PDA

View Full Version : Wear Its at Thursday, August 12th, 2004

Andee
08-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Good morning everybody!

What a shock to get up, go to Wetcanvas and see that it's still offline for maintenance. Gee - how easily I got addicted to WC! ;)

Today I'm suffering from what I can only call the Fringed Froggy Hangover. My entire back, shoulders, neck and head are still aching from working bended over... It seems I'm too old for doing this kind of stuff! ;)

Mary - good luck for finding a better job!

Barbara - good luck for finding a puppy! I can't believe they make it that difficult! :(

Everybody - have a lovely day!

Oskadis
08-12-2004, 05:39 AM
Yawn! (Yeah again...) Good morning.

Yeah I was shocked too with that maintenance sign on WC ;)
Hope you feel better in your shoulders and back soon Andee. If you attempt another such beading project maybe you would like to purchase a magnifying glass that attaches to the desk ;) that would allow you to sit straight in your chair *grin*

Besides it being already 30 C nothing much new here ... if it doesn't rain tonight I can say bye bye to many plants in the garden :(

Have a nice day!

Retta Gates
08-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Hello all! Sorry to hear about the heat Karen, record cold here, well for summer anyway about 10 C or ( 50 F) ;)

It's usually about 90 at least here this time of year so I am grateful.

I am have been working on seedbeads today but it wasn't turning out right so I am looking for a new exciting project. Anyone have a favorite seed bead necklace pattern they want to share?

Take care all.

beclectic
08-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Good day all,

I'm at work as usual.

Puppy/Dog Saga, Part 3 weeks and counting...
OK, I got sneaky. I'm not proud of it but I did it. I talked a friend of mine, Jonathan, into going to Animal Control and adopting the dog Roger (DLP, Darling Life Partner) and I wanted. Animal Control is open from 10:00 a.m to 5 p.m. weekdays and 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays. I work from 7:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. so it is a cinch I can't get there durning the week. Anyway, Jonathan gets off of work at 3:00 p.m. now so he went in yesterday to adopt the dog. He gets there around 4:00 p.m., fills out the paperwork and is taken to look at the dogs. He finds the one we like and another on named Dax which he likes better. Several phone calls back and forth and I convince him that if he likes Dax he should adopt him but I want the other one, Ranger. He goes up to the desk at 4:45 p.m. to tell them he has picked a dog and guess what. They stop adoptions at 4:30 p.m., no where does it say that, no one has told him that so now he is going back this afternoon to try again. He said that when he left the woman that was behind him was yelling at the clerk about how difficult they make adopting a dog, about the hours, about the unpublished cut-off time, etc., etc. So it is not just me. Most people work until 5:00 p.m. so that means all those people, and Jonathan said there were about 30 people, took off of work to try and get a dog or cat. He says he didn't see anyone take home a pet yesterday. Why do things have to be like this? Why is it so neccessary to make people's lives harder?

One good thing I found out about Animal Control, once a dog is designated as adoptable then they keep it and don't put it to sleep until it either goes kennel crazy from lack of attention or gets sick. That is better than I thought it was but it isn't very good.

I know y'all must be tired of hearing this stupid tail (pun intended). If we don't get the dog tonight I think I will either buy one or give up, I haven't decided which. (I keep calling Ranger, the dog, because I don't want to get too attached to him before we actually get him. I'm not sure this is going to work. I'm not crazy about the name either. He is a brown and white Fox Terrier mix. Do y'all want to suggest names, I'd consider whatever you have to offer.)

In other news, DLP's parents had their 42nd anniversary last night and we went to their house to help celebrate and look at old wedding pictures. It was fun but I didn't get to work on any jewelry last night, again. Maybe tonight, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

A coworker just brought in a box of old costume jewelry that her mother had. I'm going to convert the earrings to either posts or ear wires since they are clip-ons now and she doesn't wear clip-ons. There are also several necklaces that she wants earrings to match or coordinate with. That will be fairly easy. There is one necklace made from pot metal that is a series of increasingly larger cast leaves that are linked closely together. I'm going to make a mold of one of the medium leaves and cast it in silver colored polymer clay to make earrings to match the necklace. I like the design so much I may make push molds of all the leaves so I can use them as components for jewelry. I'll put it in show and tell when I get it made.

Have a fun and productive day.

tamjai
08-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Good morning Everyone -
andee, hopefully a hot shower will help a wee bit - it's hard to take a break isn't it?
barb - i hope something comes through for you soon - what an ordeal :(
I'd love to see some of the patterns as well - I've done very little with seedbeads(but have tons) and after seeing pams peyote tube with focal i want to learn more - haven't seen much in b&b that turns my crank yet - there is one on kate mackinnons site with red seedbeads that i just love - maybe some day, someone will offer a workshop in this part of the world.......
have a great day all!
tam

LLane
08-12-2004, 08:16 AM
A quick hello to all...... I'm working on pricing and finishing up a few items for a retail store that sells my stuff.... then off to deliver it.... it's about 100 miles away, but my sisters and parents live there... so it's a good reason to visit.

I'm supposed to leave for Key West this Sunday but hurricane charley is supposed to hit there on Friday!!! This is not the timing I was hoping for! I talked with my builder who said he was busy securing everything for the blow.... What an introduction to life in hurricane zone!!!

Take care all and have a great weekend... I will probably be back on Sat.. before leaving on Sunday (if that works out).

Peace,
Lois

McDuck
08-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Morning and Good Day Everyone!!!

Andee, you are too young to ache! I have a magnifier but havent set it up yet :rolleyes: imagine that!

Karen, you own a bead store? or the store you buy from? I just love your work.

Sorry Retta, I only have done the spiral pattern in seed beads, but give me time!

Now Barbara, i am about ready to go down to my local animal shelter and get you a pup to take back with you! What a nightmare.

Tam - things are moving towards your part of the world. it all just takes time! Believe me, i live in teh midwest, and we get everything last!

lois, you are moving to Key West and our favorite Lenda just moved away :eek: and the trouble you TWO girls would have gotten into :evil: I hope your new house does not blow away!

I have to mail out the remainders of the bulk buy I did. They finally sent me the items. Then mail out an order from teh last show i did, barbaras and Di's buttons, an order for Char, and other numerous items. Then home, need to pour, pour, pour, clean the house a bit, they are redoing our streets and curbs and sidewalks and lower drives if needed and the dust is terrible! It has been so dang unseasonably cool her 60's agin today :mad: this is just wrong it is august for pete's sake! Can you tell I am unhappy. Then last but not leat I want to cut some copper tubing and work on myenamal beads for the upcoming shows. Stock need stock!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

Jacinthe
08-12-2004, 10:04 AM
HI all... just popped in to say hi!

Hugs from holland,
Sarah

Barrie
08-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi All!!
Sounds like everyone is busy today! Lois, got my fingers crossed the hurricane doesn't cause you too much grief. Andee, don't forget to stretch!! Mary, don't know how you do it! But keep doing what you do so well!! Barb, have you thought about contacting the local papers? Sounds like your shelter needs some changes. Waving hi to Tam, Rhetta, Karen and Sarah!!
I'm trying to work today. It's been so hot, makes it hard to stay on task. Especially if I have to go out at all. Got my car tuned up yesterday, ready for my road trip next week. I have to head into town today to pick up tools and supplies and drop off stock at the gallery I sell at. Then home to work, work, work!! Everyone have a fun day!! Go create something!

TheBlueBetween
08-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Hello to everyone :)

Andee, I think we all did the same with that WC maintenence sign (I got home last night after an nice evening out and a bottle of silver oak and what is the first thing I do? Check WC. We might need a 12 step program if WC ever goes away). Hope your seed bead injuries fade soon :)

Karen I think you and I are the only ones with heat waves... and it sounds like we are not used to them - I'd give mine back to whoever wants it. 70's is just fine with me - 90's are too much. Even my dogs think so.

Retta and Tam, here are some great links to seed bead (and other) tutorials:
http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist5.html#Instructions and the two books by Carol Wilcox Wells are GREAT.

Tam I know exactly which bracelet on Kate's site you are talking about... I've been drooling over it since she posted it.

Barbara OMG I can't beleive that place! They just don't want to get these dogs new homes at all. I'm thinking it would be easier for me to just go get you one here and ship it to you. Except they wouldn't let me put it on a plane in this heat. Sheesh.

Lois, good luck with Key West - hurricanes are starting early this year aren't they? Hope they end early too. You know about Fantasy Fest at Halloween down there don't you? One of these years we will be back for that and we will have to stop by and say hi!

Hi Mary and Sara too :) Mary, come get my heat. Please.

Well, last night neither my kid or my dogs woke me up. Unfortunately the neighbor kids 2 houses down did. At midnight with blaring music and screaming that only got louder for 1/2 an hour until someone made them shut it off. I don't know WHERE these kids' parents are! Another Sheesh. You know you're getting old when this stuff bothers you. Or just that going on 5 years of SOMETHING waking me up every night in one way or another is getting me old.

Today is the last day of summer camp for Luke :crying: preschool doesn't start for a month and a half :crying: :crying: :crying: so I'm going to try to make a bunch more focals so I can make a bunch more of those peyote necklaces - that will keep me busy. And I need to make a ladybug thing, and a chinese auction gift and something for a local glass beadmaker's get-together at the end of the month. I have to get cracking!

Pam

beclectic
08-12-2004, 12:02 PM
<snip>
Barbara OMG I can't beleive that place! They just don't want to get these dogs new homes at all. I'm thinking it would be easier for me to just go get you one here and ship it to you. Except they wouldn't let me put it on a plane in this heat. Sheesh.

Pam I really appreciate your offer but I realize it isn't practical. If we don't get Ranger tonight I'm going to give up. Sometimes something is trying to tell you the time just isn't right. I'll meditate on it and see what comes up. Maybe a special dog is coming our way and we just have to wait.

Barrie, the city says it doesn't have the money to fund the shelter any better, the private rescue places have so many different rules and regulations it is difficult to get through it all and they take the dogs that the city can't care for, the ones that need minor vet care and are going to be put to sleep. The private places also decide which dogs you can even be considered for and each person has their own ideas. I've been around dogs all my life. I've trained many dogs in many breeds and I know something about them. While there are dogs that are just unsuitable I feel if they would let me get to know the dogs by visiting I could make my own decision about which one would work out. I know everyone is trying to do their best with little money but I hate being caught in the middle.

Mary, if we still don't have a dog by the end of the day today and one hasn't shown up by October I may take you up on your offer. :)

<snip>
And I need to make a ladybug thing, and a chinese auction gift and something for a local glass beadmaker's get-together at the end of the month. I have to get cracking!

Pam

Boy do I hear you on that one. I'm feeling the pressure too. I have got to get my ladybug stuff going and the Chinese Auction is coming up fast. I know what I want to make but I don't know if I have time.

Lois and all the people that may be effected by Charlie the hurricane, I hope everything is OK and this one lightens up before it comes ashore.

We are having a fall day. At noon it is 66F(19C) and that is just weird. The sky is as clear as can be, no haze and the clouds are fluffy and white. I don't want to be inside but out riding. I don't have horses anymore but this is perfect weather for it.

Back to work for me. Its been fun and helpful talkin' to ya.

McDuck
08-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Okay, i have a ton to do today, but I feel used up! :( :mad: Daph and I just shared pizza before she leaves for work, of course when Dan gets home I am making Talapia, salad, rice and a vege... and have to eat again! No wonder I cant lose any weight :mad: back to having too much to do and no energy and what's worse is I feel useless. Dont you hate when this happens :confused:

pushing myself to get back to work, please Pam i will be glad to take all of your and barries heat!!! I think it is the fact that we havent had summer and it is starting to be fall here already :eek: this is soooooo wrong. Okay, I really have nothing to compalin about when so many others have so much happening. back to the grind.

-mary

tamjai
08-12-2004, 05:45 PM
mary - it must be temporary, you are the original energizer bunny! what is Talapia??
lois - with that hurricane approaching my thoughts are with you - i never thought i would know anything about them but, after hurricane Juan I do - the experts still haven't figured out how it managed to do so much damage... :confused: - my ( and most of the east coasts') fingers are crossed,
tam

McDuck
08-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Tam - Talapia is a very nice white fish. I dipped it in egg, bread crumbs and am grilling it on aluminum foil as I type!

-mary

beclectic
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Her is the last episode of the Puppy/Dog Saga for a while.

We didn't get Ranger. My friend tried but he answered a question in a way they didn't like so no dog. I give up. I'm beaten, and that is really hard for me to say because I don't like giving up. I'll meditate on this and see where it takes me. Maybe there is a reason for this foolish waste of time. :crying: :mad: :crying:

I am going to try to work on my ladybug necklace but I feel run over by a truck.

DD did make a neat bug with the toy she got from Taco Bell. It is something like Play Doh and lots of cardboard eyes, legs, pincers and other parts. It came out pretty funny.

Off to work on the necklace.

TTFN

McDuck
08-12-2004, 10:49 PM
9:40pm, just about finished the neighbors yard, all we have left to do is paver lock the sandstone patio we made for her new gazebo we just put up. :rolleyes: Now we werent supposed to originally put the gazebo up, or move the firewood, or clear the patio or plant the flowers... but we did. We definately under bid ourselves but her back yard is going to be awesome! Now what we wont do is the sod or grass seed the yard, that wasnt in the book and we definately have done more than we were asked to do, but she is an older woman with 2 jobs and I felt bad to let her do it in her spare time. :angel: dang kind heart is going to kill me one day

but it is all well worth it as every night since we started cleaning, she has went out to sit in her yard very late at night after we are gone, we keep finding more and more plastic patio furniture out in the dirt LOL it is so cute!

but, i am tired dirty and didnt get squat done today that i really wanted to, although it does seem that i have finished quite a bit.

and Barbara, I am so sorry to hear about the pup. how do they ever get any of them homes??

you all have a great nite! i need a message :(
mary

Beads-Me!
08-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi all! Barbara - I'm sorry... I was hoping for a happy ending.. Mary - you busy beaver you! Waving a very late hello to everyone else.. I'm off to bed - it's been a busy one for me. When I wake up I'll be the mother of a 17 year old! How is that possible when I'm only 26?? ;)

TheBlueBetween
08-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Barbara I'm so sorry, I've been checking in every so often hoping there would be a picture of Ranger here for us. I'm sure the right dog will come along. Hope it's soon. Hugs.

Hugs for you too Mary, I know my mother in NH never even opened her pool this year - summer hasn't really arrived. And Fall is on the way. She's not happy either. Hope your fish was yummy - sounds good!

Any you too Nancy - I can't imagine having a 17 year old and I would never have guessed you had one either! Happy Birthday to your son :)

Well, I'm off to put my 3 year old to bed and make sure there is no food stashed around anywhere - my Zoe girl (black dog) is having surgery tomorrow to remove a growth in her mouth and have it biopsied and she's not allowed to eat anything else today or tomorrow. I admit, I'm freaked out about it...it's really big and gets in the way of her tounge... good thoughts and all for her tomorrow would be very welcomed.

DonnaBee
08-13-2004, 12:29 AM
A drive by "hello" from me, while it is still Thursday! :D

:) Hello! :)

Less than two weeks until my boys are in school full time. It will be the first time ever for me to have them both in full time... I am going to miss them. As much as I complain... I sure am going to miss them.... :( :crying: ;) :) )

After the school year starts, then I will probably be posting on WC in the morning instead of late at night.

I have local jewelry requests piling up, so I will have something to get going on! (Three anklets, a bracelet and a necklace... just simple designs, but it will be very satisfying to make them! :D )