PDA

View Full Version : quick one

bnoonan
08-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi there,

This painting was completed in 2 hours with a live and beautiful model. I really enjoyed adding as much color as I could muster. I'm not going to work on this any more - the passion came with the moment and if there are any errors, I'll live with them. Wallis Paper 11.5 x 17"

The other is a graphite sketch from another modeling session with her. She does have a striking profile.

Thanks for looking.

Barb

SweetBabyJ
08-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Wow! What a catch! TWO catches, really. GREAT work, Barb- masterfully done.

bnoonan
08-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks Julie - I love this model - her face is so strong!

Barb

Dark_Shades
08-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Both are most impressive...... dont think Ive ever seen a sketch from you before...... you have a lovely hand....... and she does have a wonderful face to draw from....... what gorgeous colours..... and exstensively impressive no matter the time frame....... but even more so, knowing the quickness....... love the crop..... excellent pieces...... well done indeed.... think will put these in my fav's of yours

bnoonan
08-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Dawn - thanks so much. I feel honored you'll put me in the fav. category.

Barb

Paula Ford
08-19-2004, 09:41 PM
WOW...gorgeous!

Paula

Khadres
08-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh, this IS lovely! Doesn't she have a wonderful old world sort of character??? Sheesh, you get some really cool models out there! But then again...it's your skill that catches the spark and you just keep gettin' better and better and....well, better! Great work!

Dyin
08-19-2004, 10:14 PM
durn girl, you can wield a pencil!!! :eek: Am much impressed with that...and love the rawness of the pastel...you really nailed the eye and love the neck shadows. :clap:

Deborah Secor
08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
HooooWhee, girl! LUSH color--just dripping with juice. What a face! And I agree, the crop is perfect.

That drawing is absolutely masterful. Drop dead, kick me in the knee, gorgeous. Mmmm, mmm, mmm.

Deborah

K Taylor-Green
08-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Well gee, I think everyone used up all the good words. Alll they left was stupendous and awesome!! Really great, Barb.

prestonsega
08-20-2004, 12:16 AM
This is one I am going to study many times,,heck, I've already been back to it 3 times while trying to read the responses.....I think we are ready for a new portrait demo... :cool:

soap
08-20-2004, 03:37 AM
Fantastic work. I do love how you use your colours!! I'd cut off a bit of the breast (seems slightly underworked compared to that marvellous face) and frame it. It is great work - great crop on the top, expressive face and expressive use of paint.
Wonderful. Would make a great picture on my newly decorated walls......:D

Nice to see your work so regularly. Those colours are always inspiring to me.

bnoonan
08-20-2004, 11:33 AM
What a wonderful way to open up a thread and see so many great compliments. Oh - I have to say i love it!! (who wouldn't?)

Sophie - aren't you going to be buying baby artwork? Oh and it will be on my web site for sale eventually. I agree about the nipple and breast but this was all about pushing the composition.

Preston - not sure if the demo will reveal anything since I'd hate to stop and be interrupted when I'm working so fast. The assignment was... fill the paper with at least 75% of the model and take advantage of all the negative space to define the composition.

Kate, Dee, Sue, Sooz, Paula - thanks so much - glad you are liking this and am really glad to hear my work improves. Hard to see much change at times.

Barb