PDA

View Full Version : TooQuick- but good practice

SweetBabyJ
08-14-2004, 07:24 PM
This is another really big piece, using a lot of the techniques from Deborah's ESP thread. The idea is nice, I admit, but I was far too fast in rendering the lily pads and flowers. Ah well- it was good practice, and no doubt someone will like it enough to give it a home (ah-ha! My son is moving and will need new decor.....)

Mix of softies on Wallis, about 22" x 33" or so

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2004/9169-On_the_Surface01ul.jpg

Thanks for looking

CarlyHardy
08-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Julie, this is beautiful....very delicate. At first glance I was confused about the tree and then realized it was a reflection in the water. You may want to soften the edges on the tree trunk a bit and add just a few light reflections on the surface, too.

I love the fresh quality of your colors and the composition for this is great!
carly

Artaholic
08-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Lovely composition and I agree with carly just a few more indications of the ripples in the water :clap: :clap:

Khadres
08-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Very interesting composition! Looks like fun to do, especially so big! Nice one!

SweetBabyJ
08-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks- but it'll prolly end up being washed off and put to other use- I like the comp just fine, but am far from happy with the lilies and pads, and they won't get better with work, trust me. Prolly shoulda just done 'em in yellow like the ones here- they'd've not contrasted so much and been more harmonious.

prestonsega
08-15-2004, 02:13 AM
Julie...the concept is neat, but I get the feeling from your comment that this work didn't translate as well as you would have liked. There seems to be a simultaneity of view going on...the pads appear to be viewed from above while the blooms are seen slightly from the side. There is a lot of visual information being given in this piece.

meowmeow
08-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Intersting piece, Julie! I like the colors and I love the flowers. It has a really Oriental feel to it. The tree reflection is a bit confusing, but I think you had fun with this and learned a lot and will move on to something else. Maybe even redo this and it will be spectacular. This is fun to look at though.

Sandy