PDA

View Full Version : Martin on Monday

meowmeow
08-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Did this Monday morning at the portrait group. It is art spectrum, terracotta, about 12x18. I know it is a little off...the table is weird and I think his lower legs are a tad short. But all in all I feel like these are getting a little better.
C&C welcome! Thanks!

Sandy

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Aug-2004/15050-martin_smaller.jpg
Looks like his face is blotchy red but it isn't.

DominicM
08-18-2004, 02:20 PM
love the colours you used Sandy...

Love the expression you have captured on his face .. as for composition its not my strength - I cannot add more to your comments

Your portraits are improving, keep up the good work

Dark_Shades
08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
your portraits are going from strength to strength ....... not only in the application, but also you now can identify what needs to be altered...... well done Sandy...... keep going

lots of great strokes, and energy in this

binkie
08-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Sandy, it is lookin' real good. I too, like the colors you use.

gwen

Dyin
08-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Sandy...you really are improving a lot. The pants look electric :p and if you could get that effect on the rest...wowza! Next time start with some really light stick lines that you measured with a pencil/brush and then you'll have the proportions already laid for you to work around. You're getting much better on hands and facial features and if you can get angles and proportions right, then look out world :D Your color sense is getting waaay cool too :clap:

khourianya
08-19-2004, 12:06 PM
I have a friend who has the exact same body type as this guy (shorter loer legs and all)...this is really good. Love love love the background. The addition of a lamp to the table, might help in correcting the extreme slope by distracting the eye... just a thought. plus, shadows of the lamp would help in building up the appearance of a level tabletop.