PDA

View Full Version : S&T Wednesday. August 18, 2004

Andee
08-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi everybody!

I am totally uninspired atm, all I could come up with are these dangly labradorite earrings - and I don't even like that style so much... :rolleyes: The stone beads look a bit dull on the pic, but they have a nice bluegreenish shimmer.

Come on now, show me YOUR pretties! :)

beclectic
08-18-2004, 08:05 AM
I like them. You can see the shimmer in spots on a few beads. I let my imagination do the rest. I like that clustered style and I also like the similar style where the elements are attached to a short piece of chain.

McDuck
08-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Andee - they are very pretty. I love labradorite too!

-Mary

McDuck
08-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Finally something new from me :clap: Perty Marbelous Blue Skipping stones with solid Copper Star links, two size 6 seed beads and 20g copper wire to make this very pretty "Shooting Stars" bracelet. :D It fits very nicely on your wrist. The last one I made using different links sold the day I made it at the bead show! It is a little hard to see the copper color inthe beads, but they are just so beautiful in person.

Now show me yours!

Mary...errrr...McDuck

TheBlueBetween
08-18-2004, 10:22 AM
I like 'em Andee - they remind me (for some reason - I guess because she showed me a pair of pearl cluster dangles) that I need to make some earrings to go with this dress for a friend who is eloping... anyone got any ideas???

Oskadis
08-18-2004, 11:06 AM
HI!
Andee those earhangers are not entirely my taste either - but I can see the shimmer in the stones. Those must be really beautiful in person.

Mary - I love that bracelet. That blue goes so well with the copper :) Aiming at a night sky theme there ? ;)

Here is my prettie for the day. Still struggling if I should put her up for sale or not ...

Brass plated silver ox plaques made from vintage dies, bent into shape and set with vintage rhinestones by me (OK OK one of them is glued into a depression of a leaf, but it will hold).

Have a nice day!

Pam, I would go white freshwater pearls/crystal swarovski/SS chandelier earrings. Look for a filigree chandelier body that resembles a bit the airy feel that dress gives. Oh yeah .. I would make them really long :)

beclectic
08-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Mary - all I can say is WOW about that bracelet. Love the links, love the copper with Marbelous Blue beads. It is truly a knockout.

Pam - Isn't there a Swarovski color that is called champagne? I think something in champagne and white would be outstanding. Maybe a seed bead set pearl dangle. Could you copy the flower shape on the dress small for the ear part, put it on a post and dangle a seed bead set pearl stick or blister? How about a spray of champagne seed beads curving up along the outside edge of the ear from a post with a seed bead set pearl flat back round or oval?

Edited to add: What a beautiful bracelet Karen. What is an ox plaque and where do you find them? They are lovely and are giving me lots of ideas.

TheBlueBetween
08-18-2004, 11:22 AM
OMG Mary - you need to add some of those stars to my copper order!!!! Great bracelet!

Karen I LOVE your bracelet - I couldn't part with it if I'd made it!

Both great ideas Karen and Barbara for the dress - thank you - I think long and dangly too - but she's saying simple. I think she's nuts with the ruffles on that dress she needs something big on top to balance it out! (I'm going to make her two pair - one plain and simple and one perfect pair (whatever that will be) and then she can try them on and decide. Seed beads are calling me but then so are crystal - champagne crystals would be perfect - I'll have to go look for some.

Oskadis
08-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Edited to add: What a beautiful bracelet Karen. What is an ox plaque and where do you find them? They are lovely and are giving me lots of ideas.

Those are basically brass elements stamped out with vintage dies. They have been plated silver ox (which is either pewter or silver that has been antiqued) and then sealed with lacquer.

B'sue had them a while ago. Didn't check her page yet for stock on them - should probably do: http://www.bsueboutiques.com

beclectic
08-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Karen, great site, thanks for posting the link.

Lori-O
08-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Pam..

What about a long fine silver or gold chain from each ear ending in one or two pearls or crystals? That's a pretty simple yet contemporary look.

Andee
08-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks everybody! :)

Mary - WOW!! I LOVE that bracelet, it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm not really a copper person, but WOW! :clap:

Karen - that bracelet is my fave piece of all you showed us so far! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Pam - I would think some sort of cascading earrings (that take up the shape of the skirt) with pearls and silver, you know what I mean? (See very weird sketch! ;) ) Or something starshaped/spiderweb-like that takes up the shape of the embroidery... Or if she prefers something more plain, what about not-quite-so-big loops with pearls or crystals wound around them? Or even simpler - just a pearl and a crystal dangling from a leverback.

Archer
08-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Andee, The design is simple, but perfect for laboradorite - one of my favorite stones. Love that flash!

Mary, The combination of copper and dark blue is always perfect, with or without any copper in the stone itself. (Note to self - gotta get some of that copper!)

Pam, If she wants "simple" then plain pearl earrings would work... but since she wants you to make them, then a cascade (waterfall) of pearls, crystals, seed beads, etc. would be beautiful.

Karen, Those plaques are gorgeous and you've used them to beautiful effect. I had to check the website... lots of great pieces there - oh, good... more stuff to work with! LOL

While I'm here... here are a couple of things I've been working on. Found these silver diamond shaped beads at a show and they really work well with the Zoozis.
And the magnetic catches seem to work well too.

Maryanne

jeffwelsh23462
08-18-2004, 02:48 PM
here are a couple things....

McDuck
08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
karen - you amaze me, and what you could do with a sows ear ;)

maryanne, very nice bracelets! love the beads too.

jeff i love that bracelet, i just think it looks mystic!

Thank you everyone! I really love this bracelet too, but I think it will get snapped up fast :mad: never get one of my own lol

-Mary

DonnaBee
08-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Another absolutely rockin' show n tell today....