PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At! - Friday August 20

Beads-Me!
08-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi there! Thought I better start this one before I go to bed because I don't know how much time I'll have tomorrow. We're headed out for a weekend sail to transport a 41 foot sailboat to Indiana for a boat show next weekend. It should he a lot of fun. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not freeze us out! I'm bringing along some beading projects since we'll be on the boat all weekend long. So I hope to have some newthings to show you next week. I picked up some new fibers today and I'm itching to play with them!!

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be back Sunday night with some pictures of our weekend hopefully! .........Take care! :wave:

McDuck
08-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Nancy, have a safe trip and enjoy! Make us some pretties to look at!

Hello good evening good morning good day! I will be VERY busy for teh rest of the weekend and lil time to come play here. I am posting three things I made today in the show and tell after I finish here.

Hope you all have a Wonderful weekend!
mary

DonnaBee
08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
HI Nancy!!!! Have the very best time! Can't wait to see your creations!

Hi Mary! Good luck at the garage sale! I know how much work they are! But it is fun to collect the ca$h. :D I answered your PM yesterday, BTW! Just want to make sure you know that! I really believe they sometimes get lost.

I miss your posts Barrie!!!!

Welp, "hello" to everyone who follows for the Friday Wear It's At! We have a very special group here. May it thrive and grow for years and years! :)

I plan to be here for many years to come, sharing words and Wearable Creations!

Barrie
08-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Happy wsailing Nancy!! Enjoy your weekend!

Mary, good luck at the garage sale! When's that show of yours? Have a little funt his weekend anyway, will ya?!?

:wave: Donna!! I keep sneaking in on my friend's computer cause I just can't go without my WC for a whole week!! Yikes!! Fate worse than death, I tell ya!! Hope your little guy's enjoying his eye patch freedom!!

Had a super successful class today, wore me out big time!! I'm heading to bed shortly, and it's only 9:40 west coast time! Boy is it ever HOT in this town!!! Darn good thing my friend has an air conditioned house!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Hugs and all that jazz!!

toozygoot
08-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Nancy - sounds like a great weekend! Have tons of fun! I know you will.

Mary - good luck from me too on your garage sale!

Donna - I echo your sentiments about this special group here in WA as well as all the glassies. I sure have missed everyone!

Barrie - hope you got a great night's sleep and are raring to go in the morning!

It's been a pretty quiet week for me but I think I am ready to get back into the swing of things. Just can't sleep! And our computer got fried again after yet another lightning strike! Dennis is home again and I am on his laptop. Very hard to type without typos!

Well, I am going to try to get back to sleep!

McDuck
08-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Hello Barrie- glad to hear you made yourself a lil something, and hey, i have worked with copper before, just dont have any mathcing solder :mad:

Pat my friend, *huggles*<:D> (i hope that worked it is supposed to be a hug) I have missed you so much over here. You have been in my prayers.

-Mary

LLane
08-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Good morning all.... I'm back at my computer after a couple of days in Key West...... and look at this little guy. :wave: Isn't that the cutest?? (I know you all have probably seen if for a week! :wink2: .... but they are new to me!

KW was fabulous..... but hot... we had a brief shower one night and other than that.. missed all the rain. Charley left a ton of seaweed and other plant debris on the beaches and downed branches all over the island and the heat was really "cooking" it so the waterfront was not the best place to be. (need a P-U icon!) But it is easier to deal with than the other clean up where the storm made landfall. My heart goes out to all those people. Got lots of decisions made on the house and moving right along... met with cabinet maker.... I just LOVE the cabinets I picked and I'm going to make the hardware/knobs out of glass!!

Oh Mary..... garage sale.... I feel your pain. Do you know that I have a mess in my garage still waiting to be cleaned up from mine from two weeks ago??? Hope you do well.

Nancy.... be safe and have fun..... miss you sis!!! :crying:
Pat..... sorry to hear about you puter.... glad you can still come in and say hi!
Barrie.... congrats on your class.... take some time to breathe!!

To all..... a fab weekend! I'm glad to be back .... but I don't think I have time to catch up on all the threads.... so be sure and let me know if I missed something real important! :D

Peace & productivity!
Lois

beclectic
08-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi Everybody,

Nancy - Have a great weekend.

Mary - wasn't there something said about silver getting coated with copper if you used a certain type of tongs in the acid bath? Couldn't you use that process to coat the silver solder with copper on purpose?

Toozy - if y'all are having that many lightning strikes maybe you should keep your computer unplugged unless you are using it. I know it is inconvenient but boy, who wants to be fixing a fried computer. I'm really sorry to hear about your computer. That would drive me crazy.

Barrie - I'm glad you are getting a chance to say hello to us and also congrats that your class is going so well. I really enjoyed your last batch of pictures of your students and their work so I'm looking forward to this one.

Donna - just waving Hi! :wave: I'm so happy you are here more now.

And in relationship to nothing - I just heard that Halstead Beads has Swarovski sterling silver rondells set with rhinestones for anyone interested in those.

BTW, I did find all those aggrivating CDs I was looking for yesterday. I also paired down the required programs that have to go on the special reconfigured computer by close questioning of the person in charge of this new employee. I'm all for keeping it as simple as possible.

I get to go to the bead store tonight if Roger picks me up in time otherwise I'm going tomorrow morning. It's the cat's meow. :cat:

Have a fun and productive day.

Edited to add: Lois - glad you're back. I recommend that you read the thread on men's jewelry started by Flexguy. I rated it Excellent and I think you'll enjoy it.

McDuck
08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Pat- I forgot to add that i am so sorry to hear about your computer. The unplugging idea is a good one!

lois- so nice to see your bright shiney face again. Sorry to hear about the seaweed and unpleasant smell. Our garage sale is slow but going good so far.

Barbara, pick me up a few beads whilst you are there okay?

mary

beclectic
08-20-2004, 10:17 AM
<snip>

Barbara, pick me up a few beads whilst you are there okay?

mary

Anything in particular or just any old thing that strikes my fancy? I know maybe something that will go with copper (the new pink) right? ROFLMAO

McDuck
08-20-2004, 10:29 AM
yeah yeah that's it Barabara, I guess you saw that movie too? LOL anything that goes with copper ;) :wink2:

beclectic
08-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Yes we saw the movie although for the life of me I can't remember what the name of the movie was. Anyway, it is so funny that you said that (the new pink) because we paraphrase that phrase a lot around the house.