PDA

View Full Version : Pistachio Nuts

Grasshopper
08-19-2004, 09:27 AM
black canson or mi tientes(?) 12x9"

Colors in original bit more vibrant & darker but fiddling with it to make same results in is as close as I could get. Not far off, though my browns (nut shells) don't show as well as the original.

Kathryn Wilson
08-19-2004, 09:41 AM
I like the red and green background - the green especially looks good with those nuts!

crumbedbrains
08-19-2004, 10:06 AM
I too love the colour combination here . . . quite er . . "cozy and inviting" . . .for want of better words.

Nori
08-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm with Crumby. Love the colors. I also tip my hat to you for working the details so well on a subject that's pretty small. My eyes would be spinning if I tried.

SweetBabyJ
08-19-2004, 12:09 PM
None too shabby for a coupla nuts!! Good job not going to black or graying down your colours.

Now don't wimp out with your division between red and green background- see the way that line is trying to follow the contour of the nutshell in back? Don't allow that. Get in there and straighten it up, then zing that back shell curve with a cool highlight to pull it forward again. It'll work- trust me. Do the same with the cracked open nut- run dark-dark down along the shell rim, and zing the curve of the form with a highlight- a light yellow, I think.

Nice work- you done good!

K Taylor-Green
08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Good job on this. I love the colors. Listen to Julie.

Dark_Shades
08-19-2004, 12:35 PM
good piece..... agree with everyone (now that doesnt happen often ha ha ha :evil: :wink2: ) ..... great colours.... nice subject too

bnoonan
08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Well done and I especially love the subject matter and the composition. those colors are just radiant. Keep them coming!!!

Barb

Khadres
08-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Awwwwwwww, nuts! (Sorry, couldn't resist! :wink2: Very richly done! The colors are what my old art mentor used to call "juicy". Love it!