PDA

View Full Version : My bedroom mural WIP(Surreal)

Theresa1021
08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-13-2004/47827_Various_pictures_010.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: My bedroom mural WIP(Surreal)
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Plaster
Dimension: 4 .1/2 length 7 feet width
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I wanted this to have a surreal effect. The border around it isn't finished I'd like to add more reflection in the water but not sure yet...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any input would be wonderful! :O) Thankyou,

Theresa1021
08-13-2004, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes: not sure why it looks fuzzy...I tried to get the glare toned down...I see it didn't work really....it does look much better in person I promise!
xoxoxTheresa

HalifaxYoungster
08-13-2004, 10:35 AM
i want to see next stage. :) good so far

Theresa1021
08-13-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm pondering adding more tropical flowers hanging down over the border. I'm not sure it needs anything else...I'm not quiet happy with it yet.
Thankyou for your comment:O)
,Theresa

Michael-Ann
08-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi Theresa!

You are right about the photo...it makes it a little hard to gauge things. I really like your wave and I think some more waves added into the water would look great too. If you add some more, perhaps paint them at different levels of their development to add some more "oomph" to it... Is "oomph" a word?

I think the transition of the sky from night to day is kinda cool too. I bet you used a LOT of blue paint in this!! It looks like it might be Prussian Blue, is it?

I also like the addition of the flowers in the lower corner, maybe you could add them in the upper left-corner as well...but that is just the symmetry freak in me coming out ;) Cheers to you!

Tamana
08-13-2004, 05:41 PM
"oomph" is a word ;) How could you even doubt?!

Therese be gettin' surreal in da bedroom... :cool:

I'll be watching to see where you take this...

haaf
08-13-2004, 06:12 PM
It reminds me of the painting in the movie "contact".
The "woooosh" of the sea is always both calming and envigorating, bedroom seems to be a pretty good place.
More waves is a good idea I think.
Keep us informed pls
Caroline ;)

Theresa1021
08-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Thankyou so much for your replies! They are helping me sort out my uncertanties( spelling...uggh) I agree with ALL the suggestions! ps, Alot of waves in the bedroom is GOOD! belieeevee me!!!!! LMBO! I will definately keep you up to date with my next step :evil: .....oopp..here comes the angel in me...... :angel:.....hmmmmm maybe not.. :evil: time to go creating some waves!
xoxox,Theresa

Tamana
08-13-2004, 07:27 PM
I'll be watching to see where you take this... :cool:

Dana Design
08-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Did I see this painting posted in the Image Library? Looks familiar.

At any rate, I'd like to see a lighter version of this, it's looking good.

And welcome to Wet Canvas!

Theresa1021
08-14-2004, 01:16 PM
yea I was uploading then read the clause at the bottom not to post artwork here....I tried to close before it uploaded I guess it still did. :confused:
Thankyou for your comment!

giniaad
08-14-2004, 05:05 PM
that wave is about to thwack that beach!
a full moon with highlights might be nice...
just a thought...
water is diffucult...
(use more colorsin the water)
doing a mural is difficult...hope you have room to step back and see
and expensive too...lots-o-paint!
good luck!

Theresa1021
02-07-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm going to start working on this again and I'll keep you all up to date!
;)

Spyderbabe
02-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Marty over in the Marine forum is the king of waves. It couldnt hurt to post this there too.
I'm curious as what what kind of border? Painted on? Plain? Flowers? Wood moulding nailed on like a 'frame'?

Theresa1021
02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm thinking of doing either a wood molding frame or some shutters pulled open on the sides.

TooLittleTime
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I think seeing a touch of the orange sky relfecting in the wave and some of the water may be a nice touch. Just a little to make the wave and shallow water glow. Try not to lose the impact of the dark body of water.

Good Job.