PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU use a landscape bead?

froggee501
08-16-2004, 01:09 PM
I just made my first ever landscape type bead, which got me wondering... how do y'all use them? There is of course the simple "make it a pendant and put it on a cord", but I'd like to see examples beyond that. If you have jewelry made using them, I'd love to see... Have an idea that hasn't come into fruit yet, I'd love to hear it... Have a pretty landscape bead, why not show it! :D

This isn't just for the strict landscape bead, but also for beads that have trees, grapes, houses, whatever... something beyond flowers.

Emma

dogmaw
08-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Emma,

Well, if you send me your landscape bead I will make it into something. :evil: Seriously, I like to do seed bead weaving around beads like that. I have one bead that looks like a peach, so I wove little leaves for it and used SS wire to put the whole thing together. Post a pict of the bead, I wanna see!

Jo

tamjai
08-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Emma - I could see lots of branchy foliage bead fringe but, i'd have to have the bead in my hand to really tell!! :D
tam

TheBlueBetween
08-16-2004, 08:42 PM
I've never had a landcape bead in my hands, but I think I would do something with seedbeads and some foliage to go with as well.

Can you show us the bead? Maybe we can give you some ideas for it ;)

Lori-O
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Oh-My-Gosh! A chance to post my landscape beads! I really like making these. I make them into simple pendants on a silver chain because they are pretty detailed with the frit and all.

sassybird
08-17-2004, 02:28 AM
I have a landscape bead by Shirley that I am holding back to make sure I do it justice. If I saw your bead I could probably give you some suggestions. It is hard to imagine without having seen the piece.

McDuck
08-17-2004, 10:05 AM
There are so many ways to show off a landscape bead. You can seed bead around it and then make a beautiful seed bead tube spiral or etc to showcase it. you can use beadalon and weave other beads to danlge off of it ie leaves flowers etc to give the neck portion some life. so many different ways to show them off.

-Mary