PDA

View Full Version : caricature of Darrell

Art_man
08-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I did another caricature. This is a friend of my Dad's.

roger41
08-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Man......guy.....just need some shadows and darker values like in the eyes and around them. on the face.................but I think your really nailed the likeness here....Wow :D :D every time I see your stuff you get better and better....it's almost scary to think how good you may get :clap: :clap:

Art_man
08-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi Roger,

thanks. I've been trying to improve my likenesses. I really like drawing caricatures and I learn so much from Wet Canvas. Thank you again for the encouragement.

Ricky :)

Art_man
08-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi,

Well, I've darkened the features and around the eyes.

Please, comments, feedback, and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
ricky :)

coolray
08-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Art man, every time I see your work I am so impressed by your improvements! You are going to be one of the better artists if you keep improving at this pace.

Something to look for is your proportions. Make sure that everything comes out right, even in caricatures. I love it! keep up the good work!

Terry

Art_man
08-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks Roger and Coolray. I really appreciate your encouragement. I've re-done this caricature again. Here's my final (I think). I'm done with this one. I hope you like it. I think it's the closest so far to the referene picture's likeness.

Please comments, feedback, and suggestions are always welcome.

AFM159
08-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Take this for what it is Art Man - I draw buildings, not people - On this one, I think you had it better the first time.

Sometimes when we artists work on a piece we can over think what we are doing. And in the process screw it up. I've been there many times!

Becarefull of redoing a particular piece. Rather, learn from this one and do a different one using what you learned. You'll get lost trying to redo the same piece over and over and never be quite happy with it.

Mr. Nauss
08-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I like the modifications you did to the first one (meaning the second one) and if I were to offer my advice on the second one I would ask that you take a sharp cornered white eraser and add small highlights to the eyes. In you third posting I think you lost the personality of the character. Keep up the good work, you'll have the newpapers buggin you to do editorial's in no time.

Mr. Nauss
08-22-2004, 01:14 AM
Also, one of the things I am guilty of myself is making the drawing the way the subject will like to be seen. I bring this up because to the lack of the second chin the subject clearly has. If he's the one payin you then by all means be gracious, but if your trying to really capture him you might want to give him some more chunk.

Peace.