PDA

View Full Version : Raku-Frit Hog-Pics-Pics and more Pics!

JoyceMI
08-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Thought I would start a thread for the Raku-Frits from Val. I love this frit. It gives lots of different colors depending on the glass you use it with. It seems to like reactive glass the best though, I think. Any one else have pics with this frit post them here. Would like to see more!

I dont really like snakes, but this frit just called for a snake to be made! :rolleyes: :p

JoyceMI
08-19-2004, 10:50 AM
:wave:
More! :D

dgg112
08-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Thought I would start a thread for the Raku-Frits from Val. I love this frit. It gives lots of different colors depending on the glass you use it with. It seems to like reactive glass the best though, I think. Any one else have pics with this frit post them here. Would like to see more!

I dont really like snakes, but this frit just called for a snake to be made! :rolleyes: :p

Joyce these are incredible!!!!!!!!!! I love the snake too!! The colors are so beautiful!!!!!
I wasn't quick enough on the raku, there appeared to be a bunch of stalkers who snapped it up right away!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm were you one of the stalkers?????? LOL
Oh well I believe Val said she'd have more next week, guess I'll have to start stalking earlier in the day!!!!

dgg112
08-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh and I've been meaning to tell you I LOVE the dog!! I have a fawn great dane too. Love them!!!!!!!!

TwistNglass
08-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Joyce,

Those are all just beautiful! Love that heart and the snake, wow! Have you found that marvering brings out the blues? I thought I got the best colors when I marvered a lot. Here is a bead I posted the other day, but what the heck.

Rose

mtbarr
08-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Joyce and Rose
Beautiful beads..love the snake, too. And thanks, Rose, for the marvering tip. I have some of this frit and plan to play with it today.. ...

JoyceMI
08-19-2004, 11:31 AM
dgg112- I had got the frit in the Frit of the month set she had which had larger sized frit in it. I also just ordered the smaller sized frit the other day too! Me is a pig! LOL :rolleyes: and Yes I had to stalk her site! Almost missed out but got some.

Rose- Love the bead! I did do a lot of marvering with my brass stump shaper too. I think it did help to bring out the teal colors in it, but then I'm not sure because I didn't really test any by not doing any marvering. Might be something to test the difference with.

I actually kept a glass of ice water and a wash cloth at my side and kept cooling the brass and remarvering. I think on Val's site she mentioned cold brass to bring out the colors. So I thought I would keep cooling down my brass shaper after it heats up from marvering.

TwistNglass
08-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Another tip:

That caramel color that shows in Joyce's 2nd bead. When I got that I loaded more frit on and it covered it up. But, later I found that it will turn blue if you keep working it so play with that. Not sure how I got it, but that's the fun of it.

Rose

Tink
08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Beautiful! What glass is this, exactly? Is it a mix?

TwistNglass
08-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Tink,

It's Val's new Raku Jitterbug. I think it is a mix.

Rose

Beth Myers
08-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Joyce,
Just one question, do you like this frit? :D LOL!
Looks like you are having a lot of fun, enjoy!
Beth

JoyceMI
08-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Joyce,
Just one question, do you like this frit? :D LOL!
Looks like you are having a lot of fun, enjoy!
Beth

Naahhh! LOL :rolleyes:

!Karen
08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Well it's been so hot & miserable here, I can only make about two beads before my shop is well over 100 degrees! Blech!

But I started thinking about this frit with dark dark ivory and tongue pink - both of which I have never liked. Not to shabby - Maybe I'll be able to use this glass now!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2004/33050-rakufrit1.jpg

Forgive my photo skills, they suck.

You can see on the left bead where the bead squeeze touched the bead for fast cooling in the middle, it turned wonderful yellow/green shimmery iridized colors. The caramel edges show how the frit reacted with just regular air cooling.

The bead on the right is the hated (by me) tongue pink, with raku frit stringer layed on, then squeezed in ice tongs. Lovely blues & purples.

Great frit Val!!

mperaza
08-19-2004, 06:06 PM
OMG - I just love that frit!!!!!! I just got some myself but haven't had a chance to play with it. I'm so excited because this is the first time I was able to get some of Val's frit before it was sold out - and seeing the pictures you all posted, I know I'm just going to love it.

Thanks for showing your beads... and Thanks Val!!

Marilyn

TwistNglass
08-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Uhoh.... I have tons of tongue pick gathering dust... frit stringer huh???
Very very cool :clap: I know what I'm doing after work....

Rose

JayneM
08-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Oh my goodness, those are all so beautiful. I can't believe the beautiful colors that everyone is getting with the different temps and marvering. I ordered more Val frits this week, but the Raku was sold out already. Will try again next week. I am becoming such a frit addict that I think I need profesional help..Help me get more...........Stop

Zonnestraaltje
08-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Can I play too??? Here I used a base of transaprent pink for the body. The wings are rubino, outlined in amber dipped with a touch of the frit.

beachbeads
08-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Can I play too??? Here I used a base of transaprent pink for the body. The wings are rubino, outlined in amber dipped with a touch of the frit.
All the beads are beautiful but this is to die for!!

JoyceMI
08-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Ooh I love the butterfly Rachel. Great wings!

dark13ootique
08-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Now I see I'll have to play with this on Ivory! EVERYTHING is just spectacular... and I'm going to use up my tongue pink with this one, too :D Yay! Finally a use for that...

The frit is a single color, no mixing, and that amazes me... alllll those colors from ONE glass... so much to play with!

Here's a couple of pics I posted over in Val's forum, what I made last night :)

The Peter Max set
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2004/18889-maxWC.jpg

Motley Crew (partial pic, too lazy to get a new one..lol... it's on eBay in a few! :D)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2004/18889-mcwc.jpg

Bed-readying the kids... first day of school tomorrow so I can TORCH all I want! :D

dread
08-19-2004, 10:17 PM
O wow - I spotted it before she put it into the store but wasnt fast enough to scoop some up - such great colors !

dread
08-20-2004, 12:41 AM
O I cant believe It - I found I have a jar of jitterbug - woohoo next torch time !

Flaming Idiot
08-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Oh gosh... I LOVE this frit. I've been playing with it all day! LOLOL! Nothing so pretty as you guys though... just basic round beads using the frit with different colors. I'm trying to get some pretty beads, of my own, for my next bracelet. {sigh}
I know I'm getting a bit better... but then I see what the rest of you are doing and I start thinking I'm NEVER gonna get good!

tulips
08-20-2004, 01:31 AM
Is everybody using it on effetre/vetrofond or are some using it on bullseye?

JoyceMI
08-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Is everybody using it on effetre/vetrofond or are some using it on bullseye?

Mine were just all on Effetre, and it seems everyone elses were too. I beleive Val has done hers with the Gaffer glass.

CandyO
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM

JavaGirlBT
08-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Here's a picture of mine on Spectrum 96 Almond (I think). It's definitely spectrum, just whether I have the name of the color right. Anyway:

Paula D
08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Wow Ellen. Really pretty. Maybe if I can get my chores done I can find some torch time!!! Paula

Princess and the bead
08-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Does anyone elso sell the raku frit?
Thanks
Darlene

Sparkey
08-20-2004, 06:21 PM
I waited patiently until noon and tried to buy some raku but missed it! Now it's all gone! Poor me!

Val, when do you think there will be more?

Any pre-ordering? Lists?

Just love it!

Ronda :D

dgg112
08-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I waited patiently until noon and tried to buy some raku but missed it! Now it's all gone! Poor me!

Val, when do you think there will be more?

Any pre-ordering? Lists?

Just love it!

Ronda :D

LOLOL OH Ronda I'm with you!! I started stalking Val's site around 1030 this morning, waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally I saw the raku put it in my cart, went to pay and it was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boohoooooooooooo
LOLOLOL Man these gals are fasttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!