PDA

View Full Version : questions???

carle_85
08-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Hello everyone,
Well this will be my first post in the "Wearable Art" forum.
and I hope this is the place to be posting my questions?

Ok, here I go :

1) I want to become a fashion designer. I do some sketches, illustrations. Short said..I put some ideas or designs on paper....aha..
A friend told me about manufacturer..etc
So..my question is :
-Is it possible for me to get my designs with my label or name out in the market ..without actually being a fashion designer.. or studied for it?
-If yes, : Who should I contact? A Fashion Manufacturer or what or who? And what should I ask or so? I have no idea so anyone who could give me a broad explanation about this...uff.. mostly welcome and I would appreciate it a bunch! :D

2) I have a blue top I just love!! bought it not long ago. 1 month ago only maybe. And today I wore it..don't know if it was like that at that moment only.. but after few hours.. I was sitting and noticed it had some white spots :( . And I see these spots both sides of the fabric. Anyone has any idea why this is happening? :confused:
I don't use bleach when washing clothes.. no detergents.. just soaps for washing clothes.. which are not hard or so to damage clothes and i still have tops of 3 years ago or so. And I did not sweat to even say my sweat made the color fade away.
It's 100% cotton.

What can I do not to lose this top because of some spots?!?!?
helps!!!! :) please :p

Thanks in advance everyone,

Carlene :)

lunamoonshadow
08-18-2004, 12:22 AM
I dunno on the fashion questions....

As far as your blue shirt....
Could it be spots of undisolved detergent?
OR
Do you go do your laundry at a laundromat or shared facility? Could it be that someone ELSE used bleach either near or in the washer before you did your clothes? Just a few drops on the top or around the lid would be enough to bleach your shirt if it got on it!

You might try Rit Dye Remover if it gets worse, to remove most of the color from the shirt & then re-dye it with blue or another color--it MIGHT work...no promises though! (different material takes dye differently--I work for a T-shirt shop & this year the company we have do all our "garment dying" managed to screw up pretty much EVERY SINGLE BATCH!--Pink finally came in in August, with 60% of the batch unusable, our greens came back a different shade every batch, though they were "exactly the same" according to the dyers!...pretty much the story of our summer! The warehouse finally gave up & started ordering Mill Dyed stuff to replace the ones that they just couldn't get right or enough of to keep us stocked!)

--Lyn

beclectic
08-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Hi Carlene, welcome to the Wearable Art forum.

I really don't have anything to offer in the way of advice about the garmet industery and the advice from lunamoonshadow is exactly what I would recommend to save your shirt.

The people here are very helpful and I'm hoping one of our members, who is knowledgeable about clothing design will see this thread and address your question.

carle_85
08-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Oh,
Hi and Thanks Lyn and Barbara,

well.. don't know.. It really isn't someone else who used bleach as I have wash machine at home, so I wash my clothes at home only. No bleach and no detergent. Just clothes washing soap.. and well. I don't think it's the soap..as my grandma, my mom we all use the same one for yearsssssss.. and well.. I have old clothes (3 or 4 years old) which are still in perfect condition..

I was thinking maybe the quality of the fabric is not good or so? even it says 100% cotton.. don't know!.. some people can be tricky. :rolleyes:

But ok ..anyways
thanks a lot Lyn & Barbara :) :)

Carlene

beclectic
08-19-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm more inclined to think that there was something wrong with the dye they used or the technique they used to dye the material. However the spots got there, you are going to have to strip the current dye and redye to save the shirt. Or you could just accept it as it is, spotty, and use it as a nightshirt.

Oskadis
08-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Maybe just dye it black? :P Love that color. :angel: