PDA

View Full Version : Wearable Art Forum, Fiber Arts

AlaskaBarb
08-20-2004, 03:49 PM
I'd sure like to see a separate forum catagory just for fiber arts, instead of it being lumped together with 'wearable art.' It's a wholly distinct discipline, which includes fine art pieces which are not items of apparel.

Just my opinion.

Barb

sassybird
08-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Barb, most of the work that you are talking about would be found over in the Mixed/Alternative medium forum. Right now we just don't have enough people interested in fibers to form a separate forum. I can only think of half a dozen people or so that work in fibers on the whole site.

AlaskaBarb
08-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Barb, most of the work that you are talking about would be found over in the Mixed/Alternative medium forum. Right now we just don't have enough people interested in fibers to form a separate forum. I can only think of half a dozen people or so that work in fibers on the whole site.

Okay, I can appreciate that. They probably have their own websites.

Just as an aside, the description header for Mixed Media didn't lead me to believe it was a venue for fiber art, though I guess the word "other" could be interpreted that way:

Mixed Media/Alternative Materials/Other Media
Do you refuse to limit yourself to one medium in your work, or use unorthodox materials on unusual surfaces? Does your art cross the boundaries between painting and sculpture? If so, come join us in possibly the most creative forum of all.

Thanks again, :p
Barb

sassybird
08-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Yep, we only have so many words that we can use for forum descriptions, but there are a lot of fiber artists over there. I'm going to be starting a new piece very soon. May do a WIP for it. I do everything from sculpture to embroidery in fibers, and I love using old potato sacs........lol