PDA

View Full Version : Sea and Surf - from Judwal RIL photo

Ruth Grinstead
08-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Hi All

Sorry I am not getting here very much at present, but I am trying to get ready for some building work.

This was from a RIL image provided by Judwal thank you Judy. Without knowing it I have cropped it to a similar composition to Maine Surf (perhaps that means it was the right way to crop it).

I am still waiting on my lights so not as much colour in the foam as I may have used.

It is on A4 W&N tints with mainly Unison pastels.

C&C welcomed and what is the etiquette for painting from RIL images?

Ruth

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2004/38452-seaandsurf.jpg

Kathryn Wilson
08-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Everything looks like it's coming along well with this Ruth - will be watching for further versions!

Dark_Shades
08-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi All

Sorry I am not getting here very much at present,
Ruth

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2004/38452-seaandsurf.jpg

nor me either Ruth ....... well this looks like its coming along nicely.... I find doing seascapes really soothing....... you may need this lol with building work commencing

judwal
08-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi Ruth...I love it! Glad you liked my surf photo from the RIL. I did the same one awhile ago but I made mine long about 8X20 inches.

K Taylor-Green
08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Great job, Ruth. Love the foam on the waves.

Ruth Grinstead
08-18-2004, 04:55 AM
Thank you all for viewing and your kind comments.

Many thanks again, Judy, for putting the image in RIL. I really enjoyed it and it helped me think cool thoughts in our recent hot spell.

Dark Shades - I hope pastels will keep me sane during the builder's visit, but I may need to leave the country. Only thing helping at the moment is the thought of some dedicated art space after the dust and rubble :D .

Ruth

bnoonan
08-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Ruth - pat yourself on the back my friend!!! This is a wonderful piece and I have to say... if I'm ever stressed, it's a huge undertaking to paint water and waves like this. Congratulations on selecting something as soothing as the sound of the surf.

Best of luck with the other projects.

Barb