08-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Iv'e just joined so i thought I would post up one of my pastels
Arnold
It is painted on bright red canson mi-Tientes pastel paper
Further images can be see on my website
www.lowrey.co.uk

SweetBabyJ
08-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Stunning work. Wonderful colour use- bold and dramatic.

I've asked a Moderator to move this to the soft pastels studio so more people will see it.

Kathryn Wilson
08-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Hello! Welcome to the Pastel Forum! What vibrant, colorful pastels - wonderful work to view. I also visited your website - you certainly are talented in many mediums. (Can we tempt you to try oil pastels -:)

Thanks Julie for the Report, I'm sure a Moderator will be along to move it over to the Soft Pastels Studio forum - :D

1065tomh
08-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi Again Arnold
Another stunning work. Great shapes (as always) and colours. If I had to pick a favourite it would be no 2.

Please use the image uploader when posting images Arnold. Then we can see the picture when doing reply.
Click on quick links up in the right corner. Choose image uploader. Follow instrucions on screen.

BTW.. I have sent you a private message.

Tom :)

jackiesimmonds
08-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Hi Arnold

Waving at you from here in the UK - I have also taught at WNAC, and have worked with Teaching Art, so I am quite surprised I haven't come across your name ... but then again, we artists are fairly numerous!

I looked at your website, some LOVELY work there, welcome to WC, I am sure you will make a grand contribution to this very active community, I have been involved for some years, it is quite addictive, lots of lovely people, and much talent around.

Looking forward to seeing more of you on these boards,

Jackie

Arnold Lowrey
08-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Hi Jackie
I haven't got the hang of this site yey
Never got time.
I have posted a fair bit on www.artcafe.net
Yet , we all seem to be "ships passing in the night.
It was nice to here from you. i hope we meet one day so we can have a propr chat.
Arnold

Tammar
08-13-2004, 10:16 AM
WOW!

How did you get those wonderful reflections in the water? I would love to know your technique - they are done so beautifully.

Oh....I almost forgot my manners....Welcome to our forum! :D

Kelly

Arnold Lowrey
08-13-2004, 02:40 PM
WOW!

How did you get those wonderful reflections in the water? I would love to know your technique - they are done so beautifully.

Oh....I almost forgot my manners....Welcome to our forum! :D

Kelly

Place your reflected colours down roughly then rub firmly up and down with your hand. Then whipe in a few ripples : ;)

If you always do as you have always done
You'll always get what you always got
Arnold

Dark_Shades
08-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Wonderful images...... especially love the first .... welcome to the forum

dexonsbabe
08-13-2004, 05:23 PM
welcome fantastic work and yet another master for us beginers to learn from :D

Dyin
08-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Welcome, Arthur! Absolutely stunning use of reds :D Very exciting to see, am sure you'll be a wonderful addition to the forum. I sure wish you did oil pastels too...sigh. Am sure you'll love WC and vice versa!

K Taylor-Green
08-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Stunning work, and welcome to the forum!!

jackiesimmonds
08-14-2004, 02:35 AM
Arthur, I know you post to ArtCafe quite a lot, but I think you might enjoy the fact that WC shows images in the posts, you don't have to click to find them! Welcome...this is a busy spot. Lots of people to chat to, lots of inspirational work to enjoy.

Jackie

paloma
08-14-2004, 03:24 AM
Hello Arnold,
Welcome to this forum - you are sure to get enthusiastic response to your beautiful inspirational works of art!!
Have just had a peek at your website ; will have to go back so that I can gaze at your work some more - truly awesome; a feast for the eyes , all that fabulous colour is intoxicating to me . Thanks for sharing :) Cheers Alexandra

Arnold Lowrey
08-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Arthur, I know you post to ArtCafe quite a lot, but I think you might enjoy the fact that WC shows images in the posts, you don't have to click to find them! Welcome...this is a busy spot. Lots of people to chat to, lots of inspirational work to enjoy.

Jackie
Thanks Jackie,
By the way, my name is Arnold
It is useful tip you have given me so i had better find out how to make a gallery
This is a complex site to bike around for a newcomer
Best wishes again, for your exhibition
Arnold :)

Khadres
08-14-2004, 09:06 AM
I think these are all beautiful! I think my fave is #2, so far, but I may change my mind! :D

Welcome to the forum! This is the best-kept secret on the internet with so many helpful and fun people to share all aspects of art with! You'll fit right in!

Dyin
08-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Arnold...so sorry I got your name wrong...sometimes I think one thing and write another :(

chookbrown
08-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Welcome Arnold, gorgeous works!! Enjoyed visiting your website also.

Cheers, Colleen :D:D

binkie
08-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Welcome, Arnold!!

Your paintings are absolute incredible!!!!!

gwen

Pinecone Conniff
08-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Storm paintings!!...I love storm paintings!! :cool:
Awesome! And welcome to WC!
Annette

Artaholic
08-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Arnold, welcome :clap: Your work is breathtaking. Great site also.