PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Aug 12 S&T...

Jennifer Geldard
08-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Really??? No S&T yet??
Everyone sleeping late?? :D

I'll begin. The first one is a "dollface" pendant... white enameled base and feathered back...

The second is titled.." Mary Englebreit eat your heart out :) ".. a vessel.. light pink base with black and rubino stringer details.

NYCindy
08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Jen! How CUTE is that dollface pendant! Nice variation on your style - too cute!

Cindy

Really??? No S&T yet??
Everyone sleeping late?? :D

I'll begin. The first one is a "dollface" pendant... white enameled base and feathered back...

The second is titled.." Mary Englebreit eat your heart out :) ".. a vessel.. light pink base with black and rubino stringer details.

llglassdesigns
08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Jennifer,

I love the dollface. That vessel is so pretty. Look out Mary!

Deb

kyyardlizard
08-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Jennifer....girl..those are unbelievable... ;)

GinaJ
08-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Jennifer, those are wonderful. Those eyes are amazing! And you're right....where IS everyone?????
Here's my set: Moretti opal yellow with rubino decorations.

Beth Myers
08-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Jennifer,
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Delightful, beautiful, creative and I love them all!
B~

NYCindy
08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Ok, I had to get a picture ready to send to Jo so I thought I'd post this. I make hands of each of the Chakra colors - unfortunately, as I was taking the pictures, I dropped the red hand! Popped the middle finger right off! What does that say? Probably nothing! LOL! I included it in the picture anyways - I thought it would be great to combine all the colors in one hand - so I used the translucent yellow that has the pearlescent quality to it as the base and layered on each color. I like the look - more color in one hand! :-)

Foofaraw
08-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Jen ~ I love that Vessel, Ok I love the face too!!! I always love your stuff!
Gina ~ great job with the RO
Cindy ~ Those are so cool!!!

Here is my contribution for the day, playing with enamels and such, inspired by some vintage fabric. The hardest part of these was making them look brushed and not machine made, lol!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/19877-sudenkorentowc.jpg

Queen of Tides
08-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Morning!
Jennifer, those are just stunning! The face is adorable and the vessel is just charming!

Gina, sweet set, I love the color combination of the opal yellow and rubino.

Cindy, your hands are very cool. I don't know anything about shakras(?), but I really like your beads. That rainbow one is awesome!

Jenn, Wow! I'm just amazed at those squares on squares on squares. Those are really exciting! They do not look machine made, very unique!

Here is a new Mega Lentil created with my Mags Mashers using avocado green, copper green, gold leaf, black and Lauscha clear. And then one of my flying pigs, "Pigasus!"

starlightdesigns
08-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, I think one reason nobody showed up here yet was because the site was down for several hours last night... at least it was for me!

Anyway, Jennifer that vessel really rocks!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!

Gina, wow... I had no idea opal yellow and rubino would look SO LOVELY together! Those are breathtakingly beautiful!

Cindy ~ those hands are adorable!!! Love them!

Foofaraw, what a unique design! Those look so cool, wow!!!

Okay, here's mine! The first set I called "Beach Party" and I really like them... Copper green, blue goldstone, and purple/periwinkle twistie... Of course, had to etch them because of the evil copper, which killed the sparkles of the blue goldstone, but I think the trade off was worth it. These wound up being one of my favorite sets so far...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/37248-dls159.jpg

This set I called Orange Cranberry Cream... All Bullseye... I love, LOVE Bullseye!!! Gotta get more colors!!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/37248-dls160.jpg

And finally, some more florals, this time making leaves under the flowers. All Bullseye, which seems to give so much a "softer" look to them than Moretti does.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/37248-dls161.jpg

Have a great day everyone!!!!

mperaza
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I was in the midst of posting a reply when my post disappeared. Hmmmm.
Not going to retype everything again - everyone's beads are great, but Jennifer - that bead is totally awesome!!!

I did get a chance to make about 3 beads yesterday before the breeze got to me and I had to stop. I'm telling ya, I'm going to change my name to Flamechaser if I don't get my studio finished soon! About the beads - I didn't take pics yet, I'll try to get them here later on.

Marilyn

PS - I know a couple people sent me pm's yesterday, but WC was down for a while for maintenance and when I went to get my messages this morning, they were not there. So.... if you sent one, please resend it.

rosebead
08-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Wonderful beads this morning. You guys always inspire me! :clap:

snootyvixen
08-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Y'all are incredible, but ... Jen .... DAMN, girl!!! There's something about your work that makes me want to liken it to something else (not glass), but I can't think what it is!

Anyhoo ... I'm off to court ... temporary custody and support ... wish me luck!

Someone asked me to recreate a previous set ... then she disappeared! LOL!!! Just as well, all I could manage to copy correctly were the colors! HAHA!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/14836-b040808_portia_2.jpg

Vikki

Jacinthe
08-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Goodness everyone! Awesome stuff. I've got a bit of a headache from the rainy turn of the weather, so I won't comment on all of them. But I do know that every single one was AWESOME!

I did some more stars last night and some spacers for our clubs summer challenge. I gave them all the 100 spacer challenge. Most of them are beginners, so its a good challenge for them. :-)

First, 4 stars, one lauscha green and white, one lauscha green, white and champagne, one ivory and lauscha green, and one with mustard yellow, chocolate brown, tequila sunset coral, red brown, ivory and clear.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/20424-12aug1.jpg

Next some experiments, and some spacers.
Experiments are, the new 'Porcelein' glass I have, I figured it was just a soft white, well look what happened when I accidently heated it again, it got a soft tint of peachy pink to it. The White and black big beads, are with silvered porcelein, the silver reacted with the white making it kinda yellow, and the black just looks hrm... then the last little experiment is silvered tequila sunset coral. It only made it look more coppery. :rolleyes: Then 10 spacers in tequila sunset, 10 in periwinkle and 10 in mustard yellow.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/20424-12aug2.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

LadyArowana
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
What lovely eye candy from everyone. Shame about the broken finger on the red hand, if it had been the little finger you might have been able to sell it to a Japanese yakuza ! Fiona

mcmcilwain
08-12-2004, 12:23 PM
WOW!! I almost decided not to post after seeing the others today. I cant wait til I can do amazing things with glass! For now I will settle with my offerings for today.

Michelle

Listenup
08-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Jennifer, your beads are always amazing. Today's offerings are even more so.

Shame about the broken finger on the red hand, if it had been the little finger you might have been able to sell it to a Japanese yakuza !

Actually I was thinkiing that if she broke off the ring finger, she would have an "I Love You" hand in American Sign Language. :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/35044-ily.jpg

WOW!! I almost decided not to post after seeing the others today. I cant wait til I can do amazing things with glass! For now I will settle with my offerings for today.

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I love your organic offerings. I like the way you alternated the shapes as well. I certainly wouldn't feel bad if those beads came off of my mandrels. :clap:

Todays showcase is full of wonderful beads. Thanks for sharing with us!!! Have a great day all!

-Kay

redsidedesigns
08-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Everyone one you beads are beautiful!
I would like to point out to Jennifer (Foofaraw)
WOW!! Those are just amazing!!! :eek:

Here are some boro
I am not sure if I have this in the right order but here are the colors that I used.
#1 The bases are NS Turquesa, orange and amber purple with a mix of colors for the surface flowers.

#2 a bunch of different colors and I can not really remember them all, I think light blue amber purple, irrid, and a few others ??

#3 More Turquesa and then double amber and solara.

#4 Purple Luster and I think Dark Multi. The colors are so rich and deep I love these two colors together.

Joensey
08-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I love being on vacation so I can read these in the morning!
Jennifer, I don't know about Mary's heart, but I'm eating mine out!
Debby, Oh, MY! That copper green set is wonderful!
Michelle, love it!
My studio is down for it's move up out of the dungeon. But I did get a few things done before.
silver blue frit on sky blue, good old black and white( vetrofond black), and a silver foil over cobalt trans. cant remember if I used frit, probably silver blue.
Joensey

BabsW
08-12-2004, 12:57 PM
What a beautiful start for today! Thanks for sharing.

Chloe's (see tiny head) gold "pish" is in a struggle to live. Yes constipation can be fatal for a goldfish. So I am trying to do something for her to have a good memory of him. Unfortunately this one is struggling too. I may of used opalina for the base :confused: It is going back in the kiln and if it cracks again I'll know for sure. :mad:

You all have a great day.
Barbara

oops! hit the wrong submit key. Wow. about 5 posts at the same time and all fantastic.
Kristan, I love the way you are using boro. It makes me want to switch. Are you using different annealing temps to get the wonderful colors? I bought Doug Remschneider's Boro DVD and the thought of programing all the different schedules is too much. I have that stupid Fuji controller with one program function. :crying:

fay
08-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Gorgeous Beads! Here is another rose pendant. Sorry have to rush and get ready for Hurricane Charley.

Have a terrific Thursday! :D

Cole
08-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Great job, everyone! I haven't visited the daily showcases for a while, and now that I have, I love it! Keep it up!

Juls
08-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, yall!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

hugs~

jeffwelsh23462
08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
hey everyone.... here are 2 lampwork boro bracelets and 2 pendants i made last night... :)

mtbarr
08-12-2004, 01:59 PM

The second is titled.." Mary Englebreit eat your heart out :) ".. a vessel.. light pink base with black and rubino stringer details.[/QUOTE]

Jennifer, you are such a creative glass artist. I always look forward to seeing what you come up with each day.... I am astounded over the "dollface".....looking forward to more....

CharleneN
08-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Wow!! What Gorgeous Beads today!

Jennifer those beads are too die for! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SPIglass
08-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Gorgeous stuff today ya'll!! I gotta go fix Aiden a bottle and get him down for his nap before he starts a fussin', so just one pic from me today.

Paulette

Elena
08-12-2004, 03:09 PM
In the mood for animal beads!
All Vetrofond!

kybeadmaker
08-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Jen...that face pendant is wonderful...and it is screaming my name..I can hear it from here!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to put it on the Bay???? The beads today are scrumptious. My favorite thread, by far!

Sassyglassgal
08-12-2004, 06:04 PM
:) :clap: :p I can't possible remember everyone's offerings today, but they are definately droolable!! Jennifer, I had to get a tissue to mop up the drool, I went to your auctions as I fell in love with that bead and lo and behold it wasn't there....... wah...... I love it. so many to remember, jennifer, that set you wanted to looked painted is awesome, sarah your 6 point star beads are beautious, btw where are all your voluptous women??? Kybeads love the etched beads, I love your brights, and the boro makers ooh wee they are pretty, like the free form bracelets too. Love the shakra hands, I like what you did by graduating colors in one hand. And if I forgot any, not intentional. I felt as its been nothing but gloomy and rainy here in mid michigan alittle MICKEY............

I can't figure out how to get a clickable thing here for my auction on ebay, any advice appreciated. Thanks

Katiefl
08-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Nice Show and Tell today...everyone's shows are outstanding!!

I was about to post a few sets on ebay tonight, but decided, with Hurricane Charley on its way (heading right for Pinellas county, where I live) I better hold off. Theres always a chance that I wont have power for a few days (weeks? lets hope its not that bad!) if it hits as hard as they are predicting. No power=No Ebay :(

Wish me luck in the storm...we are riding it out. Nice strong house and the cupboard is full.

Heres one set I was gonna post. I guess if all is well Saturday, I will post then.

Patricia'sglass
08-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Absolutely most incredible S&T today!! And Michelle, your beads are beautiful! I have been experimenting so nothing decent to show. Thanks for all the beauty to look at and inspire.
Pattym

!ngridh
08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
I am with Debbie ...way too many in this thread to comment on them all...but Jenn my dear, it looks like the gathering really got your juices pumping.

OK I posted this under the boro thread but will add this here too...

These are NOT boro ;-)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/10727-boro.jpg

and I think I am in love!

David E Ricketts
08-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Looking Good........ :clap: :clap: :clap:

MistyCherie
08-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Spectacular S&T today everybody!

I just looked at yesterday's thread as well, and just had to comment on Sarah's stars. While I know they are very star-like, when they face out like that they strongly remind me of snowflakes. So beautiful and symmetrical with the 6 points and the white with alternating color. I bet if you made one with a pale blue or a grey as the main color they would even look more "wintery". I love them very much!!!!

YUM YUM!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/20424-12aug1.jpg

gwacie
08-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Wow. Some really lovely work here today. I mean REALLY lovely.

This isn't much of an addition really but I was happy with it. Working outside of my usual spectrum again.

Becky Mason
08-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Getting ready to go read myself to sleep, which is something I probably won't be able to do tomorrow night with Hurrican Charley expected to hit Tampa and blow through central Florida, where I live, some time tomorrow night. Nice beads everyone. I get such pleasure out of seeing all of the different styles and the level of talent posted on WC. Thanks for the eye candy.

Here are two sets of brownish beads - both made primarily with Czech light and dark smoke topaz and Moretti Sage. I may list 1 or both on eBay, but I haven't decided yet. May keep them and make jewelry for my show coming up in December.

Becky

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/47082-beads_-_smoke_topaz_and_sage-WC.jpg

Sophia757
08-13-2004, 12:44 AM
I am with Debbie ...way too many in this thread to comment on them all...but Jenn my dear, it looks like the gathering really got your juices pumping.

OK I posted this under the boro thread but will add this here too...

These are NOT boro ;-)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/10727-boro.jpg

and I think I am in love!

What boro thread? Those are lovely, btw!

!ngridh
08-13-2004, 02:01 AM
they are purely an experiment. The glass is all moretti...but wow...what a cool boro look! I am going to sit down and seriously work on more of these tomorrow :D

the boro exchange thread (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208940)

NYCindy
08-13-2004, 08:24 AM
I don't know if anyone reads yesterday's show and tell but here's hoping! I'm wondering what the Japanese handshape is that would be made if the pinky was missing?

And Kay, - you're too funny - nice alteration of the picture! LOL!

Actually I was thinkiing that if she broke off the ring finger, she would have an "I Love You" hand in American Sign Language. :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/35044-ily.jpg

-Kay

NYCindy
08-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi Fiona!

Can you explain to me what a Japanese yakuza is? I'm interested in making a variety of hands and this comment intrigued me. Hopefully, it's not obscene ;-)

Thanks!
Cindy

What lovely eye candy from everyone. Shame about the broken finger on the red hand, if it had been the little finger you might have been able to sell it to a Japanese yakuza ! Fiona

LadyArowana
08-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Can you explain to me what a Japanese yakuza is? I'm interested in making a variety of hands and this comment intrigued me. Hopefully, it's not obscene ;-)

Cindy
Hi Cindy, no not obscene, wish it was in a way as I love those little hiney icons. Anyway " yakuza " are the Japanese mobsters. There was a tradition of cutting off the end joint of the pinkie finger. Either as a sign of remorse if you did something to offend the "boss" or as a test of loyalty. Not so popular these days. Fiona

JHDesigns
08-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Dragging in on the tail end of today's s&t. Lots of gorgeous beads! Jenn's stands out in my mind because it is so unique. I love seeing artists stretch to new horizons!
Ingrid, they so look like boro! Wow! Very cool!
These are pretty new, still kinda experimenting on being able to repeat the process easily. Daughter wanted to name them surfer gurl beads cause supposedly surfer girls would like them. Like she would know! Ain't no surfers in Kansas missy! lol
Jami

PS----a DUH moment. Today is Friday, not Thursday!! What was I thinking?

Crowe
08-13-2004, 08:40 PM
It's a newbie coming out party! I'm (hopefully) posting a couple of pictures of sets I made this week. I'd welcome your constructive criticism! They each have a hollow focal bead.

Crowe
08-13-2004, 09:00 PM
One more try :confused:

BBsBaubles
08-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Beautiful work Crowe and welcom to WC! You'll really enjoy it here!

Jamn!
08-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Jennifer that face is calling ME!! :) I love it!

!ngridh thanks for the plug for boro exchange buddies. Those beads really rock!! Makes me wish they were boro ;(

___ with the organic beads that you didn't want to post.. ???? Why NOT?? that is a lovely set!
Crowe those are very very good beginner beads! Welcome to WC!!

Everyone else this is a couple of days late so I will just say that this was a great thread with a lot of wonderful inspiring beads/bead sets! :)