PDA

View Full Version : Memories of Autums Past

Paula Ford
08-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just had a minute to stop in to show you what I'm working on. It's much larger than my usual...it's 16" x 20", soft pastels on sanded paper. Started it in class tonight, so I'm about 2 1/2 hours into it. The right side is almost done and the left side and foreground I haven't touched yet. I'll post again in a couple of days if I get a chance to work on it. Thanks for looking.

Paula

Nori
08-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Amazingly wonderful water and reflections. Ah and the fall colors are so appealing!

K Taylor-Green
08-18-2004, 12:59 AM
OMG Paula. Simply stunning. Beautiful colors, bright and fresh. :clap:

Khadres
08-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Really nice, so far! And it IS getting to be that time of year again, isn't it? Kinda hate to see the summer go, but the fall colors do compensate a little, don't they! Nice work!

prestonsega
08-18-2004, 01:40 AM
Ahhhh..I can almost smell the crisp autumn air! Nice !

Artaholic
08-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Your fall scene is magnificent :clap: :clap: The reflections are great :)

bnoonan
08-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Magnificent once again Paula. Love all the colors and layers and layers of leaves on those trees - all so varied.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

have to ask you a question - does your teacher paint on your pieces at class? It would be such a shame since you have such a talent!!!

Barb

Paula Ford
08-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Magnificent once again Paula. Love all the colors and layers and layers of leaves on those trees - all so varied.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

have to ask you a question - does your teacher paint on your pieces at class? It would be such a shame since you have such a talent!!!

Barb

Hi Barb, Yes, he paints on my paintings. I usually will do all the underpainting and then he will start a portion and then I'll finish. I learn so much from him while he's demonstrating.

Thank you very much everybody!! Will be back soon to post the finished version.

Paula

meowmeow
08-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Glorious painting of a glorious fall scene. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

Sandy

DominicM
08-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Wow Paula...

Its stunningly beautiful already...

binkie
08-18-2004, 05:03 PM
This is truly exquisite! :clap: :clap: :clap: The colors and reflections are incredible.

gwen

Paula Ford
08-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks you guys!! I'm off to work on it right now before falling asleep...been a long day.

Paula

Paula Ford
08-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Well, I really debated on painting tonight because it's been a road race all day and I WAS exhausted. Nothing like getting the old pastels out to get re-energized!! Here it is again. Besides from a bit of the foreground and sky, it's almost done. C&C please. Thank you, Paula

Deborah Secor
08-18-2004, 10:43 PM
YUM! It's just delicious. Candy colors!

My only suggestion is to loosen the rather straight looking edge of the big yellow tree. Quick fix--a few strokes.

I love the yellow circle, the distant hillside colors, the sparkly water...it's a beauty!

Deborah

CarlyHardy
08-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Paula,
outstanding!!! Makes me long for the autumn colors in the mountains!!
carly

Dyin
08-19-2004, 01:02 AM
just beautiful! Just sings with color and you're really getting awesome with these! :clap: I'd C&C but trust me, you don't need it!

Paula Ford
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks so much Deborah, Carly, Sue!! I must admit, doing this size was a bit overwhelming, but fun!

Paula

dragonlady
08-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Really stunning painting, Paula. I love the colours and especially how you handled the water and reflections. Very, very nice. :clap: :clap:

bnoonan
08-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Paula - this reminds me that I'll be heading back east in the fall and now I'm looking forward to all those warm rich maple leaf colors!!! Well done.

Barb

Paula Ford
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks Joy & Barb!!

Joy, how do you get your paintings under your name like that?

Thanks again to everyone who commented on this painting. After I get back from the Expo, it's going to be framed by a professional.

Paula

Tom Christopher
08-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Beautiful work Paula. Your painting skills continue to expand with each new piece. Your color choices make this very attractive . The detail in the water is superb. Thank you Tom

Paula Ford
08-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks so much Tom!! So nice to see you again...it's been a while. Sure hope you are having lots of fun at your shows and hope you are selling lots of your absolutely gorgeous paintings!! Paula