PDA

View Full Version : Mahogany

woodcarver
10-14-2001, 09:45 PM
This is a scan of the unfinished sculpture, its in mahogany and measures 15"X10". It is finished, but I love this scan shot:)

Jan-Michael
10-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Just beautiful my friend...:) you should post this in the Critique Discussions forum as well... usually get more input there :)

reynolds
10-18-2001, 03:11 PM
i need to look in my synonym books to come up with some different words to use, she is wonderful even unfinished, i feel like she could be on the front of an old fashioned frigate.
where did the inspiration come from?
was it a photo, myth or just from your heart?

sandge
10-19-2001, 06:29 PM
Beautiful!

Please tell us how you approach your work -- I would love to know more. Do you do a lot of sketching and planning? What more will you do to this piece?

Thanks for sharing. :D

auntie_chaos
11-02-2001, 04:00 AM
Beautiful!! I've always wished I could work with wood like this! Excellent job. What more can I say???!!! Thanx for sharing and please show more like this! :)

diane555
11-09-2001, 10:24 PM
Hello Woodcarver

Very very beautifully done. She is simple and elegant. I have always loved working with wood and now you make me want to beg my mother to mail my carving tools. LOL Hope to see more of your work soon. Which mahogony? Phillipines or Honduras? Wood does scan beautifully. Sometimes I like them more than my carvings.

Di

Sandi
11-09-2001, 10:58 PM
This is so full of life and love. I agree with Reynolds, this works as is, it's so beautifully done.