PDA

View Full Version : dragonflies in space

reynolds
10-14-2001, 04:06 PM
this is a fun one that i did using spray paint as a base and them adding acrylic inks and my kids glitter glue. there is also a napkin, lace, and embossing powder as well. the dragonflies are stamps. when i first made it i called it dragonflies and sperm:D as the glitter glue looks a little that way. it does feel pretty inutero to me and interestingly enough the next peice that was "born" to me was the baby in the alternative mediums channel. it did not take nine months though ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2001/Dsc00053.jpg

happy viewing!!!

cagathoc
10-15-2001, 10:24 AM
This is very cool! Do you plan to take it further? With a line drawing on top or some painted forms, perhaps?

reynolds
10-15-2001, 03:30 PM
cagathoc,
thanks for your comments, i would like to take it further and yet i do not feel confident enough to do so in the manners you mentioned. it feels a little flat to me so i may add some three dimensional items if they present themselves.
i am finishing up a masters in counseling at the moment as soon as that is done then i plan on stretching myself creatively. i would like to take a class or two as well as continue my learning to use alternative mediums. i also find myself interested in what could be called digital collage.
thanks again for the comments and encouraging me to stretch.

Jan-Michael
10-15-2001, 05:17 PM
I like the colours and overall feel of this... glad you nixed the first title...LOL