PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help

LilKitten
08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2599611#post2599611

In all seriousness, the Golden Fluid Acrylics with ISO900 aren't cutting the grade for me. The brilliance of the color isin't there, it's just not as bold as paper.

I need some help. Can someone suggest a *good* pigment for marbling on cloth?

lilkitten

Beads-Me!
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm of no help - but hopefully someone will have the answer for you! :)

Kerensamere
08-16-2004, 05:45 PM
I used to marble silk and cotton. I used to use deka permanent fabric paints, I'd water them down and I floated them on methocel. Have you checked out Dharma Trading company? They have a number of products made for marbeling and a few that were not originally made for marbeling that Dharma's tested and found that they do well, sometimes better.

-Jen

PS
Just read your original post. Ha, ha, ha, you and I must be from similar molds! I'm the crazy neighbor that held a huge tye-dye party in my back yard two years ago. Haven't had a chance to go another, but the neighbors keep bugging me to have another. Got all the stuff I needed from Dharma too. You gotta check them out, their catalog has directions and everything, it's a lot of fun, or perhaps dangerous depending on how you look at it! :D :evil: Of course now the neighbors think I'm really nuts, the DH and I painted our shutters purple!!!!
-J

dogmaw
08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
I agree, Dharma and Deka are the way to go. I've always had positive experiences shopping at Dharma.

Jo

Hiway
08-17-2004, 01:18 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2599611#post2599611lilkitten

I am no help at all, I'm afraid, but I just had to thank you for your wonderful post (link above)..... you thoroughly brightened what was, until now, a rather dismal day. As I love color, I really enjoyed seeing your work and the creating process, too.

Hope you find the assistance you are looking for!

Best to you, Goddess!

Claudia :)

LilKitten
08-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Whoo! Just put an order out to Dharma for some silk painting goodies and marbling inks! Can't wait!! Thanks gang!!!

lilkitten

Kerensamere
08-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Whoo! Just put an order out to Dharma for some silk painting goodies and marbling inks! Can't wait!! Thanks gang!!!

lilkitten

I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Definately take time to browse their catalog when it arrives (I'm sure they'll put one in your package).

Best of luck, please post pics of your end results!!!

-Jen