PDA

View Full Version : Experiments

Kimberly Affleck
08-14-2004, 11:17 PM
These are all some experimental shapes in various combinations of silver plum, edp, copper green, amethyst, violet and lots of metals. I kinf of like them!

beadsbybrat
08-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Those are really nice! I Love the 1st one!

the brat

Toni Lutman
08-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Ooh, those are all gorgeous! I don't think I could pick a favorite.

Toni

Kimberly Affleck
08-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Some closeups.

Cole
08-14-2004, 11:33 PM
I love all of them! I think my favorite is the first one, but they are all pretty cool.

Sassyglassgal
08-14-2004, 11:36 PM
:clap: :clap: Kim, those are awesome beads, I like them in this order 1,3,4,2 either way, I love them, but as you know I am a fan of your beads anyway. Are you going to glass stock? I hope so, we can peer at each others beads again :) Keep up the new and unusual mixtures you are coming up with, hey you could post that pic in Corina's new challenge............

gb-beads
08-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Yum, yum, yum!! Bring them!! Must have!!

Honestly, I am drooling over these beads -- all of them!!! :D

dogsrlove
08-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Hiya Kimberly!

I like 'em alot too. But, what is "silver plum"? Not "silvered plum" ,as in SIS -is it?

Thanks,
Vanessa

p.s. Glad you are OK. Hey, I'm practicing simple vessels now. . .

Zooziis
08-15-2004, 01:00 AM
Great beads, and cool shape! I really LOVE the bottom right that has the black bead in on the end. Very lovely!!! I think the experiments were a success. Those colors look nice together.

Kim, correct me if I'm wrong, but Vanessa Silver Plum is a new color (there are two a dark and light) of Moretti Glass. Frantz had some (maybe still does). It's the pricey stuff $30.00 per pound. I heard they had quantity limits, one how much you could buy, which may have been a rumor. If it wasn't a rumor that means the color is selling out. I haven't played yet, but my friend Robin told me that if you cool it with a brass tool or graphite, you get a cool irridescent sort of sheen on it. I guess it does neat things, including a hematite look depending how you work it.

Kimberly Affleck
08-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Yes, Dark Silver Plum is one of the new colors. Mike had some at the Gathering. I am not sure what the limit was, but I think it was a pound or so. I am pretty sure that he has some you can order. I found that you get some lovely metallics with an oxidizing flame, and yes, cooling on brass brings out the metallics even more. I had been able to get metallic effects that range from a heavy matt all the way to bright, brilliant chrome (which I cannot photograph to save my life!). There is also a light Silver Plum in which the metallics are not as pronounced. Wonderful colors, both of them! A little goes a long way as both of those colors are VERY dark!

BBsBaubles
08-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Kim,
The shapes are great and the color combinations outstanding. :clap: Each one of them is equally unique and beautiful. Thanks for the closeups, they really are wonderful!

chrisdd
08-15-2004, 01:28 AM
They are all gorgeous, but I am really panting over the last one. It is just so unusual.

Aleta
08-15-2004, 02:21 AM
I like them all, but the 3rd one seems to get my attention the most. The last one has an interesting shape. Depending on how big they are, they would make a nice pair of earrings.

scupltorgirl
08-15-2004, 05:27 AM
There's good reason to like them!

I especially like the shape of the one with the accent black round. The color combos are great on all of them.

Nette
08-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Love them all!
Annette

debkauz
08-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I LOVE #1 and think the other 3 are pretty nifty, too. Of course, I tend to like most of what you do a whole, whole lot anyway so it's not a surprise to me that I like these a lot, too. :D

Debbie

firemonkey
08-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Beautiful.
I love each and every one.

margaretz
08-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi Kim! All four beads are great- the lengthened rectangular shape creates a very cool contrast with the abstract, organic, and free-flowing nature of your color and metal use. Same goes for the "waisted" (haha... not wasted) bead. The colors are much brighter in this one, or so it seems from the photo, and that works well for this shape too. Great job!

(and BTW, I loooove the bead of yours I snagged at the Gathering... I fondle it daily.)

Trishki
08-15-2004, 02:13 PM
I absolutely ADORE the one with the "waist"....just love it! The other one's are awsome too - but the one with the waist is in a league of its own...!

boheme'
08-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I love them all!!! Especially the 1st and last ones - great effects - and the colors really pop. Love the shape of the last one.

Deb Cline

CharleneN
08-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Gorgeous Beads....I love the shapes!

AlaskaBarb
08-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Some closeups.

Wow, Kim, I'm -- as Buckwheat would say, ------ hyp-mo-tyzed! Swirly and primordial -- neat-o.

B