PDA

View Full Version : Wear it's at Sat 14th

tamjai
08-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Whew! friday the 13th is over :clap: - and to all of you who had frustrating ( doggie woes) or frightening (hurricanes still spewing) times this week - I hope this weekend brings brighter skies....
tam

McDuck
08-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Hello Tam! Good Day everyone!!

it is a gorgeous sunny partly cloudy day here in the Chicago area. Woke up to a chilly 54 degrees but it is supposed to warm to 74! yeah :clap: For today we are paver locking the patio we made for the neighbors gazebo. Then on to home to dig some fence post holes since we are moving our fence a bit. Move a little dirt and rock and take the rest of the day off from work. yeah! Then i can FINALLY get back into my studio. Well off top the post office.

Have a great and safe weekend!
Mary...errrr...McDuck

TheBlueBetween
08-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi Tam and Mary,

Yeah, I'm glad yesterday is over too! At least I salvaged it by making a necklace last night ;)

Mary you sound busy as ever - do you ever take a break and just sit down? LOL! Hope you have a nice hot sunny weekend :)

I'm off for a girl day of wedding dress shopping and then a hair cut - I'm not sure what I'm going to have her do - which means I'll probably chicken out and just have a trim. Tho I did see a little bit of "what not to wear" last night and they cut her hair right off and she looked Fabulous after. I would love one of those makeovers!

Ok have to run - have a nice weekend all - hope everyone finds some time to have fun!

Hugs,
Pam

debkauz
08-14-2004, 12:52 PM
HI Tam, Mary and Pam, and all who follow,

Yeah, CHicago isn't quite as chilli as it has been. I'm just ready to get rid of some of the damned spiders. They always come around our house when it's fall and they are already there. I tell 'em that as long as they stay out and away from the door, they will be OK. Come inside and they are TOAST.
I'm at work as usual. Have a very sick, very sad patient so it will be a long day. Makes me glad that I only have the few little proglems that I have. It could be WHOOLE lot worse.
Anyone watching the olympics? I thought the little bit of the opening I could stand was pretty hokey. DH says I just don't have any sense of 'show' but I just think that stuff is too embarassing for words. I mean, can you really want to be the kid in the paper boat? Yeesh, he's going to have to see that someday! I do love when they all walk in, though. I'm glad that all the athletes get their day, or moment at least, in the 'sun.' I feel bad that most of them won't stand a chance in the competition but I love the fact that they are there anyway.

Deb

GlassSprite
08-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I am celebrating. I wrote my last exam this morning. Now who the heck goes back to school at my age. I already have 2 degrees. Plus who does it in the summer. Anyways, I am done. Yeah. This term I am just taking fun classes. I am taking jewelry making at the local college and glass beadmaking with Amy Johnson. Yeah. Have a good day everyone. I am off to a BBQ
Kathleen :clap:

MadameKali
08-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Gooood afternoon, ladies :)

Mary, I promise, I thought I saw you say you were "prayer locking" LOL! I wondered what the heck kind of ritual involved gazebos!!!! :D

Pam, you're beautiful--I'm sure any hair would look fabulous :)

Exams in summer, yuck! Okay, I break down and confess I miss school and would love to be enrolled right now. :) I am sure you did wonderfully.

Let's see... today I took advantage of the fact that my roommate kicked me out of bed to give him a ride, and I think I finished reshooting the pieces I still have in my possession. That darn butterfly tiara just WILL NOT cooperate. So I've been tinkering around on my website, which always makes me a happy Susie. Then later, I have to go to my "real job," bleh!

(Okay, confess again, I love working at Starbucks. lol)

I hope everyone has a pretty Saturday! Go get Frappuccinos and think about me! :evil:

Barrie
08-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi all!! Glad to see Chicago has a bit of sunshine today! You guys deserve it! We have more sunshine, followed by more sunshine, and even more sunshine! Enough already (I'm one of those really weird folk that loves rain! LOL). I'm doing some last minute shopping today, gotta get ready for my trip to Vernon (central BC), to teach some classes. I spent over $1000 on silver yesterday, my heart is still trying to settle down over that one!!! But it looks soooooo pretty!!!! I have some custom silver work to do today, as well. But first, we're off to the tattoo shop! Dh is training today (piercing), and I'm going to go shopping while he does that. But when the shop closes, the guy with the lion cub is bringing her back along with a tiger cub for us to ooh and aah over, and I have my camera this time!! Speaking of which, here's a photo of last night's tattoo (on my left shoulder blade).
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2004/10732-Mvc-005f.jpg

Kathleen, I know you'll love your class with Amy Johnson, I have a friend who took a class with her and LOVED it! Mary, you work too darn hard girl! LOL!! Deb, hope the day isn't too long for you - must be a tough job, hugs to you for your courage. Pam, I'm with you! I love that show, and would love a makeover like that! Although some of the clothes they suggest are kind of quirky, but in the end, it all comes together! Love the hair makeovers though! Nick does a great job! Tam, no Friday the 13th woes here, we had a great day! Susie, I'll definitely be thinking about you when I'm sipping my Frappacino!!

Have fun everyone! Back later, hopefully with critter pics!!

flynfire
08-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Careful, Barrie. If we piece together all your tat photos, we will eventually see what you look like! :evil:
I'm a little concerned because my sister-in-law is incommunicado in Punta Gorda. Her husband's parents live there. I went through Hurricane Andrew when living in South Miami and my heart goes out to Charley's victims. I'm glad I live in the desert now! The meteror shower this week was specatacular - when it didn't cloud over.
Kit

Shirley C.
08-14-2004, 02:52 PM
just another quick drive-by howdy to everyone! i've got to spend this weekend preparing for my trip back to connecticut. i'm leaving monday morning, and may end up there for a whole month taking care of mom. this is driving me nuts - no torching for a month?! i'll be bring jewelry-making supplies and tools with me so i don't completely lose my mind.

here's a little chuckle for today - it came in an email this morning. hope you all have a great day!
-------------------------------------
On the first day God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give you back the other ten." So God agreed.

On the second day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh. I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. Dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too, okay?" And God agreed..

On the third day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer. I w ill give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty and I'll give back the other forty." And God agreed again.

On the forth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. I'll give you twenty years."

Man said, "What? Only twenty years! Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty the cow gave back and the ten the monkey gave back and the ten the dog gave back, that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "you've got a deal."

So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, and enjoy ourselves; for the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family; for the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren; and for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

debkauz
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Barrie,
I LOVE it!!! Now I may have to get one.

Debbie

somk
08-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Barrie> nice tatoo indeed ! :clap:
shirley > I love this story, it's so cute (and so true, :D)

Slow day for me it was, should have worked my head off and eneded up compiling tons of paperworks *sigh* bah.. has to be done, right ? I hope everyone had a niiiice day !

Barrie
08-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey again! As promised, here's the lion photos!! The first is my granddaughter, Freya, her stepmom Cecili and Peanut the lion cub! The second is a very cute close up of Peanut!! What a fun time we had playing at the shop today!

Barrie
08-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the tattoo compliments, everyone! I haven't showed you the one I got a few weeks ago, but I'll do that next week - I guess eventually you all will know what I look like! LOL! Kit, hope your family is okay, keep us posted. Shirley, take your jewelry stuff with you for sanity's sake! I guess it's one of those things we have to do, but don't have to enjoy (looking after your mom). Deb, you should just go for it! :evil: Somk, doesn't paperwork suck!! :rolleyes:
I'm glad I have you guys to share this cool stuff with by the way (yes, I need a life, but I'm glad you all are in it! LOL!)

GlassSprite
08-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Morning all. well OK it is afternoon.
I slept in this morning. It was wonderful. I am about to pick up my bead knitting project. I haven't worked on it for weeks due to studying. Also picked up some felting knits books which is next on the list of things to do. Start my new job tomorrow. I am nervous but I am sure it will be fine. Have a good one everyone.

Kathleen