about this, so bear with me I had no idea of this system lol.

I don't even know if im making sence am I? LMAO don't flog me guys, I havn't had enough coffee yet.

On another note I figured Id post up some of the cards I have finished, or only need to fill in the backs lol. Im going to hop to that.

Morgie

Vegas Art Guy
08-24-2004, 02:33 PM
You might try this TEMPLATE (http://www.empressdragon.com/ATC_Template.html) if you're having trouble getting them straight. You need Adobe Acrobat to view and print it.
That would indeed help. Thanks! :clap:

Mary Woodul
08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Morganna, I love this project, I'm not sure if I quite understand it yet but I'll start making my cards. Mail service is not good here as it takes a couple of weeks to get something in the mail from the US.

anney
08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
You know I didn't even know the x mas post card project existed until this morning. And I think some might be in confusion of this.

I didn't mean to bring confusion, sorry for that.

I'll be back to trade cards when I have produced at least 5 ATC.

Anne

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Anne, no no you didn't confuse, and you don't need to wait until you have five cards :) Get back here. LOL no it was just somthing that occured to me that I had to address :) not because of you.

mlelevier! :clap: :clap: :clap: Im glad to see you made it over here! :clap: Don't feel bad either. Whenever Alex's parents send us a package from ohio it takes three months to get here for some reason LOL and they are only a 10 hour away drive. LOL

Lets make cards and have fun. Im in the process of uploading the cards I already had, but watch out yall because I have a few more new ideas itching my brain. :evil:

Morgie

sassybird
08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39130

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_Baby_mosiac_boot.jpg

This must have taken you forever! I can just imagine the tiny little pieces that you put into place. I really like this card.

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Regarding this entry -->
http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39128

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC1.jpg

Wow sassybird! So many cards! :clap: :clap: :clap: This is beautyfull!

Morgie

sassybird
08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39137

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_Leather_Boot.jpg

Do you have a boot fetish?:D This is nicely drawn. I like the idea of lighting the end of the pencil. I haven't tried that yet.

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39133

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC5.jpg

I think this one is my fav of yours Sassybird! :clap:

Morgie

sassybird
08-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39119

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/45792/tn_dbluez_sunrise_82304.jpg

This reminds me of encuastic work, only with that you put the color directly on a special iron. I like the rainbow effect.

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
LOL, I found myself facinated by the shoe orniments in the smithsonian gift catalog and went wild with shoes :D thats all of the boots but I got more shoes. Thanks for your kind comments. I got another one of those mosaics but my scanner is giving me fits because it wants me to restart and im just lazy LOL

Morgie

sassybird
08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39118

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/45792/tn_dbluez_jojo_82304.jpg

LOL I like this. How old is JoJo? A walking fibers sculpture:D A girl after my own heart!

sassybird
08-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39123

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Landscape.jpg

I like the colors in this one. The purple of the trees makes it appear to be a fall scene.

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39125

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Seascape.jpg

weckster, I love this! Your very lucky to live by the ocean. :clap: :clap: What did you use to make this?

Morgie

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39123

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Landscape.jpg

If this came out of your head then you have a beautyfull mind! :clap: I love those trees.

Morgie

sassybird
08-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39125

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Seascape.jpg

I like the compostion of this sea scape. It is like looking through a rectangle window, seeing only portions of the scene and a little more as a ship moves.

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39118

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/45792/tn_dbluez_jojo_82304.jpg

Wow this is going to be fun. I knew the folks from WC were going to create some beautys! dbluez, I love Jo Jo's Hat! You did more than create a tiny card you created a story. :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-24-2004, 03:38 PM

:clap: :clap: I love that poetry! You did a great job on this card :clap:

Morgie

Vegas Art Guy
08-24-2004, 03:48 PM

Love the colors and the description at the bottom.

weckster
08-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39143

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC14.jpg

You have been having far too much fun!!! These are all really lovely!!! :wave:

weckster
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM

Your very lucky to live by the ocean....What did you use to make this?

Morgie
Hi Morgie - the seascape is a combination of watercolour and WC pencil.

It's fun doing these little pics, isn't it!

weckster
08-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39130

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_Baby_mosiac_boot.jpg

Wow! That mosaic looks like a lot of hard work, but really effective!!

Vegas Art Guy
08-24-2004, 05:37 PM

Oh, wow wish my hair brained ideas looked that good. Great job on the mosiac. I'm :envy: with envy...

hlee
08-24-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC2.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39129)

Lovely array of colours on this one... like evening snow on a fantasy landscape and the moon rising on the top right. Well done! :clap: :clap:

Gudrun
08-24-2004, 10:58 PM

Wow, really good, and it is to be seen that you took your time to do it. Great. Produced yesterday 4 encaustic ATCs, I did it also careful and with a lot of time, will upload it on thuersday, I'm not in this evening....

weckster
08-25-2004, 05:15 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39153

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC21.jpg
sass - how the hell do we keep up with you?!!! Love it!

anney
08-25-2004, 05:43 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39132

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC4.jpg

I love the colors of this one. Can't believe you already made 23 of them.

Anne

anney
08-25-2004, 05:57 AM

Wow, I agree with what was said before :clap: :clap: It looks like the piece is much larger than an ATC.

Anne

Jakeally
08-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39138

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC9.jpg

Great entries Sassy :clap: :clap: I love them all but this one took my eye. You managed to get such movement and a beautiful composition.
Nothing like encaustics to get you out of a slump :D Lovely work

Jakeally
08-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Thank you so much for this and for posting the size for me :D

Jakeally
08-25-2004, 07:51 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39119

Interesting technique on this one. I like this a lot :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39118

and this is such fun. Just love the hat :D

dbluez
08-25-2004, 07:53 AM
sassybird: My niece, Jojo, is 10, full of more wisdom than I hope to have at 80. thank you!

Morgana and Vegas Art Guy: Thanks so much for the comments.

Your comments mean a lot to me. Only recently have I dared to show anyone my works. Thank you all.

dbluez
08-25-2004, 07:55 AM
jakeally: Thank you. As my last post said, I truely appreciate it.

Jakeally
08-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39137

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_Leather_Boot.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39130

I think these are just terrific ... a labour of love and it shows. Worth every minute you spent on them. I love the mosaic effect ... very interesting.
I think you got some lovely depth with the leather boot ... it looks soft and pliable. Great job :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
08-25-2004, 08:06 AM

A very unusual composition which I find very appealing. Looking forward to seeing more in the series :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39123

I also like simple watercolours. You used a good mix of colours here. Very nice trees :clap:

Mary Woodul
08-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Morgie thank you for the steps to take for making the cards, that will help a lot. I was wondering ,and I will try it, if after sanding you could also just use acrylic house paint to cover up the card and give it a foundation and go on from there depending on the medium.

Sassy thank you for sharing your cards with us, those are beautiful examples and I think this is really a great way Morgie, to get out of a slump and maybe also have and idea for a larger painting. What fun this will be.... :clap: :wink2:

Morganna
08-25-2004, 03:15 PM
UPDATE ************************************************

Thanks Guys for your kind comments :wave:

And your very welcomed mlelevier :) and thanks to you too. Your right about the slump thing. Its the best!

I've got an update! I have temporarily limit the numbers to 30. at least until I've worked out some bugs and seeing how things work out and what I can handle. Always subject to change of course.

The other update, I've made a final decison on how the trading is going to work. Im going to let yall trade independently. My suggestion however is to let the cards build up a bit and have fun. And we will see how this works out. I don't forsee any problems in the future, and am confidant that no one will be left out. you just have to trust me on this one :evil: Sorry about the evil face lol I couldn't help it.

If it turns out that there isn't enough trades, don't worry, I can just open the door all the way and let more folk in. Or squeeze the number up. Like I said for now we have to let them build up. :)

:cat:

Morgie

Pilan
08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Can I do this too?

When and how is the exchange done?

thanks
P

Vegas Art Guy
08-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39134

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC6.jpg

That rocks! I love it. Can I have it? :D

Vegas Art Guy
08-25-2004, 03:49 PM

Very nice. You could just burn the edges of the card... Outside the house of course! :D

Vegas Art Guy
08-25-2004, 03:50 PM
I put my first one in the gallery... Have fun. And Pilan if they let me in you should have no problems joining the fun...

uncertainid
08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Can I do this too?
Sure, the project is open to all (see the first post in this thread). You'll find more info further back in the forum under "Artist trading cards"
Wow you guys! I'm impressed with all the cards you all have done and posted. I feel so left behind :crying:
Actually, I've made a card a night for the last three nights so (for me) I'm rocking. :angel: I'll post them soon.
In the meantime some of you who have been doing this tell me if I'm on the right track: Birds have a special meaning to me, and I decided that each of my cards for this project would incorporate an image that I had drawn or painted myself (as opposed to using images and objects in a collage fashion). Therefore I have been drawing birds on my cards as a base image. They seem a bit plain compared to these other cards I am seeing you all do. Should I re-consider my plan? Will anyone want my plain ole cards? Should I stick with what I do best? (collage) Thoughts and comments please.
sara

dbluez
08-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39160

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/23340/tn_analog_geometry_wc.jpg

I love it. A balance of black and white, with a little chaos thrown in. A cubist Yin Yang, with a thousand images. It seems to want to be turned, which I suspect in person each turn would beg another. Thanks for sharing it with us.

sassybird
08-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Sarah, Just do what you want to do, what you like. I am sure that everyone else will like what you do:)

sassybird
08-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39134

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC6.jpg

That rocks! I love it. Can I have it? :D

Yep, I just put your name on it:)

sassybird
08-25-2004, 04:26 PM
I forgot to say that the colors on my cards are much richer than how they appear here. I just can't seem to get the proper photo of them, and don't want to mess around in a photo program.

sassybird
08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39160

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/23340/tn_analog_geometry_wc.jpg

I can see why this took you two hours. A lot going on in this piece. I love abstracts:D

dbluez
08-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39138

I can not choose a favorite among these. Each one grabs in it's own way. Encaustics is somewhat new to me, and I am amazed. Abstract, but still it seems to be just across the line from reality. Easy to suspend disbelief, and see scenes and objects. Thank you, sassybird.

Vegas Art Guy
08-25-2004, 04:47 PM

I can see why this took you two hours. A lot going on in this piece. I love abstracts:D
I'm glad you like it. What made it more challenging was that I have a band aid on my thumb from a big blister and I cannot grip my pen properly.

Morganna
08-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Jump right in Pilan! :clap: Check out the links about ATC to they are very helpfull, and the msn link I left somewhere in this thread has thousands of ATC examples. The only rule is size. which is 2.5 wide, and 3.5 long basicly the size of a baseball card or a regulation size poker card. All styles are equal here weather your abstract or realist, all mediums that can concivebly go on the card are game.

See my making card tips in this thread.

THe exchange will be freelance. We're going to acumulate cards and you all (including myself) will independently pm each other for trades. Some who wish not to trade may just make cards and have fun until they are ready (or not) We are just basicly having fun. :)

So jump in on the band wagon! :clap: Anything your confused about give me a hollor.

Morgie

Morganna
08-25-2004, 05:51 PM
sara, You do what ever you want to do :) Its all about freedom. And there is no rush. All of the cards Im submitting so far are cards I've already made from last september until this past spring. Im a slo mo so I havn't made many, well the one's I havn't thrown away anyways lol. So if your way of working is slow, and to all of you others who work this way, don't worry about it. Hey im slow :) If you are drawn to birds you can make 100's of them :evil: Besides yall havn't seen the end of shoes yet! lol

Morgie

Sure, the project is open to all (see the first post in this thread). You'll find more info further back in the forum under "Artist trading cards"
Wow you guys! I'm impressed with all the cards you all have done and posted. I feel so left behind :crying:
Actually, I've made a card a night for the last three nights so (for me) I'm rocking. :angel: I'll post them soon.
In the meantime some of you who have been doing this tell me if I'm on the right track: Birds have a special meaning to me, and I decided that each of my cards for this project would incorporate an image that I had drawn or painted myself (as opposed to using images and objects in a collage fashion). Therefore I have been drawing birds on my cards as a base image. They seem a bit plain compared to these other cards I am seeing you all do. Should I re-consider my plan? Will anyone want my plain ole cards? Should I stick with what I do best? (collage) Thoughts and comments please.
sara

hlee
08-25-2004, 05:55 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/23340/tn_analog_geometry_wc.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39160)

Exciting array of patterns and lines, lots of movement to the right. Lyrical, with a fair amount of details to hold the viewer's interest. Terrific job, especially for only two hours! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Morganna
08-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39162

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_rooster.jpg

This one is my favorate of your first three cards! :clap: :clap: :clap: What is it about roosters? This card is the bomb! Don't worry about birds, you've done great :clap: :clap:

Morganna
08-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39163

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_swan.jpg

This one is my seconed fav so far. :clap: :clap:

Morganna
08-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39161

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_wren.jpg

And you were worried about the birds, you goof :) This one is cool too. Don't you feel better now knowing that you did good?

Morgie

Morganna
08-25-2004, 06:34 PM

This looks Rich! I can see all of your hard work. Great card! :clap: Your daughter is welcome if she wants in.

Morganna
08-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39155

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC23.jpg

I love this one! :clap: Now I have a very, very dumb question for all yall....what are Encaustics? What ever it is it is beautyfull :clap:

Morgie

sassybird
08-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Encaustics are a pigmented wax medium. I use a special iron and stylus to paint with the wax to special cards made for the mediium.

Morganna
08-25-2004, 07:34 PM
My very own, Pain in the Butt Way Of making Cards.
If you want a specific surface that dosn't come in card stock form method.

This is the method I use the most because I never know what im going to do next. And I like to have a veriety of supports on hand. This way is a pain in the butt, however I have found ways that make it less so. :) If you can find ways of avoiding the pain in the butt way, all the better, but if you want canvas, or a type of tooth and there is no way around it? here ya go :evil:
The way I take the Pain, out of the butt
A. I make a boat load of cards at one time. So that when I need one; I just grab for the one perfect for the task. For that reason alone, any easy method can benifit from having a boat load made ahead of time.

B. I multi task. And im not even a good multi tasker, and it works for me. If im not on a large project of drawing or painting, im wasting my time anyway. So While watching TV or on the phone, I make cards a head of time so when the mood strikes me for ATC I'll be ready to go. The multi task is also good for easy methods when you want allot of cards ready to go.
A few Notes about Glue
Before ATC cards I never had to deal with it. So im no expert on glue. In fact anybody with additonal glue info, that would be greatly apriciated, because in all of my ATC travels I've seen contradicting information on rubber cement. Some say its great some say its not. There are many other glues out there worth experimenting with, some probably more archival than most. The problem with rubber cement is that I have a boat load of it now, and im going to use it up. but if there is better throw me a bone, I need it :D . I've never traded, but a few of my cards were made a year ago in september, and I havn't had any lifting.
Here is my Pain in the butt experiment.

Keep in mind that im a real anal person. LOL this might be the reason I have no lifting. I dunno. we'll see. Any that has lifted that cannot be repaired gets kicked to the curb.

1. Depending on what type of papper, canvas, canvas paper or just about anything you wish to use; lay it on the table. If your poker card is not sanded, secure it with a small piece of tape, otherwise it will slide around allot. Place the card on the paper and trace around it with an ink pen. Make as many shapes as your chosen surface will allow. But don't make them too close together.

2. I've recently discovered that its better to cut those shapes out now, but dont cut them perfect or too close to the lines. Your going to want to keep a boarder around the card mark. This way prevents lifting because the more boarder you have the more acurate you can be, and the reason for cutting is that the less boarder you have, the chances of lifting are lower.

3. take the glue and brush it on the surface; either in horizonal, or veritcal strokes. (I can just hear bevis and butt head now) With a nice even coat. Don't go too skimpy, and be sure to coat it past the lines. (This asumes your useing rubber cement, by the way)

4. Brush the card with glue in the oppiset direction that you did the paper; horizonal or verticly. Don't skimp and go past those edges. We don't want lifting.

5. Place card onto one of your outlined boxes, and slide it around until you have it lined up. (this also helps get the air out) (Trapped air is the number one cause of lifting) You may also want to firmly press down on it with one finger, while sliding another up and down the card, firmly but not enough to slide it out of place. Grab another card and repeat until all of your shapes have a card glued to it.

6. Let them dry compleatly. When they are done give them a good inspection, but handle them with care. The flaps of paper around the card will cause lifting because its not flush regardless of how well its been glued. Look for air bubbles, bumps, check all sides and corners for lifting.

7. Take some very sharp curved or straight toenail, or finger nail scissors and carfully cut around the card to get that extra paper off. Move from card to card until your done with them all.

8. The flusher the paper is with the card the better. At this stage I nip here nip there every where a nip nip. I get as close as I can without cutting the card itself. Then you can take your finger and rub along the sides of the card to get the extra glue off. Rub the back to get the extra glue off. I also stack them all togeather to see if they are all flush and tap the sides of the stack on the table, somtimes I run my finger nails along the edges. But im just anal :D

If the numbers and clovers show through on your chosen surface just repeate the whole process for another layer. And in the end inspect for lifting one last time. If it can't get repaired you could peel it all off and start over or chuck it. Since it hasn't bonded for a long time it should be removeable.

:) well that was a mouth full but I hope I was usefull. any comments are welcome.

Sorry about the typo's too. Because I finished just in time before I have to go to work and walk out the door time is now :evil:

Morgie

Godzoned
08-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Morgana
Sounds like a great idea!
Great project for the little time I have looking after a baby.

Have you heard of this site? http://artisttradingcards.meetup.com/
You can meet other ATC artists in your very city once a month! I've signed up for that too.

I'll start as soon as I can. Maybe we could incorporate the drawing thread into this as well?

uncertainid
08-25-2004, 08:52 PM
And you were worried about the birds, you goof This one is cool too. Don't you feel better now knowing that you did good?
Awww! Now you've gone and made me feel all warm and fuzzy :angel: :angel: Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah, I like the rooster best too. Someone at work today even asked me to draw one for a C'mas present for her family member. They seem to have a sort of universal appeal.
sara

uncertainid
08-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Before ATC cards I never had to deal with it. So im no expert on glue. In fact anybody with additonal glue info, that would be greatly apriciated, because in all of my ATC travels I've seen contradicting information on rubber cement.
sorry all, I posted my warm fuzzy reply before I had read this. I'm no expert either but I have done some work with glues.
There is a product called "Yes" glue. It's just like the library paste we all remember from 1st grade--except-- it will not warp paper. Even thin papers like rice papers and vellums can be glued with it and they won't wrinkle. It is acid free and for a long time everyone said it was archival but I think the latest word is that it WONT last much past 75-100 years :eek:
One draw back to using it is getting an even layer so that one does not have humps and bumps of glue. I accomplish this by using old credit cards, grocery store discount cards, old insurance cards and the like. (I even take the phony ones they send in the mail out and use them.) I dip into the pot of glue with the card, smear my surface in a swiping motion, much like using a putty knife on wallboard, then apply my decorative paper. This glue cleans off easily with a finger and can be washed away with soap and water.
I noticed when I was a Jerry's last time they had another brand that was supposed to do the same thing and maybe it is more archival--I don't know. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, but maybe it is on the Jerry's website.
I have also used acrylic gel medium as a glue and it works beautifully and IS definately archival. The drawback to it is: It will wrinkle your paper, however, if the paper is heavy enough and you use a thin layer of medium, often the paper will dry flat. It is a little disconcerting waiting to see this happen, though.
Rubber cement has it's champions and I cannot comment as I have never used it. I have read that it is not only not archival but can speed the deterioration of paper due to the chemicals.
Hope this helps!
sara

sassybird
08-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39161

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_wren.jpg

This is a lovely wren. Your birds are not plain at all, silly goose:D

sassybird
08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39162

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_rooster.jpg

I really like this rooster. He looks ready to wake up the house:D

sassybird
08-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39163

This is my favorite so far. Lovely drawing. I really like swans.

sassybird
08-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39165

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_Baby_mosiac_pizza.jpg

This is so cool! I love the title too.........lol You go!

sassybird
08-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39166

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_charcoal_shoe.jpg

This shoe makes my feet hurt just looking at it. My feet only funcition in flats......lol

Gudrun
08-25-2004, 10:50 PM

I really love it, sometimes black and white is good for our soul after a lot of colourful and hectical impressions we have all days....I like the free forms you choosed and two hours for a little ATC, !...you must be a artist with a lot of quiet in you...

Gudrun
08-25-2004, 10:52 PM

Your animal series is a great idea, I really like the idea to do ATCs in a series...can't wait to upload mine today or tomorrow (always short in time, have to go for my job now), it's a series of encaustical flowers...

Gudrun
08-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39155

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC23.jpg

I love this one! :clap: Now I have a very, very dumb question for all yall....what are Encaustics? What ever it is it is beautyfull :clap:

Morgie

Encaustic is my main field, painting with hot wax....Sassy did this ATCs with an iron, made for encaustics, You have nice effects in a very, very quick way, especially with the iron. You heat it up, put the wax colors on there and they melt, then you put the melted colors onto a special paper...the colors mixes and you have that effects..
I paint this since 6 years, but not with the iron anymore, I use a lot of other things, you will see it when I upload my stuff...
When you go to www.absolutearts.com/artemisia you can see my encaustics..it was a way of years to come to this level...and it's really not a quick thing anymore...it's a very old technique, coming from the ancient greekes and the old egypts, which has a revival time today....
I'm also a member of the german art association for encaustics, I'm in the manger board there...next year I will do a workshop in El Paso showing all stuff around...

weckster
08-26-2004, 12:49 AM

Grooviest pic so far!! Very coooool

Vegas Art Guy
08-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Thanks, I have a new one I am working on now. So far it's even better than the first one. This is kinda fun. I need to cut a card out for my daughter, she wants in as well.

Vegas Art Guy
08-26-2004, 01:09 AM

I really love it, sometimes black and white is good for our soul after a lot of colourful and hectical impressions we have all days....I like the free forms you choosed and two hours for a little ATC, !...you must be a artist with a lot of quiet in you...
Quiet? me? :eek: I've been called lots of things but quiet is not one. I'm usually as subtle as a mack truck. I'm glad you like the card. I usually don't work in pen and ink, but for this it seems to work just fine.

weckster
08-26-2004, 03:40 AM

That rooster's looking at me! (from a paranoid mind)

Love the animals uncert :wave:

Godzoned
08-26-2004, 05:04 AM
Wow everyones ATC's are looking really good!

I am half way through my flower series - set of five cards.
Found lovely reference pictures from the reference image library here on WC!
I will post them up when I finish them.
Stay tuned....

Jakeally
08-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39175

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Grapes.jpg

Oh! Yes ... I'm glad you put this one in. It's fresh and beautifully painted :clap: :clap: I am so enjoying your journey with these paintings. Reminds me of myself when I first started :D
I also love your sunsets and early morning pics. They brought back so many lovely memories of times and places that meant so much to me.
Keep em coming :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39166

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/8345/tn_charcoal_shoe.jpg

I Love this one Morgie ..... I actually owned a pair like this years ago. Needless to say I am more sensible now :D

gini/art
08-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes! I want in, I want in... This is my first project :clap: I just joined WC, its a very cool site. Please, could someone tell me what a "limited edition and series" are, and what is WIP and WITW? Thands for your help. I am looking forward to seeing everyones ATC's.
Gin :wave:

Morganna
08-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Thank you guys for telling me what Encaustics are. Wow it just looks so unreal, kind of out of this world. Gudrun, I enjoyed your website! :clap: Thanks for sharing. Wow I can't wait to see some of your cards :clap:

Debbie! Im happy to see you :clap: All that time in the drawing togeather in the weekly drawing challenge and I had no Idea you were an ATC hound too. LOL Groooooovy!

LOL IM glad I made you feel warm and fuzzy, but its the truth. Them cards have nothing to be embarassed about. :) I think We are all our worst critic. my grandmother was just telling me today that my aunt Becky's entiere theme in her kitchen is roosters LOL I had no idea! Thanks for the info on the glue. I'd love more info if anybody's got it. Rubber cement smells nasssy And I have my doubts about it too. Gosh. Its the glue factor LMAO.

Thanks for the comment on my pizza Sassy. :) it was Alex's Idea about two years ago when I got one of those weight watchers pizzas, and it was perfectly round like that. It was nasty too. A poor excuse for a pizza. He said you know you ought to paint that although his idea was to have bite marks in it with the fork next to it. LOL He had a meaning but I just can't remember only that I laughted my butt off. Well that pizza got made one way or the other LMAO. The bite marks I just could not reproduce from imagination though.

THanks for the comment on my shoe to guys :) I got more ideas while at the mall today. THey had some wild looking one's. One was a hot pink stelleto leather boot. Granny laughed at me for liking it; and I told Alex "see if we went to more places I'd buy those boots" LOL he said "thats why we don't" HE joked of course but I am well known for loving tack shoes and furniture :p

Gin, come on in! LOL we got some space left. Also Im hoping to expand anyhow when we all get settled and I get the hang of this project thing :clap:

Ok guys im off to see the new cards put into the system!

Morgie

Morganna
08-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39175

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-Grapes.jpg

I love this card! :clap: :clap: Its got a festive appeal!

Morgie

Vegas Art Guy
08-26-2004, 03:15 PM
speaking of glue. I have a collage that is 11 years old and looks just fine. I used rubber cement with it as well. On my current projects I'm using rubber cement as well. Now it says it's archival on the can, still smells though. :eek: Still working on my second card, same theme as the first, but much more organic than the other one.

Morganna
08-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Yes! I want in, I want in... This is my first project :clap: I just joined WC, its a very cool site. Please, could someone tell me what a "limited edition and series" are, and what is WIP and WITW? Thands for your help. I am looking forward to seeing everyones ATC's.
Gin :wave:

Sorry Gin, I forgot to answer some of your questions. First off WC is a wonderful site, and welcome :wave: Second, its sooooooo addictive! LOL

A limited eddition is when you make the same card say five times. You have five of the same and you number them in the order in which they were made. Which will mean there are only five that exists in the whole world.

A series is when you make a bunch of cards that are not the same, but are of one theme. and you number them 1 of 5 or 4 of five, ECT.

And of course an original is a card where it only exists.

The only thing that confuses me is printed stuff. I started to make a "whats in my sketch book" series which i'll show but im not sure if it was a stupid Idea or not. They are not the origanals since the full size version is in my sketch book, yet I have them done like a series. Not only that but my printer sucks and im not so sure I like how they turned out. At any rate I will post them with the rest of the cards and disregard if yall think it was a dumb idea.

On to the WC topic. A WIP means "Wet canvas in progress" Im not sure if thats what the obriviation means, but lol thats what it means. That is where you show progress steps of a work stage by stage. WIPS are the best thing since sliced bread I think. WITW, Now this one. I have no idea what rock I was hidding behind but I want to know now too.

Morgie

Morganna
08-26-2004, 03:28 PM
speaking of glue. I have a collage that is 11 years old and looks just fine. I used rubber cement with it as well. On my current projects I'm using rubber cement as well. Now it says it's archival on the can, still smells though. :eek: Still working on my second card, same theme as the first, but much more organic than the other one.

That is really good to know. Ok, im going to use up the rest of my bottle and experiment when its all gone. :) Im a stickler for saving money. Whew art supplies will kill ya.

Morgie

Morganna
08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39174

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040826-ATC-pear.JPG

I like this one too! :clap: I have one question, You said "(GO TEALPAINT!!) (is that allowed?!)"

Im not sure I understand the question :) What is Tealpaint? :) Also everything is allowed in ATC :p With some mediums you gotta use your imagination as to how to get it on the card, but anything goes :clap:

Morganna
08-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39171

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040826-ATC-earlymorn-a.jpg

:clap: You've been busy :) I like this allot. Did I mention that I want your house? :) :envy: Gimmie that deed! LOL I looooove the ocean. :clap:

Oh and I was thinking it to be obvious but what does "WC only mean"

Morgie

weckster
08-26-2004, 04:26 PM

I am so enjoying your journey with these paintings. Reminds me of myself when I first started :D

Thanks Chris!! I'm having a fun time doing them :D . The smallness of the pictures means I can fiddle with 3 or 4 at a time, so I can do something else while I'm waiting for a layer on another to dry. It's helping me with colours and testing formats etc. Thanks for your comments

weckster
08-26-2004, 04:35 PM
I have one question, You said "(GO TEALPAINT!!) (is that allowed?!)"

Im not sure I understand the question :) What is Tealpaint? :)

TealPaint is a little digital paint programme that you can use on your PalmPilot. I've had images in my head for years, but was never really taught art. So, one of the first ways I started was with my little TealPaint programme. It's pretty naf now, compared with other big digital programmes, but it got me started. (I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say anything "promotional" about a commercial product).

"WC only" ...I often use watercolour pencils, or pen, as well as watercolour together. I think I meant it was a WC painting without any WC pencil.

BTW - the house - it's mine...allllll mine..... :evil:

(great project morganna)

Morganna
08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info weckster! And Im so glad yall are enjoying my project. I was so nervous at first and now that things seem to be going smoothly I just gave a sigh of relief. Especily now that im all settled in and getting the hang of it. And I seem to be juggling every thing just fine. This and, drawing in the weekly drawing thread. ECT. Its done wonders for practice :D I've been eating drinking and sleeping art here lately. But I wanted to thank all of you for joining in, and thank some of you who havn't said anything yet. Jump in don't be shy. :wave: I won't take your house! :) I want Wecksters house! LOL

Gimmie that house! LOL you do realise that this is going to be an on going joke now don't you? :D LOL

Morgie

Jakeally
08-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Morgie .... you are a doll .... you are doing a terrific job with your first project. You are inspiring me ... I just went and collected the bark off my birch tree. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, I'll think about that tomorrow :D
I think I want Weckster's house too :D

Vegas Art Guy
08-26-2004, 06:50 PM
That is really good to know. Ok, im going to use up the rest of my bottle and experiment when its all gone. :) Im a stickler for saving money. Whew art supplies will kill ya.

Morgie
that is the truth. I got mine from aaron brothers. don't know if they have any out in Maryland or not. I finished my second card. Now I just need to scan it in for all to see...

Godzoned
08-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Debbie! Im happy to see you :clap: All that time in the drawing togeather in the weekly drawing challenge and I had no Idea you were an ATC hound too. LOL Groooooovy!

Just discovered them through your project but I am becoming the "ACT hound" very quickly. These things are addictive. I am thinking of contacting all my artist mates here to tell them about it.

My cards are now in the finished project section..... well in about 5 min....

Vegas Art Guy
08-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39171

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040826-ATC-earlymorn-a.jpg

Totally reminds me of Georgia O' Keefe! Love that blue...

Godzoned
08-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39182

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/45792/tn_geese_tri.jpg

What a wonderful idea! One painting over three cards! :clap:
Awesome. Can I use this idea?

Godzoned
08-26-2004, 07:06 PM

Love this type of painting. You have used appealing colours!
I can see a hill and an awesome rock infront. Very dramatic. All of your ones like this are great. :clap: I "see" something in each of them.

Vegas Art Guy
08-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Wow what a bunch of cool looking cards. I just put mine up as well.

Greg

dbluez
08-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Thank you Debbie.

Triptych is a very old format, so I am sure you could use it. I was hesitant about using it here, but that image and haiku have been floating through my thoughts for a short while and I thought it was a good way to make it concrete.

I do apoligize for uploading a large image. If anyone can help me change the image to the smaller version that is on my hard drive, please let me know.

dbluez
08-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39187

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/23340/tn_line-art-abstract-1wc.jpg

Another good one Vega Art Guy. This one seems to to laugh, smile, and dance. I love it!

dbluez
08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39183

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/41633/tn_flowerseries1.JPG

Fresh flowers :clap: :clap: :clap: I love pen/wash and the way you have done it.

dbluez
08-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39170

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040826-ATC-530amMorning.jpg

I like the right of center look. The focus is still in the center, or even a bit to the left of center, but it feels like looking out a window, so it works well for me.

All your cards draw me in. Thank you for showing them.

Godzoned
08-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I do apoligize for uploading a large image. If anyone can help me change the image to the smaller version that is on my hard drive, please let me know.

First thanks for your comments about my flowers. I really enjoyed doing them. I am usually a perfectionist but tryed breaking out of that by going over the lines and creating movement by doing so.

For the above quote:
Have you got any computer program that alters images eg: Photoshop, Paintshop pro? I can help you use those better or try this....

Open your picture up in "Paint" all PC computers have this program.
Go to the top of your screen and click on the "image" menu
Choose "stretch/skew"
change the horizontal and vertical percentages under stretch to less than 100 (the first two boxes) leave the rest.
press ok
it should "look" smaller
Now save your picture.
You are done.

Hope this helps

dbluez
08-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks Debbie. I really appreciate your detailed answer. I should have been a little more detailed in the problem. I do have a smaller version already ( I use PSP7 ), but uploaded the wrong version (it was 1256 pixels wide). I thought I could edit it and re-upload a smaller ( 600 pixels wide) but have not discovered how to do it. Although I am not at all sure it is a problem. It's file size is small and it should not be too slow in downloading. So I will leave it and try next time to pay a little more atention to the details. LOL

AJR
08-26-2004, 09:53 PM
well, had a go at the cards
:p first time trying ATCs
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2633763#

Jakeally
08-27-2004, 08:51 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39191

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_just_chilling.jpg

Hahahaha ... this is just wonderful. You have a great collection and I found it difficult to choose my favourite. The humour just won out over your graphite tree. Very well done :clap: :clap:

weckster
08-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39182

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/45792/tn_geese_tri.jpg

Each of these is beautiful in itself.....lovely, lovely series :clap: :clap:

weckster
08-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39183

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/41633/tn_flowerseries1.JPG

I love the simplicity of these! Lovely series

weckster
08-27-2004, 09:35 AM
I was so nervous at first and now that things seem to be going smoothly I just gave a sigh of relief. Especily now that im all settled in and getting the hang of it...
A sterling effort, as they say...I admire you for diving in boots and all.

Gimmie that house! LOL you do realise that this is going to be an on going joke now don't you? :D LOL

Morgie

I can tell it's just a challenge for me to draw more to make you fee EVEN MORE JEALOUS :evil: **evil cackle disappearing into the distance**

weckster
08-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39187

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/23340/tn_line-art-abstract-1wc.jpg

More fluid than the last. I can see eyes and ladybirds, and waves and fish and....

Psychodelic! Go the groove!

Vegas Art Guy
08-27-2004, 11:13 AM

More fluid than the last. I can see eyes and ladybirds, and waves and fish and....

Psychodelic! Go the groove!
Wow, didn't even know I put all that in there. It was more like.... groan how am I going to cover up this mistake?

AJR
08-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39191

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_just_chilling.jpg

Hahahaha ... this is just wonderful. You have a great collection and I found it difficult to choose my favourite. The humour just won out over your graphite tree. Very well done :clap: :clap:

thanks, I usually do the cartoon drawings for christmas cards based on my three horses waiting for santa to come.

Vegas Art Guy
08-27-2004, 12:13 PM

LOL! What a great card! What a priceless expression he has!

Vegas Art Guy
08-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39136

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC8.jpg

Very nice. I like the fact that there is no color.

Vegas Art Guy
08-27-2004, 12:15 PM

Very nice rooster. Love the colors!

Mary Woodul
08-27-2004, 01:44 PM
All those cards are so, so good, it hard to believe they are done in such a small space. I better get to work :o After painting large formats this going to be tricky :envy:

sassybird
08-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39194

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_watching_%26_waiting.jpg

This is my favorite of all the ones you have done. Maybe because I love cats, but I like what you used to put this image together.

Mary Woodul
08-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39194

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_watching_%26_waiting.jpg

I agree with Sassy, this is beautiful, you can see in your imagination the expression of the cat. Love it!!!

AJR
08-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39128

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC1.jpg

These pictures are amazing, I am fascinated about how you do them. The way you seem to control the different colours yet they flow together. :clap: :clap:

AJR
08-27-2004, 05:16 PM

This is my favorite of all the ones you have done. Maybe because I love cats, but I like what you used to put this image together.

thnaks, I had the most fun doing the cat because I have never tried doing this type before. Sticking the horse hair in for a tail was a real pain, you near had glued fingers as a tail instead of hair! :p

AJR
08-27-2004, 05:19 PM

Love these, no matter how long you look at them, you are always convinced that you can actual see an image within the drawing. :clap: :clap:

weckster
08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Wow, didn't even know I put all that in there. It was more like.... groan how am I going to cover up this mistake?

LOL....Maybe that's why abstract is great fun. Only the artists knows what it was supposed to look like!

Godzoned
08-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks Debbie. I really appreciate your detailed answer. I should have been a little more detailed in the problem. I do have a smaller version already ( I use PSP7 ), but uploaded the wrong version (it was 1256 pixels wide). I thought I could edit it and re-upload a smaller ( 600 pixels wide) but have not discovered how to do it. Although I am not at all sure it is a problem. It's file size is small and it should not be too slow in downloading. So I will leave it and try next time to pay a little more atention to the details. LOL

No problem dbluez. sorry cannot help with PSP7 I had PSP4 ages ago and forgot how to use that now. I have Photoshop 5 LE now it works for me better.
My detailed instructions are a habbit from teaching computing. Glad you liked them.

Godzoned
08-27-2004, 08:29 PM
I love the simplicity of these! Lovely series

Thanks weckster.

Godzoned
08-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39192

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_song_bird.jpg

Beautiful!
I love blossoms. Its spring here but still raining and snowing.
Lovely picture.
Also love your horse! lol :clap:

Godzoned
08-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39169

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-ATC-flower.JPG

This one is great. the "movement" of the flower is fantasic! :clap:

sassybird
08-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39169

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040824-ATC-flower.JPG

Very nice and loose rendering of this flower. I have seen these before but I don't know the name either. Maybe one of our Aussie friends can tell us.

sassybird
08-28-2004, 01:48 AM

I like these a lot. I love the saying too:) Whoever goes for these is going to have to trade 3 cards.

sassybird
08-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39193

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_tree.jpg

I love trees in the morning mist. This is great:)

sassybird
08-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39192

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_song_bird.jpg

This is really lovely. The soft color is just right for a scene like this.

sassybird
08-28-2004, 01:59 AM

I like this one a lot. It looks like a negative underwater scene.

anney
08-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39204

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040828-Diptych.jpg

That's a nice one indeed. And it's fun o buikd these ATCs together.

Anne

anney
08-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39203

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC24_Anaconda.jpg

Are you starting a serie of 26 ?

Anne

Penny220
08-28-2004, 08:08 AM

For PSP (my favorite program) Image | Resize | OR you can use Shift S to open the window. You then have a pull down that you want to show as pixels. WC limit is 500 W or 600 H. This will give you a large viewable but a small file, you will no longer have to worry about the file size. If you wish to have a smaller viewable then change the dimensions of your image first (inches or metric) and then check to see the pixel dimensions are within the 500 X 600 range. :cat: Be sure to do a Save As or Save Copy As you may want the larger original for later usage and once you reduce your size you can never go back.

Penny220
08-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Question:

If the original is done on a thick paper such as watercolor or card stock would there be a reason to mount it on the back of a card?

Idea:

For those working on a larger surface, cut a template, use the hole as a view finder to see where you card will be, place the card piece in the hole to hold the place, remove the view finder and cut around you card template.

weckster
08-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39203

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC24_Anaconda.jpg

oHMIGOD...They keep coming. And to think there's another 25 to come? You are sooooo prolific!
Nice variant on the decorated letter -

weckster
08-28-2004, 09:45 AM

There's fantastic detail in this for an ATC. And your work is so varied!

Jakeally
08-28-2004, 02:24 PM

I liked your first entry ..... but I love this one..... Superb :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
08-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39204

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040828-Diptych.jpg

Ha!... I love it when people get inspired. This is wonderful :clap: :clap:

sassybird
08-28-2004, 03:23 PM

oHMIGOD...They keep coming. And to think there's another 25 to come? You are sooooo prolific!
Nice variant on the decorated letter -

I don't know if there will be another 25 coming or not.........lol I was watching a preview of that new movie Anaconda when the idea came to me. I am running out of ink, well, black in anyway, and I can't afford to buy more pens at the moment, so if I do continue then it will take awhile.

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:07 PM

I had to get some things done around the house yesturday and this morning. A bunch more to do, but Im not doing anymore. Im wanna go back to my normal irresponsible self :evil:

Its so wonderfull to come back to beautyfull cards :clap:

Chris, thanks so much. :evil: You and I togeather could be a force in taking over Wecksters house! LOL first thing we gotta do is make sure Weckster trades with us first so that we know the addy :evil: LOL see Weckster this will never end LMAO. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the ocean! You would really be in trouble if you lived in sanibel island, because then, you've had it! That house would be Alllllllllllllllllll MINE! Muhhh hahahahhah! ok :) I'll get serious now. Tee hee.

Debbie, Thats it you've had it too. :evil: ATC's will suck you right in and never let go lol. Its more fun than trading cards. I have 3 collections of fantasy art cards that I was addicted to 10 years ago, I had to drive to laural to get em; Once you buy enough packs you end up with zounds of duplicates. This happens when you don't have anyone to trade with, since every body eles was collecting xmen (got some of them too) I still need three cards of each collection I think not counting specials. GRRRRRRRRR LOL. So ATC's are better. The book is going to have to make way for ATC's too. But thats my next up and comming atc tip post.

Weckster LOL I could here you cackling all the way from Maryland LOL Thats it im moving in! :evil: Now you must endure Me and Alex's bad habits LOL Yep he's coming too. He won't like the plane trip but thats just tough nugies! Holy moley! Im going to have to see if I can incorperate my baby sea shell collection!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how, but I've got to at least draw them if I can't actually use them. LOL Ok a mental side track.

All those cards are so, so good, it hard to believe they are done in such a small space. I better get to work :o After painting large formats this going to be tricky :envy:

Mary, don't worry you will find that the small space really isn't that bad. Its just like making a thumb nail sketch somtimes. In a way a little more forgiving in that you don't noodle in detail like large work. Somtimes they inspire large work and somtimes large work inspires an ATC card. I do feel it's helped my large work in allot of ways like that. :) there is no rush either, take your time.

Penny, if the origanal is done on thick enough paper I don't see the need to back it up with anything. :) Also that is an awsome Idea! Im definatly going to add that to my to do list.

Going to go look at cards!

And a thank you note for all of you folks that have just joined. :wave:

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:12 PM

I totally love these cards :clap: I love how you've done every single one, I would not change a thing! :clap: :clap:

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:15 PM

Another stunning card! :clap: Its one of those cards you just have to keep looking at!

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:21 PM

These are by far my fav of yours! :clap: I love all of those colors, and the siloets of the geese are breath taking :clap: I just love it!

I don't remember who said it, but somone mentioned about the multi card idea, I don't remember, but one time I saw a series of cards that were quite abstract (I forgot how many cards they made) but when you put all of the cards togeather they made a whole large non abstract picture. Very neat concept too.

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39181

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_ckickadee.jpg

Great job! Keep em comming your doing great! :clap: :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39196

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_woodpecker.jpg

Good work :clap: Have you though about making the birds a series or just keeping them separate? :) Its up to you. IM in a delema about the shoes, on the same note as to weather or not series them or leave them be. :)

Again nice card :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39188

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_dragons_breath.jpg

COOL! :clap: :clap: Did I mention that I was a dragon nut :p I love it! Thanks for sharing this!

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39189

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_dragons_claw1.jpg

Another stunning card! Ohhhhhhh If you only had an idea what a dragon nut I am im going crazy and drooling at the mouth!

BTW Sorry guys im not sure how to condence my comments into one thread, however this does prevent confusion :D

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39190

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_dragons_claw2.jpg

:clap: I loved the other two so much you know the drill on this one. :evil: I bow before you my dragon master LMAO Keep em coming! :D

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:39 PM

LOL, I love this, you have one heck of a imagination! :clap: He's so cute! :p

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:40 PM

Ok, my favorate of yours so far. Yep, even over the dragons :p which is pretty darn hard to do with me. Simply amazing! :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39193

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_tree.jpg

I love the hazy haunted house feel of this tree. :clap: you have an awsome set of cards.

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:48 PM

Did I mention that I love, love, love little kitty cats too? LOL This is awsome! IM havning just as much fun looking at yalls cards as making them! :clap: Wonderful card, and that was a great Idea for the tail.

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:50 PM

You take my breath away weckster! :clap: :clap: :clap: You gonna have to gimmie that house and all your cards with it :envy: LMAO

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39205

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040428-MOON.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: It may not be the ocean but that is a damn fine card. It sets an incredible mood. I think you've captured it too!

Morgie

Morganna
08-28-2004, 05:02 PM

Sassy, I adore this card! :clap: :clap: It has a feminine (can't spell LOL) feel to it without being soft. :D It would be a great tatoo too. :clap:

Morgie

weckster
08-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39196

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_woodpecker.jpg

I love your series of birds. They're all very delicate. Looking forward to seeing more! ;)

weckster
08-28-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't know if there will be another 25 coming or not.........lol I was watching a preview of that new movie Anaconda when the idea came to me. I am running out of ink, well, black in anyway, and I can't afford to buy more pens at the moment, so if I do continue then it will take awhile.

You just need to go through the alphabet with movies..."Big", "Casablanca", "Dragnet", "ET".....gosh the possiblities are ENDLESS!!!!
.....I love your stuff!!...I want to see more!!

weckster
08-28-2004, 06:20 PM
That's a nice one indeed. And it's fun o buikd these ATCs together.

Anne
Thanks Anne ----It's great fun being inspired. I don't have dbluez sense of abstract that came out so beautifully in the geese (Or VegasGuy's for that matter!).

BTW...I'd like to see some of your work!!!

weckster
08-28-2004, 06:38 PM

Weckster LOL I could here you cackling all the way from Maryland LOL Thats it im moving in! :evil: Now you must endure Me and Alex's bad habits LOL Yep he's coming too. He won't like the plane trip but thats just tough nugies! Holy moley! Im going to have to see if I can incorperate my baby sea shell collection!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how, but I've got to at least draw them if I can't actually use them. LOL Ok a mental side track.

I think you're having FAR TOO MUCH FUN Morgie.
The crunch ... Sydney has no sleet or slushy snow. Hah! It's the end of winter here and I am sitting down in a T-shirt and track-suit pants with the door wide open looking at the sea ....am I being too cruel sending this photo ?:evil: ...I'm working at the table in the foreground...somewhere on the lounge in front is my daughter.
BTW we have a spare bedroom and a granny flat...we could squeeze in a few WCer's!!!

uncertainid
08-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Hello, everyone and thanks to all of you for the kind words about the birds. OH DEAR :rolleyes: :eek: :o

Sassy, those encaustics are stunning. Such color and wonder. They say so much while leaving so much more to the imagination :clap:

weckster, Your cards are so moody and mysterious feeling. I especially love the trees and the diptych. :clap:

AJR, I love your sense of whimsy and fun. Your songbird is fantastic. Such softness and color. I'm so jealous. And that tree is wonderful. I see spingtime there. :clap:

Morgie, I was so surprised when I saw your shoe/boots because I have recently been on a shoe painting kick and have done some still lifes with them ( I thought I was the only one :) ) Then when I looked closer and realized how you did those mosaics I bowed my head in humble submission. What patience, what creativity! I'm hoping to create something that will stun you senseless so I can aquire one of those for myself :evil: :clap:

dbluez, that triptych was a stroke of genius. I love it. Jo Jo is adorable. I have a good friend who is ten and I can see her in this drawing. :clap:

Vegas art guy, your pen and inks blew me away. I'm a big fan of this kind of intricate work. Perhaps I can stun both you AND morgie and make off with one from BOTH of you :evil: :clap:

Godzoned, If you read your PM you know what I think of your work. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. :D :clap:

If I've been slow to post here, please forgive me. Between day job, family obligations and trying to get a little time to make atc's, I haven't had much computer time. I have been dropping in on the project regularly, tho, and admiring every single card I've looked at. You guys are all great!
sara

sassybird
08-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39174

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040826-ATC-pear.JPG

This looks nice and edible:D I love pears.

sassybird
08-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39172

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/37194/tn_040826-ATC-BotanyBayRainyEve.jpg

I love these swatches of landscapes you are doing.

sassybird
08-29-2004, 01:23 AM

The woodpecker is adorable. We have a lot of them around where I live, and they can be quite noisy.

Potitos73
08-29-2004, 05:37 AM
Hi!!!

Sorry if I'm walking on treaded ground, but the thread is so long I've had to skim through it! First of all, let me tell you ATC are a brilliant idea :clap:
I am a very stressed person and they are just such a non imposing project, I just love'em!

I use as a mastercard (excuse the pun) a Magic: The Gathering trading card game as a stencil for my cardboard, and recycle whatever is left as bookmarks. I don't know if any rules are set for how to swap, but I'd be grateful if anyone could shed a bit of light on this!

Thank you folks and I hope to be swapping soon!

Mar

Morganna
08-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Oh Weckster That was mean :evil: LOL Meanie! LOL. You may have the ocean but I've got a chipmonk family! :evil: Yeh, and thier as cute as bugs ears. LMAO. But I want the ocean and my chipmonks LOL. Seriously Thanks for sharing the photo LOL You have an awsome house! :clap: ....but its mine!

LOL I told you that we won't see the end of that one LMAO.

Hey folks we got 27 peeps! :clap: Someone stop me, I got my finger shanking on the button tempted to make it bigger. But I'll behave and wait until we're settled better :evil:

sara, its ok if you've been away a spell. We can't always be here :) Heck some of us (LOL me) are here even when we shouldn't lol that is the lure of WC :evil: Im about as responsible as a knat, thats why yall see me so much. Thanks so much for your comment on my boot that means alot because when you set out to do somthing pretty odd somtimes one worries about it being a dingus idea :D . But to be honest the mosiac cards were not that bad. LOL it was the cutting that was boring. It kind of put me in a trance like relaxed state. That was the reason I was sad to finish them. It was like not having to think because I did all that thinking ahead of time :D I have another one bouncing in my brain, but next time im not using paper. Yall are just going to have to see.

Potitos73, Welcome :clap: :clap: If you've got in questions feel free to ask and your on welcome ground so you don't have to worry :clap:

See yall in a bit!

Morgie

Potitos73
08-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks for your warm welcome!
I've uploaded a couple of cards and for some reason they appear a lot bigger than their actual size (I'm following the project directions, and I scanned them directly to my PC, but I must have done something wrong). I apologize if they are too big and I'll try and solve this now :D

Godzoned
08-29-2004, 04:54 PM

ohhh you beat me! I have so many ideas its hard to keep up with them all.
Paint, paint..... must paint!

Godzoned
08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi!!!

Sorry if I'm walking on treaded ground, but the thread is so long I've had to skim through it! First of all, let me tell you ATC are a brilliant idea :clap:
I am a very stressed person and they are just such a non imposing project, I just love'em!

I use as a mastercard (excuse the pun) a Magic: The Gathering trading card game as a stencil for my cardboard, and recycle whatever is left as bookmarks. I don't know if any rules are set for how to swap, but I'd be grateful if anyone could shed a bit of light on this!

Thank you folks and I hope to be swapping soon!

Mar

An ATC mustn't be sold, only exchanged, as the whole essence of these tiny works of art is about artists meeting (by correspondence or online if need be) and exchanging their works, thus meeting many artists and getting exposed to many personal styles. One card for one card. No "mine is better than yours so 2 of yours for one of mine" mentality. Each card is unique. If you don't like the cards don't swap with them. Simple.

I have already asked UnCertainid to swap my set of flowers with her set of birds. Can't wait to recieve them.

On the back of each ATC the artist writes part or all of the following information: name, contact information, title of the ATC and number (1/8, 2/8...) if it's part of an edition. By definition ATCs are made in limited numbers, often no more than one of a kind. Unique ATCs are called originals; sets of identical ATCs are called editions and are numbered; sets of ATCs that are based on one theme but that are different are called series. Don't be intimidated by the concept of small editions or originals. What most collectors really want are cards that were made with care. Also put your country of origin on the card. Collectors like to know where the cards came from.

Godzoned
08-29-2004, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Penny220]Question:

If the original is done on a thick paper such as watercolor or card stock would there be a reason to mount it on the back of a card?
[QUOTE]

I have done mine on watercolour (300gsm) paper - it is pretty think like card so I am not going to mount it on card as well. That just costs extra! As long as the paper you use is as thick as card don't worry - that is my theory. :wink2:

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Debbie Thanks for helping answering folks questions :clap: Awsome! a first trade for ya WHooo hooo.

I have a question. We should mark when Cards have been traded. IS there anyway to eddit our card description after they have been traded? I havn't really thought of this one until now. Hmmmm IM going to check that out gimme a minute

Morgie

Godzoned
08-29-2004, 05:23 PM
I have a question. We should mark when Cards have been traded. IS there anyway to eddit our card description after they have been traded? I havn't really thought of this one until now. Hmmmm IM going to check that out gimme a minute

Morgie

Good point.
Maybe the person we trade with should put the date of trade on the back of the cards. Maybe easier for those already traded.

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39214

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC28.jpg

Wow Sassy this one is awsome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I looked and there is no way. Well Deb we will use that Idea, and we should also comment on our own thread, kind of bring it up and say that it was traded. :) Im going to see some of our new cards. I can't comment on all of them today If I want to get crackin, because I want to get some more scanned in, and do some drawing/ATC in. :D

Morgie

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39211

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC26.jpg

I can't get over the wonderfull 3D effect here :clap: :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39219

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/29115/tn_Flowers.jpg

It was very hard to choose my favorate of yours so far because I love the colors on your second one, but this is my fav of all your latest! :clap: :clap: Thanks so much for sharing. They are mega cool

Morgie

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39226

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/41633/tn_ButterflySeries2.JPG

Deb! They are absolutly adorable! :clap: :clap: :clap: And wow how did you know which butterflies were named what :p LOL I wouldn't know I would be like Purrdy fly 1, purddy fly 2 LMAO Groovy! :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39218

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/35656/tn_Plump_legs.jpg

Im glad to see you having fun :clap: :clap: Great job by the way. :)

Morgie

Morganna
08-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39224

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/35656/tn_solar.jpg

Awsome! Keep them comming :clap: I like this one lots!

Morige

AJR
08-29-2004, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=Morganna]Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39194

Did I mention that I love, love, love little kitty cats too? LOL This is awsome! IM havning just as much fun looking at yalls cards as making them! :clap: Wonderful card, and that was a great Idea for the tail.

Thanks for liking my cards, I have been going through a bad dry spell and this project has got the juices flowing. The only problem I now have is which style to concentrate on!!!

AJR
08-29-2004, 09:37 PM
OK, first attempt at a series? Visited my horses in the field and they were lined up in a neat little row swatting flies, hence the elite swat team.

Hope you enjoy and have a chuckle.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39230

uncertainid
08-29-2004, 10:47 PM
regarding this entry:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39230
How adorable. I love their expressions. We used to live across the road from a horse who would come to the fence and whinny and stare into our yard until someone went over and petted him. He used to look just like this when he saw someone comming....big cheesy "I gotcha" horse grin. Great job!
sara

uncertainid
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community...&entry_id=39226

Omigosh! You've done it again Debbie. Stunning work!!!
sara

uncertainid
08-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community...&entry_id=39219

Wow, Gudrun,this is gorgeous! Love these colors and the watery effect.
Can you tell me what a hot pen is?
sara

BTW: I dont seem to have the knack of getting the thumbnail to follow the link into my post. Sorry.

Gudrun
08-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community...&entry_id=39219

Wow, Gudrun,this is gorgeous! Love these colors and the watery effect.
Can you tell me what a hot pen is?
sara

BTW: I dont seem to have the knack of getting the thumbnail to follow the link into my post. Sorry.

A hotpen is a heatable pen, like a feather where you wrote with ink in the past...For encaustic it's necessary to have heatable tools to bring up the wax, because you have to melt it. If you start with encaustic (or often kids do that), you use an iron, a little iron similar like a travel iron for your cloth.You don't have to know anything about painting except to melt the wax on the iron and bring it up,like you iron the clothe, colors mix themselfes and flow one in another.. brings awefule effects in seconds without training anything..
Later if you go on with encaustics you have hotplates, heatable brushes, spatulas, hot air guns and all those stuff or you melt the wax and paint with a normal brush.I often heat up the paper and paint with wax directly.But the hotpen is like a pen where the wax melts inside.

Godzoned
08-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Deb! They are absolutly adorable! :clap: :clap: :clap: And wow how did you know which butterflies were named what :p LOL I wouldn't know I would be like Purrdy fly 1, purddy fly 2 LMAO Groovy! :clap:

Morgie

Thank you.
I looked up the pictures and names up on the internet. If I do animals/plants I like to put there proper names on them. Helps me learn new things too. ;)

Godzoned
08-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39212

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC27.jpg

Fantastic!
Looks like a dragon or alien that has just discovered the bad side of drinking all night! :clap: :wink2:

anney
08-30-2004, 03:15 AM
Well Deb we will use that Idea, and we should also comment on our own thread, kind of bring it up and say that it was traded. :)

Hello,

I think what Deb ment is to edit the title of the project entry (when in the "Art project system", click on My Project!, then "Browse/Edit" and you can edit any of your projects entries.

Nothing done yet on my side, but I have a 6 weeks baby to take care of... So far I've just managed to cut some cards.

Anne

Godzoned
08-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Hello,

I think what Deb ment is to edit the title of the project entry (when in the "Art project system", click on My Project!, then "Browse/Edit" and you can edit any of your projects entries.

Nothing done yet on my side, but I have a 6 weeks baby to take care of... So far I've just managed to cut some cards.

Anne

Thanks Anne. Its done.
And Congrads on your baby.
My little girl is 11 weeks old. I know how precious time is. It gets easier to fit things in once on a routine.

anney
08-30-2004, 04:13 AM
And Congrads on your baby.
My little girl is 11 weeks old. I know how precious time is. It gets easier to fit things in once on a routine.

Congrats on your baby too!

Actually it's my second child, I also have a 5 year-old boy.

Anne

uncertainid
08-30-2004, 08:01 AM
A hotpen is a heatable pen, like a feather where you wrote with ink in the past...
Thanks for the explaination. Encaustic is one of the few mediums I haven't tried. A local gallery had three small works from an Italian artist a year or so ago. They were breathtaking and I coveted one shamelessly. When they finally sold I played around with the idea of trying it but never went anywhere with it. Seeing all this beautiful work makes me think about it again....Maybe in the future.
sara

Morganna
08-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39231

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/40366/tn_dits_n_dots_1_and_2.jpg

This certainly is an interesting idea! Great cards! :clap:

Morgie

Morganna
08-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39233

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC29_B_for__Berries.jpg

This is awsome Sassy :clap: You've been on fire with the card creation :clap: :clap: I love this! are you going for the whole alphebet? This really is a cool idea.

Morgie

SherylG
08-30-2004, 01:21 PM
I think its a great idea. I'm ready to start something new today! I have some canvas card especially for painting on that I could cut down to that size. Would that be okay to use?

I have exchanged seeds with other gardeners from all over the world and have had no postal problems. The cards should be okay in a regular envelope with a piece of bubblewrap or a bubble envelope, although these will cost more to mail. Seeds are fine like this, anyway. You can always write "fragile, please hand stamp" on the envelope. Even the cheapest mail goes to Europe by plane these days. I've sent seeds the cheapest, longest possible way and they've always arrived in Europe and South America in 2-3 weeks at the most, sometimes sooner. You will have to list the contents and value (keep it cheap) on the envelope and be sure to write "GIFT" so duty is not charged. Its a bit more costly to mail to other countries, but always less than 1.50 per envelope.

Hope this helps! I'm looking forward to painting these tiny paintings! Can we reproduce them by computer/printer and only send copies, if this is clarified at the outset?

I have a lot of ideas for a series of paintings, this is exciting!

Morganna
08-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks Sheryl! Yep you can use canvas, I have. Just as long as its right sized and reasonable thickness. :wave:

Thanks for the mail tips too. Mail tips are always very, very welcomed. Especily the "Gift" thing, I would have messed up with that one.

On the other question, you can do that. Many folks who work with digital art do this as well as other folks. Its up to you how you make your cards :D

Remember (if you havn't already read)

Series is a themed set of cards but are differnet.

Editions are the same cards but are numbered and kept limited.

And orig. Is self explanitory I think.

I got a more in dept discription somwhere in this thread; Also it would be a good idea to read my easy and pain in the butt methods in this thread. :)

Thanks a bunch :wave:

Morgie

sassybird
08-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39233

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/1355/tn_AC29_B_for__Berries.jpg

This is awsome Sassy :clap: You've been on fire with the card creation :clap: :clap: I love this! are you going for the whole alphebet? This really is a cool idea.

Morgie

I'm not sure yet. I'm taking things one day at a time........lol

sassybird
08-30-2004, 03:42 PM

I really love these fruit cards.....lol Makes me hungry every time I look at them.

sassybird
08-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39230

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_SWAT_TEAM.jpg

ROFL These art too too cool:D I love the titles, they fit so well with the images. You are on a roll, keep it up! I still ove that cat pic the best though (hint hint):D

SherylG
08-30-2004, 03:46 PM
I have wanted to do a series of endangered species, especialy the birds and their nests. Maybe I'll do them for these cards and keep the originals, or sell the set, but print off signed and numbered editions for trading. Will this be okay with everyone? I don't want to short other artists who are trading their originals.

Potitos73
08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
This is getting addictive! I've made three cards today (one will never be posted :rolleyes: not that good). This project has been a real eye opener to me, specially concerning the possibilities of digital media! And I've discovered a watercolor notebook were two cards fit perfectly across -you get a bit of margin lenghtwise, but it's still very good value for money as the paper waste is minimal. It's called "Acuarela Estudio" and the brand is Artist. I don't know if it's available overseas, but I may ask, if anyone's interested...

Good night, people!

Mar

sassybird
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39218

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/35656/tn_Plump_legs.jpg

I love these partial figure drawings of your's. This one I can identify with:)

sassybird
08-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39223

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/29115/tn_Hoehle_Blume.jpg

I love this piece. I have never thought of trying the encaustics on canvas paper. You got some great texture. What type of brush are you using? I have been wanting to try the encaustics on wood, but I didn't want to mess up my brushes. I have a wire brush that came with my stylus. Is that what you are using?

AJR
08-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39230

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/46063/tn_SWAT_TEAM.jpg

ROFL These art too too cool:D I love the titles, they fit so well with the images. You are on a roll, keep it up! I still ove that cat pic the best though (hint hint):D

If you want to swop for the cat card, you are most welcome :cat:

sassybird
08-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39226

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/41633/tn_ButterflySeries2.JPG

Another beautiful series. I really like the butterflys and the little legend you add telling us what kind they are.

Godzoned
08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Another beautiful series. I really like the butterflys and the little legend you add telling us what kind they are.

Thank you.
All cards are marked on the back of what kind they are too.
I'm going to start working on "unusual" individual cards now. In the same medium.
Just have the weekly drawing thread and the alternative CD's projects to do too as well as looking after my little one...... hmmmmm love art, love keeping busy!

Godzoned
08-30-2004, 04:49 PM

Very cool!
Love your cartoon work!
I want to swap. But have to start working on more cards! One set swapped already and another waiting on a reply.

by the way another site where you can view other ACT's and swap them.....
Very cool stuff just look under "Pictures" and you can see all the albums with ACT's in them.

Godzoned
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39240

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/35656/tn_Reading_by_the_sea.jpg

Very nice look.
relaxing and mythical.
Thanks for sharing this piece.

weckster
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM

Very cute! Nothing wrong with plump white legs! Great, simple composition too Love it!

weckster
08-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39241

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/35656/tn_moulin_rouge.jpg
Great collage!
Gee...how do cut out little things and stick em all together like that (spose I should ask Morganna!).

I can't believe how different everyone's work is....

BTW - WELCOME! Isn't this fun???

weckster
08-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39220

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/29115/tn_Spachtel_Blume.jpg

Hi Gudrun!
Those encaustics are out again! Love this flower in particular.

weckster
08-30-2004, 05:03 PM

ROTFLMAO!
Neigh!

AJR
08-30-2004, 06:49 PM

Very cool!
Love your cartoon work!
I want to swap. But have to start working on more cards! One set swapped already and another waiting on a reply.

by the way another site where you can view other ACT's and swap them.....
Very cool stuff just look under "Pictures" and you can see all the albums with ACT's in them.

Don't worry Deb, if when you want to swop these are gone, I have a huge imagination of cartoon cards stuck in my head.............it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!! :p

AJR
08-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39223

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/29115/tn_Hoehle_Blume.jpg

These are beautiful, it takes you into peaceful world. Love them. :clap: :clap:

AJR
08-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39240

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/35656/tn_Reading_by_the_sea.jpg

Love this one the most. You can just imagine going back in time and accidently intruding on this woman's reading time outdoors!

AJR
08-30-2004, 06:57 PM

This care is beautiful. I have problems doing work like this because I try to put too much detail in, but you have it perfect. Great job! :clap:

Godzoned
08-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Baked a banana and passionfruit cake then iced it, cleaned the bathroom, looked after my daughter, ate lunch and breakfast, watched tv and managed to do 4 trading cards...... Does that deserve a gold medal? :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm now I have to do the dishes, cook tea, go to the toilet........Bla bla bla.... :wave:

uncertainid
08-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39246

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/41633/tn_Toilet1.JPG

Debbie, I love this. An alternate title might be " How I feel at the moment" :)
sara
BTW I figured out how to comment correctly! Yeah! :angel:

Gudrun
08-30-2004, 11:12 PM

I love this piece. I have never thought of trying the encaustics on canvas paper. You got some great texture. What type of brush are you using? I have been wanting to try the encaustics on wood, but I didn't want to mess up my brushes. I have a wire brush that came with my stylus. Is that what you are using?

You can either use the wire brush coming with the stylus , what has the advantage that it's always hot and you can use cold wax. Or you use normal brushes from pig bristles (hope that is the correct word, have no idea in english) and melt the wax and paint with those brush, but of course you can use this brushes only for encaustic than and the best is to have one special brush for every colour....you can clean them with clear wax and you have to be quick with painting, because once the wax is at the bristles and goes out of the "hot pot" it will harden in a quick way...

sassybird
08-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Thank you, Gundrun. I am going to have to stock up on some more cakes before I go that direction. I really like the effects you get with your work. I am going to give the canvas paper a try, and use the stylus to build up the wax in areas. I really love this medium. I have only been using it about a year.

Godzoned
08-31-2004, 01:02 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=39246

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/728/completed/41633/tn_Toilet1.JPG

Debbie, I love this. An alternate title might be " How I feel at the moment" :)
sara
BTW I figured out how to comment correctly! Yeah! :angel:

lol
Thankyou

Godzoned
08-31-2004, 01:17 AM
This is a list of cards I'd like to trade with:

AJR - Just Chilling, songbird, The elete SWAT team.

Sassybird - AC2, AC25, AC27.

Weckster - Storm over sydney harbour.

Potitos73 - Berlin, Moulin rouge.

I am doing cards almost everyday and posting them up as I do them. Are these cards listed still free to swap with? (AJR - I know that the elete swat team is gone but is Just Chilling and songbird?)

Gee, I really have a diverse taste!

Potitos73
08-31-2004, 03:02 AM

One word: AMAZING! :clap:

weckster
08-31-2004, 03:17 AM

Like your berries :)

weckster
08-31-2004, 03:23 AM
Thanks AJR and Potitos73...(re: Sydney Harbour duet).

Gosh...thinking about getting down and doing more stuff :) A BIG HELLO everyone.

Yep Godzoned....sounds like you do deserve a gold medal for doing four at once!! (Cute loo!)