PDA

View Full Version : S&T Saturday, 8.14.04

MadameKali
08-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Happy Saturday!!

I actually made this before work today, but I didn't get to photograph it until just now.... ugh, the pictures aren't that great, I need to shoot it tomorrow in natural light. But this is okay for now. *grins* it's called Autumn Leaves, because Mary's flower clasp reminded me of leaves.

TheBlueBetween
08-14-2004, 03:12 AM
Hi Susie - is it a bracelet? The colors are great!

I have a fall piece too :) I just finished it - another peyote tube with a lampwork bead...

Gingerbiscuit
08-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Very nice, Susie and Pam!

Peyote is a stitch I love to do, it's very relaxing, isn't it? Oh, and I'm really happy you like the book I "talked you into!" :D

BBsBaubles
08-14-2004, 09:11 AM
What a beautiful way to start my day. :clap: Thanks for sharing!

Susie, The fall colors are great! And I like the clasp too.
Pam, I really enjoy seeing all of your work. There's a simple elegance to it and I just love that...it's so me!

somk
08-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Susie> Great job ! :) and btw, is it a drawing of yours in the background ?
Pam> Pure class ! Simple, elegant, should we wear a toga for this one ? *now that would be elegant !*

~So

McDuck
08-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Susie - I love the fall colors, just keep fall away from me please! :p

Pam, I love it, it is my color too! do you need a helper? LOL

-Mary

Peg
08-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Pam. I love how well you use your lampwork beads. Color match great and the weight of the rope style carries the weight and size of the focal and at the same time places the emphasis on the focal where it should be. Peg M

TheBlueBetween
08-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Thank you everyone! :) You are all going to give me a big fat head! I'm really enjoying this style - yes the peyote is super relaxing (surprise surprise to all of you who think it takes major patience - once you get the first three rows done it just flows) and I'm happy I can work just ONE bead into it instead of a whole set (which I'm really not that good at making).

Smooches,
Pam

Oh and Lynne - it really doesn't take much to "talk me into" any book ;) You are right - the instruction in the first one is better than the second - I'm happy I opened right up to the part about ending a thread - I feel so much better about my weaving now that I know I'm doing it right - though I like the eye candy in the second one better.

MadameKali
08-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Hi again!

I'm going to be a minor thread hog and post a wayyy better pic I took. Yep, Pam, it's a bracelet! Sorry I didn't specify! :) Somk, YES, that is a drawing of mine in the background... lol! It's actually a self portrait. I think it's a little creepy to have jewelry sitting on top of eyes. I think I'm going to use more weird backgrounds in my stuff, because as well as being creepy, I think it's awesome!!

Beth, if you reallllly like the clasp, you can get them from our very own Mary McDuck... :)

Here's the new pic, in natural night. I'm slowly but surely getting almost everything rephotographed in decent light!

farkel
08-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Pam, where can I go online or a book, to find out how to do that peyote necklace tube? It is really beautiful. I do a lot of peyote flat pieces, just not the tube style. Help :rolleyes:

BlindCaveFish
08-14-2004, 03:26 PM
This is the first time I've posted something, Hope you like it!
Copper and Aluminum

Shirley C.
08-14-2004, 03:44 PM
susie, that bracelet rocks! i absolutely love fall colors - probably because i love fall, particularly in new england where i'm from. and as far as i'm concerned, there's no such thing as a thread hog in the show and tell. you can show us as many pix of your bracelet as you'd like! (and i'd love to see that entire self portrait.)

pam, that necklace is gorgeous! what a great treatment for that lampwork bead!

hollie, i missed your post. wow, what a wonderful bracelet! i love the weave, and the colors (copper and aluminum) are really yummy! guess it's that fall thing again...

well, i FINALLY made something. i was going into creative withdrawal - sheesh! :rolleyes: this is a bracelet i made to go with a dress that i bought awhile ago but haven't worn yet. i'm hoping that i can finish the coordinating necklace today. the pearls are a bit darker than what you see in the picture, and they are green. each pearl is topped with a small swarovski in a dark red. the pictures are:
- the dress fabric
- the bracelet
- the focal bead on the bracelet

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2004/10433-HotDressFabric.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2004/10433-HotBracelet2.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2004/10433-HotBraceletFocal.jpg

fringe4u
08-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Wow, once again you ladies have outdone yourselves once more.
Shirley-I can't believe how wonderful that bracelet is going to look with your dress
Hollie-I love your bracelet, I am a copper lover! I think it always looks great!
Pam-once again a beautiful piece!
Susie-I love your bracelet and now I have to order Mary's clasp because that looks great with it.
Here is my latest...Debbie
PS I think I am going to order the crimp covers from RG. I know not to crimp them, but I thought I could use the top of the crimpers to push it shut.

Andee
08-14-2004, 04:46 PM
A very quick hi from me!

Susie, that autumny bracelet is so lovely, and what a beautiful clasp!

Pam, great work again, that peyote tube works really well with your lampwork focal!

Hollie - interesting metal-combination, looks good!

Shirley - wow, I'd love to see that all in combination when it's finished! Beautiful pieces, and great lampwork beads!!

Debbie - another lovely bracelet!

Nothing from me today - I only made a pair of very simple pearl earrings, but haven't downloaded the pics from the camera yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Have a great Saturday evening, y'all!

Gingerbiscuit
08-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Oh and Lynne - it really doesn't take much to "talk me into" any book ;) You are right - the instruction in the first one is better than the second - I'm happy I opened right up to the part about ending a thread - I feel so much better about my weaving now that I know I'm doing it right - though I like the eye candy in the second one better.

Which is why you need them both!!! LOL! The first is a "how to" and the second is projects. I love them both!

SingingCat
08-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Ohhhh ahhhhh...dang you folks are so talented, I am so envious every time I see the Show and Tell posts...I haven't seen one that I did not like YET!

Well.... since Fall colors seem to be the defacto "theme" for today (mostly at least) I figured I would take the big plunge and post my first pic....(Am I feeling nervous about doing this? YEEEESSSS.....)

Autumn Fire.....it is about 36 inches long and the centerpiece is 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2004/45684-autumnfire1.jpg

lizo
08-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Wow! That fall necklace is COOL!!

What is the bead/piece made out of??

Liz

TheBlueBetween
08-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Pam, where can I go online or a book, to find out how to do that peyote necklace tube? It is really beautiful. I do a lot of peyote flat pieces, just not the tube style. Help :rolleyes:

Hi Fran - if you can do flat you can do tube. Put 7 beads on a thread and tie them into a circle. Pass the needle through the first bead next to the knot, then pick up a bead and skipping the next bead in the circle go through the third one. Pick up another bead, skip one and go through the next, and then do that again - you will have 3 beads sitting on top of your 7 row - then pick up another bead and go through the first bead that is sitting up on that new row - then you just keep going around and around filling in the empty space between all the beads sticking up.

I'm sure that makes no sense - so go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/co2/beltana/peyote.html

http://www.artcraftworld.com/tubpey.htm

http://www.i-bead.com/peyoteinstructions.html

http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/blmsub21.htm

Books: "Creative Beadweaving" and 'The Art and Elegance of Beadweaving' by Carol Wilcox Wells

Have fun :)

Pam

SingingCat
08-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Wow! That fall necklace is COOL!!

What is the bead/piece made out of??

Liz

Thanks Liz, the centerpiece is Paperclay, Polymer Clay and Copper Foil.

TorchGlass
08-14-2004, 10:58 PM
I read mostly in the glass forum but have read that y'all like to see beads in this forum also. I put together some simple bracelets for myself and my daughter with my lampwork beads. The aqua is so vivid in person, I've got to make more in this color! I've been at a point where I just need to DO something with all of the beads I've made.

Beads-Me!
08-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Great show and tell...... AGAIN! ;) Good to see new faces and old... Shirley - very nice girlfriend! And Pam - I've not been a big fan of peyote until seeing what you do with it! Well done! Jeannie - that wasn't so bad was it? Thanks for joining us! And Kristine - I'm glad you've wandered over!!

No pictures from me again... But I'm making things - honest!! :p

BBsBaubles
08-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Kristine,
Need to find something to do with all your beads? Ever think of selling them on eBay? You do great work! Of course, I'm always happy to take in orphans, runts, even the perfectly good beads. ;) Those poor things don't get enough respect.

TorchGlass
08-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Beth, I would be happy to sell them anywhere, of course! I'm ill equipped, genetically I think, in sales. In person is so much easier I've found. My daughter's been a big help in taking photos, but I think I need to learn that part of things. Beads in person are less complicated. Thank you so much for your kind compliments!

MadameKali
08-15-2004, 01:57 AM
SingingCat, nifty necklace!!! and I love your focal.