PDA

View Full Version : 8/15 Sunday Wear It's At

debkauz
08-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Morning all,
I am at work again. I think they are going to kill me off! I only have one day off and then come back for 3 more.
Chicago is cool and sunny and totally gorgeous this morning. Wish I was out walking instead of inside.

Have great days all

Deb

McDuck
08-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Morning Deb and Good Day to all who follow! Yes Deb, finally sunny and beautiful but cool still. Another day, praise God! We are diggin post holes today and putting the paver lock on the small patio i laid yesterday. Last night we took 3 hours off, went out for hotdogs quick for dinner (who can eat much after all the aching work), rented a movie and watched HEll Boy! And it was very good, one I am goin to buy!! yeah :clap: bothing else for today, been way toolong since I have been in th studio, still havent gotten there much this week and a show coming up the end of the month.

You al have a wonderful sunday!

Mary...errrr...McDuck

Barrie
08-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Good morning!!! Deb, My show partner was an OR nurse for 30 years, I don't know how you nurses do it (you certainly don't get paid enough for the jobs you do!!!) Miss Mary, I'll say it again! You work too hard!! Hot dogs for supper sounds fun though!!
I'm off to do some last minute shopping today, then home to pack! I hope I get time to post while I'm away (there's a computer there, so it shouldn't be too bad! LOL!. Have a great day everyone!!!
And here's some gratuitous lion pics from yesterday!!

Andee
08-15-2004, 11:13 AM
A late hi from me, y'all!

I'm already way in the afternoon here...

Barry - interesting tattoo, but OMG what a cute baby lion! And what a cute granddaughter! Funny, I never imagined you to be old enough to have grandchildren! :D

Shirley - that story is so true, made me grin all over! :)

Have a lovely Sunday, everybody!

Barrie
08-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Barry - interesting tattoo, but OMG what a cute baby lion! And what a cute granddaughter! Funny, I never imagined you to be old enough to have grandchildren! :D

I'm not old enough! My son (the father) is only 17 and the baby is almost two. She arrived on my 40th birthday, great present, but a little earlier than I was hoping!!

Andee
08-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Barry - soz, I really didn't mean to step on your toes there! :)

Beads-Me!
08-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Another sail by hello! We're off to the boat for an afternoon of sailing! It's finally a beautiful summer Sunday.... Whoo-hoo!! Have a great day my friends!

Shirley C.
08-15-2004, 12:23 PM
hiya, everyone! i'm off to get my weekend morning coffee and bagel, then i've got to come home and pack for my trip to connecticut tomorrow. i was up until 1:00 this morning organizing jewelry fixin's to bring with me. i'm just afraid i'm going to forget something, then go nuts when i'm back there.

deb, i don't know how you do it. i have a great deal of respect for you folks in that profession!

mary, take a break for heaven's sake! you're gonna wear yourself out!

barrie, you make me want to run right out and buy a lion. (yeah, right...) :D

andee, your "y'all" makes me chuckle - i'm trying to hear it with a german accent. :D

nancy, blue skies to you!

hope you all have a marvelous day!
--------------------------------------
oh, i forgot - hubby took this picture of me and niki yesterday and it cracked me up. just thought i'd share...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2004/10433-NikiYawn.jpg

Andee
08-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Shirley - GREAT pic! :) As for the y'all, I like to believe I don't have a German accent... ;)

flynfire
08-15-2004, 01:35 PM
It's another rainy day in Marfa, so no flying. Can't complain too loud, though. Ranchers would hang me!
I'm uninspired to clean or make jewelry. I'd gladly stay in bed all day.
Yes, love that picture, Shirley!!
Kit

Gingerbiscuit
08-15-2004, 01:55 PM
What a great photo Shirley! I hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Nolly
08-15-2004, 09:07 PM
It's a little late to post on the daily thread, but hey, this has been my first opportunity ...

Shirley, that picture is great! Are you taking your computer? That was the worst thing about being away from home--no internet access. There must be lots of bead stores in a populous state like Connecticut--a desperate need for seed beads is a good excuse to get out of the house. Wish you were closer; I'd putter up and take you to lunch.

I worked up a viking knit necklace while spending time with the fam today; yesterday I took my first chain making class, now I've got the chain bug, too. Who would've thought?

Have a good night, everyone.

Nolly

McDuck
08-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Another quickie frome me,

Barrie very cute baby and lion!

Shirley, I just love that pic! How cute! and btw, did you sell your flower necklace yet? have you worn it out??

I am done for the night, we dug post holes, cemented them, put up 5 panels of fence, at dinner and , ummm..jeesh I know we did more but my brain is fried.

have a good nite all!
Mary