PDA

View Full Version : van gogh pastel pencils - open stock

pierak
08-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Hello,
I cannot find open stock van gogh pastel pencils in the US, only sets. I was hoping to find a european source through google, but none showed up.
Do any of you know of an internet source for these pencils, maybe from England, or anywhere in Europe- or even Australia, although I think the shipping cost would be a bit of a problem? (As long as they have a site in english, french, or italian; these are the only languages I can hope to understand).
I am new to pastels, but with colored pencils I find that I use certain colors very quickly, sometimes one pencil for just one painting, so I am reluctant to buy a set, unless I can replace individual pencils.
Thanks for your help,
Piera

Khadres
08-17-2004, 03:56 PM
I see that Dakota has plans to carry the individual Van Gogh pencils open stock; they just haven't ironed out getting them supplied yet...might send them an email and let them know that there really is a market for them! Mention Wet Canvas too!

CarlyHardy
08-17-2004, 03:57 PM
I haven't seen the Van Gogh's sold individually, but you might check out www.jacksonsart.com which is located in England for pastel supplies. They may carry a brand as individual pencils that you can purchase.

carly