PDA

View Full Version : Kerry and Edwards!

Jason Seiler
08-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey everyone! I just came back from a week vacation...! It was good to get away for a bit. I was able to paint this while watching shark attack movies on the Discovery channel! :) Anyways, I did this one as a challenge really. I didn't sketch anything out, just dipped my brush in the paint and started painting. It was a challenge to do caricatures in this way...I had to have the image finished in my mind before I started. It was a fun way to paint. I thought about something my dad had told me...all a painting is is one brushstroke of color next to another!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2004/532-kerryedwards.jpg

Take care,
-Jason

Jason Seiler
08-16-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if my dad is going to see this post or not? If you do see this, do you think you could repost the image with the one that I emailed to you? Fo some reason I'm having a hard time uploading this, the image turned into a bitmap, not sure why, and it looks really blurry.
-Jason

designbyjen
08-16-2004, 06:34 PM
when i was in school there was a popular & honorable phrase we used on big project turn in days, that i feel is quite appropriate here: "You make me sick!"
also know this is the first time i've ever used this smiley...i was saving it for something that knocked my socks off= :clap:
i hope you continue to squeeze the life outta this new technique, because if your first try was this good....
okay...you may now deflate your ego
thanks for the eyecandy,
~~~jen

TedDawson
08-16-2004, 07:00 PM
This is just a work of art, man. Awesome! I love the whole Serious Portrait feel to it. I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing portraits of corporate presidents by you in the main lobby instead of the stuffy traditional oils!

coolray
08-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Jason, again you have taken the bull by the horns and produced another fine painting. I love what you did with this version of " American Gothic". Oh wait! I'm sorry! I was thinking this was the farmer and his wife! LOL! jk

It really is a great job as always!

Take care

Terry

AFM159
08-16-2004, 10:47 PM
speechless.

Jason Seiler
08-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to be adding this to a presskit that I will be sending out to magazines...I feel this one will look good to the political magazines? Hopefully...I did it for that reason. I'm hoping I'll get a shot at a cover for the Week magazine...one of these days anyways!

Take care,
-Jason

Diyart
08-17-2004, 07:36 AM
terrific good work :clap: :clap: :clap:
Did you use any ketchup for mixing the colors ?

Martin

designbyjen
08-17-2004, 09:34 AM
wait a minute...i do have comment....edwards is def. outstaging kerry here in size & value...which is fine if it'd be an article that focuses more on edwards...but if it took me how many looks at it to notice that...it's sure to be no big deal.
~~~jen

Jason Seiler
08-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Ha! Well truthfully, Edwards looks bigger for one reason. He has a HUGE head. I did that on purpose. Edwards stands out more, because of his pumpkin shaped head, Kerry kind of looks like his face was stretched down and then had his head squished in a vise! They both have completely different shaped faces, that's what drew me to the picture.
-Jason

Jason Seiler
08-17-2004, 09:55 AM
terrific good work :clap: :clap: :clap:
Did you use any ketchup for mixing the colors ?

Martin

No. Why?

Kathryn Wilson
08-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I think this will look great in your Presskit and Week magazine would be foolish to pass this one by. You've nailed them!

designbyjen
08-17-2004, 10:13 AM
what i'm saying is that if i didn't know who these fellas were...i'd say that the chump on the right was 'the big kahuna', because he draws the attention in this piece. both are excellent in their own right, but this is an outside issue of intent & focus.
ya git me?
~~~jen

Jason Seiler
08-17-2004, 01:54 PM
what i'm saying is that if i didn't know who these fellas were...i'd say that the chump on the right was 'the big kahuna', because he draws the attention in this piece. both are excellent in their own right, but this is an outside issue of intent & focus.
ya git me?
~~~jen

Yeah, I get ya! Makes sense to me now...heee heee heeeeeee!
-Jason

LarrySeiler
08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
OOootay buddy...uploaded the newer jpeg image for ya!

Ya forgotz ta menshuns dat dis here was done with K'seens...

that is "casein" for U not nortwuhds types!

a paint with milk as the binder...

also, Jason's first effort trying this pigment....

peace

Larry