PDA

View Full Version : Need a Link Tester

McDuck
08-12-2004, 10:34 AM
So here is the SCOOP!

I made some links out of ceramic and I would like someone to make bracelets out of them and wear them and then let me know how they hold up. I posted some of the links in the show and tell today. They are yours for your troubles. Just EMAIL me at [email protected] please do not pm me. I am making afew others which arent finished yet, so they will be included. Need a few jewelry artists please. And where you live is of no consequence!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

Andee
08-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Mary, gee, when I read the headline for this I thought you were talking about a website! :D

I'd love to test your links (I love the hearts!!!), but I guess it's a bit too expensive if you ship them to Germany just for a test - I'm sure you'll find loads of willing testers closer to you! :)

Oskadis
08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Same applies to me I guess.. Would be REALLY happy to test though - they are lovely.

McDuck
08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
LOL on the website links! I thought about that but then thought maybe more people would look.

Naw Germany is fine! My Oma lives in Erlensee, a small town outside of Frankfurt am Rhein. It just takes longer to get to you is all! So email me please!!! I would love for you to work on them.

-mary

artbabe21
08-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Naw Germany is fine! My Oma lives in Erlensee, a small town outside of Frankfurt am Rhein. It just takes longer to get to you is all! So email me please!!! I would love for you to work on them.

What a sweetie you are Mary, to even send to Germany!! Generous woman! :)

beclectic
08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm not a beginner but if you need a tester with some experience I'll be happy (thrilled actually) to help. Those links are absolutly wonderful. BTW, just a thought but the rose would be good for a rosery if it had 3 connectors, in a "Y" pattern, instead of 2.

McDuck
08-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Yes well made jewelry tested to it's fullest. report back to me any failings, things you like, dislike, etc. any improvements too. I am making more today.

-Mary

Prudence
08-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Mary, I'm too new at this to volunteer but I really like the green medallions. Prudence

Jacinthe
08-12-2004, 07:22 PM
How bout Holland? Can some come to live in Holland?
Pretty please?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

McDuck
08-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Mary, I'm too new at this to volunteer but I really like the green medallions. Prudence

Too new in the way that you are new to WC or new to jewelry making??

-Mary

McDuck
08-12-2004, 10:35 PM
How bout Holland? Can some come to live in Holland?
Pretty please?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Now Sarah, I would be ever so proud if my linkies were made into something with your beautiful beads! just emailed you so let me know!

-mary...errrr...one tired mcduck

Prudence
08-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Mary, Too new to jewelry making. I'm looking forward to seeing what people do with these. Pru

McDuck
08-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Oh ack, you are never too new!

-Mary

LadyArowana
08-13-2004, 09:53 AM
I would love to have participated, but I am off on holiday in a little less than 2 weeks and by the time something winged it's way to Singapore I probably wouldn't have time to make it up before I went away.
BTW interesting you should mention Frankfurt, that's where I'm going, but the other one " am Main" . We are touring from there, Heidelberg, Black Forest etc. Including a stop to pick up a clock I have ordered specially for DH, they should be making it right now, promised it would be finished in time. Fiona

McDuck
08-13-2004, 09:56 AM
HI fiona, btw i love that name! Have a safe trip and enjoyable time! Good food over there and such beautiful country too. I am sure I will have something new coming down the line that needs to be looked into after your return! Just keep an eye out.

-mary

LadyArowana
08-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Have a safe trip and enjoyable time! Good food over there and such beautiful country too.

-mary

Thanks Mary, I'm looking forward to it, did other parts of S. Germany last year, around Munich, and it was great. Met a wonderful glassblower in Burghausen, and found a few beads and things. Hoping for more interesting finds this time. I will miss WC though as I won't be hauling my laptop. Fiona

Jacinthe
08-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Now Sarah, I would be ever so proud if my linkies were made into something with your beautiful beads! just emailed you so let me know!

-mary...errrr...one tired mcduck

Whee!!!! I so can not wait to get my greedy little paws on those links!

hugs from hopping happy holland
Sarah The One On VACATION!

MadameKali
08-13-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't want to hog all yer stuff.. but.. if you have any leftovers.. :evil: LOL

Mary, I think I'm addicted to copper. I need to order some things soon, but I have a few questions.. so I going to PM you after work tonight. :) Even the bead store lady (I don't know her name for sure, I need to learn it!) mentioned my recent "copper phase"!

GardensOnGlass
08-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Mary, if you need another, let me know & I'll send you an e-mail. I'm with Barbara, rosary connectors would be sweet! I've made a number of rosaries in the past year for family members & I've purchases ss from rosaryworkshop.com & I've loved them, but ceramic or porcelain (perhaps porcelain for the "heirloom" aspect of it) ones would be neat too. Ceramic or porcelain crosses might be neat also.

McDuck
08-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi Lori, cant member if I got back to you, and yes you can have some too.

Nothing will be sent or finished until after my holiday which ends next weekend. But you will be getting your connectors by the end of Sept depending on where you live.

Got to check my kiln,
Tootles,
Mary