PDA

View Full Version : Wear Its At, Tues. Aug. 17, 2004

beclectic
08-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Well here I am at work and starting this thread again so:

Good Morning All,

I did get a ladybug made in polyclay and it is almost not bad. I think I have the basic look down and the wire button loop on the bottom figured out. The tiny, tiny spots are still giving me trouble but I'm almost there. I should be able to start making my 12 ladybugs for the picnic tonight and bake them tonight. Then it is just a matter of assembling all the parts and I'm done. Should be finished by the weekend and a good thing too because then I have to make my glass item for the Chinese Auction. I'm looking forward to that crazyness as well.

I'm still in the process of putting together an order for the class I'm taking from Barrie in October. I'm really looking forward to that class and of course it is the perfect excuse to buy some more neat tools. LOL. BTW, there are a few more spots open in the Sunday/Monday class so if anyone is interested then you can join this yahoo group and find out all the particulars: Silversmithing in Chicago (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mcduckcreations/) I can hardly wait to meet all the Wearable Art people that are going to be there. :::jumping up and down:::

Donna, I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family. Let us know when you know about the test results. Thanks for posting the picture, it is easier to focus my good thoughts when I can picture who they are going to and it is a very cute picture so enjoyable as just a cute little guy too.

Barrie, I didn't comment on your tat the other day but I really like that design. The way the dragon's tail winds around the ring and the whole design flows in a circle is just wonderful to look at. Have you ever read any of the Pern series? Your tat reminds me of fire lizards. When I first found out about fire lizards I wanted them to be real and I wanted one, I used to dream about them. I was an adult when I read those books, not a child, but they are just kind of in my mind now. I don't know why I'm rambling on about this, just that your tat really made me think about them more lately.

Enough goofiness from me.

Y'all have a fun and productive day.

debkauz
08-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Yawn...Morning Barbara,
Boy, am I sleepy this morning. I am at work and just can't get started.
It's rainy, gloomy and just generally yucky in Chicago today. Hope it improves!

Great days all!

Deb

McDuck
08-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Morning Barbara, Deb and Good Day to all who follow!

Barbara, I love the Pern series! :D Sci Fi Fantasy is my fav to read when I get a chance, of which I havent had in a while.

Deb, a little cloudy but mainly sunny and beautiful here. We only got a little rain which is good as we have to finish our fence posts tonight and put up a few more fence panels. then a garage sale thurs fri and sat :eek: But for now running to showe and I am GOING INTO THE STUDIO as I still havent made it there in a week :mad: The outside is consuming my life. LOL

Have a great day!
mary

Beads-Me!
08-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Hello my friends! Good morning Barbara, Deb and Mary! I'm off to get some beads made. Brenna's up the street at her friends house and I have some free time! Took in some more things to the gallery last night and the owner loved them! Bonus! She's going to have a bowl of my beads there for people to purchase - how cool is that?

Donna - what a wonderful picture of your son. Keeping my fingers crossed everything is okay! My dh Dave just sent me some pictures of his sailing weekend a few weeks back. His buddy finally had some time to get them to him. Since I love to see pictures of everyone else's family I thought I'd share my new favorite picture of Dave.... (He calls it his Jimmy Buffet look ;) )

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2004/14950-111111111111111BetterDave.jpg

Have a great day everyone!!

McDuck
08-17-2004, 10:52 AM
nancy- very nice pic of your honey! I used to sail with my Dad, it was his second favorite thing to do in the world next to flying.

-Mary

Barrie
08-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm sneaking in before my class starts in an hour! LOL! I'm an addict, I confess!! Spent yesterday driving up here from the coast (I'm in Vernon, interior of BC). It HOT, HOT, HOT here!!! I take back all my whining about hot on the coast!!! LOL! It's desert country! But the house I'm staying at is air conditioned, so it's just fine by me! :)
Barb, I loved that series! I've been looking for the perfect fire dragon for a new tattoo, so if anyone knows of any good pics, let me know! :)
Nancy, he's a handsome guy! Great pic too! I wish I could convince my dh that pictures are not a bad thing! :)
Mary, have a great productive day in the studio!
Donna, hugs and best wishes!!

Okay, better get to work! LOL! Have fun today! I'll be thinking about you all, while I'm slaving away with 11 students! I'll try to sneak some pics later, if they behave themselves!!!

TheBlueBetween
08-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi Everyone :)

I've just spent about 8 hours total trying to get a lightbox set up and I'm so frustrated! It shouldn't be this hard!

Ok, so I have a tupperware storage box and several lights. I lined the box with a nice quality white artist paper and then wrapped the box in a pillow case to filter more light. I had a combination of the white natural lights and soft white lights - this worked pretty good - still a little shadow but not too bad - but the color was off and I couldn't get it back when I try to edit - it's just missing the sparkle and shine I think.

So then I took the pillowcase off - tried without - major shadows - just bad all around - then I lined the sides of the box with vellum - still shadows - but not as bad - and back to dull looking beads. And colors not quite right.

So then I replaced all the lightbulbs with the blue lightbulbs that are supposed to be the closest to natural sunlight. Still doesn't work right. I've tried 3 lights and 5 lights....

I'm about ready to give up - I don't know what else to try - it shouldn't be this big a problem I don't think. Arggg!!!!

beclectic
08-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Well you tried what I was going to suggest which was the bluish ones from Phillips I think they are. GE makes ones called Reveal which are sort of pinkish. Try 1 or 2 of those in the mix maybe.

TheBlueBetween
08-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Well you tried what I was going to suggest which was the bluish ones from Phillips I think they are. GE makes ones called Reveal which are sort of pinkish. Try 1 or 2 of those in the mix maybe.

Yup, I have 2 blue and two pink going now. I broke one of my lamps messing around so I'm down to 4. :crying: I also knocked over a big stack of boxes full of beads -beads all over the floor. This is just not going well.

I'm thinking I might try a black background next - will pick some black paper up while out and about today. Maybe the white is just absorbing all the color of the beads. I'll get some grey too.

Beads-Me!
08-17-2004, 03:58 PM
I feel your pain Pam. I tried some of the suggestions made last fall and came away $$ short and no better in the picture department.... To be honest I liked your pictures better before the changes and I know you don't want to hear that after all your work! What I don't understand is why things work well for some and not for others if we're using the same materials!! Good luck - I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!! :)

DonnaBee
08-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone!!!!

I think it is great when we share these family pics! Keep them coming! :D

I posted to yesterday's Wear Its At thread that the neuro visit went as well as it possibly could. It was a very good and thourough pediatric neurologist, and we have ruled out seizures and everything else. Zach has ADHD (big surprise!) but he does not need meds at this point in time. (That is fine with me, because when there is Tourette's in the family, as in ours, then you have to be really careful what ADD/ADHD meds are prescribed)

Zach's ADHD, at least so far, is much more mild than his older brother's, and yet he has a better IEP from his school than Jon ever did, go figure!

Anyway, I am thrilled that we don't have to go get an MRI or more extensive tests at this point! I am just so relieved by this. (We do have to do one more EEG, it's a 24 hour EEG and we can do that at home. The Dr. fully expects it to be normal though, as do I. But they are being really thorough.)

So now we just have to get through this lymph node thing, he sees that Dr. on the 28th. I have a feeling that will go just as well as this did today. :)

Okay, I think we are almost ready for first grade now! Oh, yeah, I need to get his gym shoes!

Wow, I am tired! I forgot that Milwaukee really isn't *that* close to my home! (A least this part of Milwaukee wasn't.)

We ate at Long John Silver's on the way home and rang the bell, that was fun. :D Then I picked up the latest September issue of InStyle magazine for myself! I will fall asleep later probably when I get a quiet moment to start reading it! ;) (I was looking for Bead and Button magazine, it is getting very hard to find that one on newstands I have noticed! Perhaps I ought to renew my lapsed subscription! :rolleyes: :D )

flynfire
08-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Well, the day's almost over. Donna, I'm so glad to hear that things went well.
It's raining here AGAIN! At least we get a few flights off before it starts. As long as it rains at night, the pilots AND the ranchers can both be happy.

Puppy class is cancelled tonight due to rain. The "graduation ceremony" was to be at an outdoor restaurant. :(

I am finally having my first real case of lack of inspiration and creativity. What a bummer!! It just colors my whole world blue. Maybe it's the weather...
Kit

flynfire
08-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Gee, thanks for the support folks. :cool: