PDA

View Full Version : Hand-dyed scarves

chroma
08-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi y'all, I dyed some scarves today. How do you like them? I plan to bead the edges. The fourth one is silk backed rayon and I think I'll put a devore' design on each end of it - and beads, of course!
bj

debkauz
08-12-2004, 09:24 PM
BJ, those are lovely. I especially like the first 3. :rolleyes: Please, please...don't give me anything else to think about doing! I don't have enough time in the day already. How big are they? I LOVE hand dyed silk scarves!

Deb

Beads-Me!
08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
They're beautiful. Be sure to show us them after you've finished the beading! And is it only me or is there a little being in the one on the far left??? :eek: ;)

LadyArowana
08-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Lovely colours, are they a shibori technique ? I bet they are going to be spectacular with beadies on. Fiona

tamjai
08-12-2004, 11:20 PM
bj - love your colours - there is so much going on in each one - can't wait to see the beading
and yes, nancy i think i am seeing what you see! :D
tam

TheBlueBetween
08-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Ooh pretty! I just made a bead today that goes with the last one... though I'm sure it's too big for what you are doing. Hope you show them to us finished :)

somk
08-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Beautiful ! I love them.. They do look a bit like rorschach tests, right ? :D I especially looove the first one. If fourth is silk, what is the fabric for the others ? they look soft and comfy...

beclectic
08-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Very pretty. I see at least 2 faces and a sitting cross legged figure with a vaguely asian hat on just in the first scarf. Of course every burle of wood, every speckled floor tile contains a world of cartoon characters and faces to me. :)

I am really enjoying all the patterns you achived. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pieces. Thanks for sharing your WIP.

McDuck
08-13-2004, 09:05 AM
BJ - very nice work, i really like the patterns that were formed and the colors work so very well together. i cant wait to see them beaded up!

-Mary

BBsBaubles
08-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Wow BJ!
These are great! Each one of them has a wonderful sense of texture. Like everybody else, I can't wait to see these finished off with beads. Beautiful colors! :clap:

chroma
08-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all of your comments. I've been dodging a hurricane for the last few days and been off-line. Charlie just how hooked up my computer.

Yes, it's a shibori method. I love to do this method because I never have any idea how it's going to turn out. If they aren't pretty (that doesn't happen very much) I just discharge some of the color out of them and do it all over again. I guess you can't really ruin them.

Any more hand-dyed fabric people in here?
bj