PDA

View Full Version : Chloe CKCS Pup WIP

Irene Prior
08-11-2004, 02:57 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2004/31201-Chloepastel.jpg

This is my second pastel piece done on mi-tientes charcoal grey pastel paper, using nupastel 24 pack and fabriano pastel pencils.

I think I'm gonna like working in pastel's because it's so fast. I'm still working on this and I can see that I need to separate her ears from her head...make it more darker. I was having problems with her right ear trying to make it appear curved with the white highlight.

C & C appreciated.

Irene

Deborah Secor
08-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Aren't pastels fun? They are quickly done, which I love too. I guess I'm a part of the microwave generation!

I agree that the ears need to be separated from the head, as right now the (viewer's) left eye appears to be a part of it. A bit of dark along the side of the head may do it.

I might also add a bit of shadow beneath the head to separate the neck and chest area. At the moment I can't tell what direction the light is coming from, and that might help a bit.

I'll be interested to see how this one progresses...

Deborah

Khadres
08-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Very fetching expression (no pun intended!) Once you get the little details in, it's going to be very, very cute! Looks like he was fun to do, too! Nice!

K Taylor-Green
08-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Good start on this,Irene. You have gotten some good advice, so I will just watch it progress!

Irene Prior
08-12-2004, 08:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2004/31201-Chloepastel.jpg

Thank you Deborah, Khadres, and Kate for looking and suggestions. I've worked on Chloe's portrait trying to create separation of the ears to the head and also around the neck and chest.

C & C appreciated.

Irene

prestonsega
08-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Irene....better be careful...one box of pastels leads to another, then another, and before you know it,your buying from open stock 2 and 3 sticks of the same color so your stash is never too low to enjoy the high of pasteling...... :evil:

You have been given some good advice and since doggies aren't my thing, I decline any comments 'cept keep on painting,and most of all have fun!

Irene Prior
08-14-2004, 10:55 AM
I know what you mean Prestonsega about getting more sticks of pastel. Yesterday I was eyeing a box of oil pastels :D But for now I'll stick with my soft pastels before I venture into oil. Thanks for taking a look.

Irene