PDA

View Full Version : baby face

reynolds
10-14-2001, 03:54 PM
i forgot that i had this one hanging on the wall in my studio/office.
i completed this while listening to Joanie Mitchell's muzac and crying a bit here and there. when i do a piece of work, it seems to be a process piece dealing with something that is shifting in my soul or an art piece. this is one that bridges both places, i hope.
i used napkins, transfers from mags, copies of fine art, and vellum papers for this one. i also did some shading with pigment ink pads. this was the first time that i painted beneath the napkins to shade etc. oh and the base of the whole thing that peaks through here and there is one of my faves, spray paint.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2001/Dsc00046.jpg

thanks for all of your encouragement so far.

Amorphis
10-15-2001, 12:33 AM
Wow, I really love all of the colours you put into this... it's really soothing and comforting to look at. Did you know that Joni Mitchell went to art school? It's true! :)

reynolds
10-15-2001, 11:53 PM
joanie is also a great artist, in fact some say that is her true gift, but oh i love her voice so much i find that hard to believe. thanks for the remarks, i was beginning to think that it was not going to generate any. my husband likes it because it is so hopeful, something we all need a bit of right now and all the time.

colorme
10-18-2001, 06:57 AM
wow:) i like it

reynolds
10-18-2001, 12:41 PM
thanks so much it was a really healing piece. i am thinking that it might be fun to do a baby series.

Leaflin
10-20-2001, 03:10 PM
The colour combinations are great :)
I love the innocence of the child.

allanom
12-15-2001, 12:11 AM
This is gorgeous, Rennie.. I adore collage work -- should get back to doing some more. Now, collages are dream images if anything is! Love this a lot.

reynolds
12-15-2001, 12:26 AM
i did this september tenth:crying: cried and listened to joanie mitchell the whole time, twas quite healing...

CarlyHardy
12-15-2001, 01:25 AM
Just found your collage! I love it...the color, the imagery...all work together. I'd say its a very personal statement...but I identify with it, too.
carly

reynolds
12-15-2001, 01:30 AM
yup twas a soul piece, thanks a lot...

sassybird
12-15-2001, 09:12 AM
I have always found collages and mandalas to be personal and healing for the artist. This piece is very softly spoken, but leaves a lasting impression. Your color and subject choices work well together. I haven't done a collage in a long time. This has sparked my interest:) Thank you for sharing.

cagathoc
12-15-2001, 09:50 AM
Do you have this book? You don't need it but I know you would enjoy it! :)

The Art of Paper Collage by Susan Pickering Rothamel

Your piece would fit right in that book - very professional!