PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Lori-O's S/T

Lori-O
08-14-2004, 12:34 AM
This is my pride and joy (one of them, anyway).. my oldest nephew Jake (14). He's making beads for his mom and he did a great job, except I let him make them with dk red and a purple frit! :rolleyes: Fortunately, we made a set of pink w/tutti frutti, too!

I love him so much!! I will miss him when he goes back home to Mass. He was a real joy for me this Summer. :clap: :)

Chickebeadz
08-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Kids are great! I can't wait till my little one is old enough to make beads. He already has a very artistic streak in him. Congrats on a wonderful nephew! :cat:

Jacinthe
08-14-2004, 04:37 AM
Lori - what are those gloves he's wearing?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

MegannsMom
08-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Lori - what are those gloves he's wearing?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

I was wondering the same thing...until i realized not everyone is going to love the "scarred fore arm" look! I bet they are to protect his fore arms from burns. Granted , I scar VERY easily, but I already have several scars on my arms! I imagine in a few years, my arms will look like they went thru a meat grinder! (oh, now THATS an attractive visual!)
~Cindy

dogmaw
08-14-2004, 10:28 AM
OK, now where do you get them? After 5 burns in 2 days, I'm thinking about covering mine....

Jo

BBsBaubles
08-14-2004, 10:34 AM
How sweet! I'll cross my fingers that he can come back again next summer. :)

jamilyn
08-14-2004, 11:37 AM
They look really fancy like cut off socks :) I think that's a great idea!

Vickie
08-15-2004, 05:43 PM
What a cool idea!! I think they look like cut off socks too. You could wipe your glass on them too, before you stick it in the flame that is.
Great that your nephew takes such an interest in beadmaking. I have a 14 year old. He likes to make beads but only when I am with my other bead buddies. When I try to help him, it ends up being a screaming match!
Vickie

Lori-O
08-15-2004, 11:32 PM
:p You guys are silly. Those are kevlar sleeves. You feel the heat, but not the burn.. but you WILL burn eventually if you leave a spot in the flame. I think I got them from Frantz. They're a little pricy, but nothing is too good for my little guy!